Viget Labs Reviews

Updated September 12, 2014
3.9

Brian W. Williams
1 Rating

Great leadership, awesome culture, unbelievable coworkers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Viget Labs full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is how companies should work. Brian and Andy (CEO and President) truly care about their company and their people, and their dedication shows in a multitude of ways. Employees are driven and talented, while understanding the importance of a work / life balance. Cool clients, fun projects, great people.

Cons

Some long weeks and some projects that aren't 100% fun, but I think that's common across most agencies.

Unless your title clearly states a position they are filling, forget it!

I worked at Viget Labs

Pros

Start-up, open to ideas and not drowned by red corporate tape.

Cons

HR recruiters cannot see the tree from the forest.

Need better HR recruiters that can see beyond the resume titles and not just focus on trying to get a 100% match. If you want someone that matches exactly what you are needing, you might as well hired contractors and pay them big bucks. If you are open to getting someone with ambition and drive to work in a entrepreneurial environment, then these recruiters need to look beyond the resumes' title and see what the individual can contribute based on what they have accomplished from their work accomplishments from their previous employers.

Inspiration, Innovation, and Constant Improvement.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Viget Labs

Pros

Amazingly smart and hard-working colleagues mean project teams always get the job done to a high standard. It's really satisfying to work at a place like that.

Learning/knowledge-sharing between peers is unparalleled, and the level of innovation is inspiring. That's how we end up with products that we can be proud of.

The expectations are really high, based on the history of amazing work, but there's a culture of appreciation for mistakes and failures. That culture nurtures risk-taking and professional growth. Because of this environment, we are able to find ways to constantly improve both our work and our own skill sets.

No two days are the same, no two projects are the same, but with every challenge there's a new opportunity for learning and problem-solving. It's just fun and exciting.

Cons

Too many interesting projects - not enough time in the day to do them all. It's easy to get so caught up in the work that you end up spending many long days in a row at the office.

Keep doing what you're doing. The strategy of finding smart, passionate, interesting people and giving them the freedom to do the job the way they want to do it has been a risky choice to take, but it seems to have worked perfectly.

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Software Developer
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Viget Labs full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Viget Labs has a great culture and a welcoming family-like atmosphere. They also have the best designers around.

Cons

Less of a focus on good development practices. The work is very challenging, but that's not much of a con. Expect to work 45-50 hours/week. Offices are spread between three locations, so you have a lot of Skype calls instead of face-to-face communication.

Viget Labs Photos