ViewSonic

www.viewsonic.com

ViewSonic Reviews

ViewSonic – London – “ViewSonic”

James Chu

Challenging

Salesforce.com Administrator (Former Employee) Walnut, CA

ProsBecause of the disarray of the database at Viewsonic, I was always challenged to find creative ways to accomplish tasks and deliver on requests.

ConsReporting to the Channel Marketing Manager (or any sales role for that matter) is not a desirable structure for an IT position. In Viewsonics case, the manager was a big mirco manager and never gave specifics about what he wanted, resulting in a high level of frustration between myself and him.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave the sales dept. worry about sales, and IT worry ab out IT. SalesForce.com is a sales tool, but it is managed and owned by the IT dept, so please get the sales dept. out of the picture.

No Loyalty to Employees. Run!!!

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood products, excellent industry vision.

ConsEven though I always blew my sales goals away, I was let go with no warning or severence. This company uses people and treats employees like cattle.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to appreciate your employees and how to be a good corporate citizen instead of taking advantage of people.

Not an Ethical Company

Marketing/Advertising (Former Employee) Walnut, CA

Pros- Good Products
    - Smart People
    - Well respected in the reseller community

Cons- Senior Management considers their own personal well being above their employees
    - Work/Life balance is not encouraged
    - Very limited path for career advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand the value you have in your employees and respond to them with honor and loyalty.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great

Cost Analyst Intern (Former Employee) Walnut, CA

ProsGood environment, great coworkers, and interesting industry.

ConsVery small room to grow within company

Cool technology

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Walnut, CA

ProsFeels like family-atmosphere within your department

ConsDepartment time management not good

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen resources are needed in another department, feel free to utilize what resources are free from one department

Minor league team trying to compete in the Majors

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsWork from home, flexible schedule, decent pay for the amount of work done

ConsThe company didn't seem to have an idea of the direction they wanted to go. Senior management didn't always get along and constant bickering and bitching about senior staff was always ongoing. Very little back end support from the "specialists" who often didn't have answers or would get confused on conference calls. Pricing and inventory was always an issue. Many deals would be lost because an answer about inventory would go unanswered. Very little brand marketing outside of the IT industry. Many customers had never heard of the brand and thought it was a knock off 3rd party brand that they could buy at Best Buy.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to your employees and don't just pretend to. Many employees are in positions they are not qualified or suited for. Promote the brand!!

Viewsonic

Sales Manager (Current Employee)

Pros- The products are good

Cons- No real management direction

Advice to Senior ManagementThey have to change the way they operate , and understand the market more ....

Worked for ViewSonic? Contribute to the Community!