Viking Collection Service

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Gene Kloeckner & Cory Kloeckner

A good company with high standards.

Account Representative (Former Employee)
    Eden Prairie, MN

ProsCollections has come a long ways and continues to change. I saw a lot of changes at VCS even though I only worked there for a year. They treated their employees fairly and if anyone was let go they knew the reasoning behind the decisions that were being made. The managers there communicated well with employees and provided feedback. They offered base plus commission and it seemed reasonable when compared to other companies. The best part about working at VCS was that you could set your own schedule as long as you worked your required nights/weekends. The people I worked with were great, I learned a lot and now I can cross "collections" off the list of jobs that I would be fine never working again.

ConsI was not a natural born collector so I found collections to be very challenging. When I worked there it was a base plus commission pay scheme. I guess if you had more experience your base was better, but I was new to collections and really just needed a job. I never commissioned but the goals that were set for me were attainable.. Well, a lot of people made their goals and I think I only made mine a couple times, so they weren't impossible. People swore at me a lot but that wasn't anyone's fault at Viking.

Advice to Senior ManagementI liked working for all of my managers, I thought they did a good job. They had good communication and did their best to motivate and encourage people. The Senior Leadership seemed to be friendly and fair. I was never called into the big guy's office but he knew everyone's name and was willing to talk to you.

Questionable leadership

Debt Collector (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsClean, newer office building near I-17.

ConsOffice politics. Suck ups are favored, talent is overlooked.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement overhaul needed.

Just OK

Collector (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunity to earn 50-60 thousand. Flex schedule. Lot's of people (social opps). Health bens. Decent work environment . And decent training.

ConsIncompetent unit managers and an antiquated relationship model with employee / employer.
    You will be treated like a criminal. Constant feeling of being watched. Management behaves as though you are an enemy to be watched, monitored and harassed.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep into the 21st century. Treat your employees like people and value their contributions. There is a reason the best collectors in the TC area are not at Viking anymore. How thickheaded do you need to be when all of your top talent leaves and goes to the same competitor.

Worked for Viking Collection Service? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Viking Collection Service reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Viking Collection Service CEO Gene Kloeckner & Cory Kloeckner. All reviews posted anonymously by Viking Collection Service employees.