Villa Pizza

Updated November 14, 2014
Updated November 14, 2014
2.3

Ben Scotto

I love it. You get burnt alot by the oven when you warm pizzas up!!

Current Employee - Cashier/Server in Independence, MO
    Current Employee - Cashier/Server in Independence, MO

I have been working at Villa Pizza part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Honestly it's great helping people puts a smile in their face.

Cons

The oven burns you! So be really careful with the pizza and your hand.

My manager she's awesome we don't have a Gm yet but she does everything in her power to make things work! I really respect that of her! She's doing pretty good with going to school and having kid! I don't know how I could do it!

It's a place to work.

Current Employee - Line Worker in West Lafayette, IN
    Current Employee - Line Worker in West Lafayette, IN

I have been working at Villa Pizza part-time (more than an year)

Pros

My co-workers are awesome, and are some of the best people I've ever worked with. The job is easy enough and easy to learn. The only perk, other that the co-workers, is being able to snack while you're on the job. Its very easy to sneak food into the back and eat it really quick.

Cons

The people in management have very poor people and management skills. We just got a new general manager back in August and she is just now holding our first meeting. I came back to work this semester not knowing who she was. A lot of people just thought she was just another worker. That makes me not respect her as a manager. One of our supervisors could use some training in leadership and how to actually do work and not delegate everything that comes across his plate.

Learn that we as students do not live to work here. We have school to worry about which is more important that this part time job at a pizza place. We get raises, but it is basically nothing. 5 cents per semester we work. Give us more and we will be more willing to stay on longer as an employee. At a certain point, the job becomes too much with such a low salary and with barely any growth to expect with it.

Very bad. Worst job I ever had

Former Employee - Customer Service in Middletown, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Middletown, NJ

I worked at Villa Pizza part-time

Pros

It only makes good pizza. That's it.

Cons

I worked very long hours here and was devoted to it. Then, they made me work for an extremely long time, there was no breaks, and I just completely quit.

Make the people who work here work less hours.

Nice co workers but terrible management

Former Employee - Villa Pizza in Bethlehem, PA
    Former Employee - Villa Pizza in Bethlehem, PA

I worked at Villa Pizza full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only positive things there were the nice co workers and the free pizza (which we werent allow to have)

Cons

Mike Yousef, the general manager, has no clue what he is doing. He is only there because he is either friends with the owner or friends with the corporate management. He doesn't treat people like people. He treats them like animals and screams like a little baby when he doesn't get his way.

Fire Yousef and start treating your employees better.

eh.

Former Employee - Employee in Salisbury, MD
    Former Employee - Employee in Salisbury, MD

I worked at Villa Pizza part-time (less than an year)

Pros

good plce to work, friendly enviroment

Cons

no pay raise, short hours (due to summer time)

eh. its ok

Villa Villa

Current Employee - Dishwasher/Prep in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Dishwasher/Prep in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Villa Pizza part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easygoing atmosphere, great food, and great employers. Employees also receive a discount in Mall.

Cons

No healthcare, and lazy employees.

Try and hire people with a good ethnic background.

Amazing

Former Employee - Bartender/Counter
    Former Employee - Bartender/Counter

I worked at Villa Pizza full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Tony, Billy, Alfred, and Marty are the greatest. Easygoing atmosphere, great food, great employees. I was sad to leave the place!

Cons

Long hours. It can get very busy at times. There's a very high attrition rate among employees. I would get my W2s late every single year.

Consider closing some holidays. It's understandable to want to make the most amount of money possible in a given year, but if it's at the expense of your employees' Thanksgivings, you've got a recipe for poor team morale.

Got me through pocket change in college

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Lafayette, IN

I worked at Villa Pizza part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good people and good employers

Cons

Not easy working in front of the oven

Not very good

I worked at Villa Pizza

Pros

Liked people I worked with. Liked working with the majority of the public. Exciting to open new store and work in a high volume business.

Cons

Worked LOTS of hours. Standards of operations were not consistent. Bonus program tied to things that I had no control over. Labor kept to such low levels that it was impossible to service customers well

Be consistent. Realize that employees make or break a company daily. Owners should let operators run the business.

the best thing about this job is the pizza; the company and management are discusting

Current Employee - Co Manager
    Current Employee - Co Manager

I have been working at Villa Pizza full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Learn new skills such as how to make fresh pizza!
    Pay is good for both hourly and salary- but it is only meant to get you in the door. After working long hours, with no breaks, and on a limited staff that $$ figure falls by the wayside..
    You can get promoted if you kiss the right @$$ to get your boss fired first.

Cons

Hours are ridiculous for both management and staff. Higher ups want schedules cut down to minimums at all time. If that means only a manager working, then so be it. Not easy to do- to make pizza, cook fresh food items, serve customers, and clean, etc. by yourself. Employees have high turnover rate because they don't like getting 5-10 hours a week during slow times and 50 during the holidays. There is no consistency.
    -Everyone talks about everyone else. There is no privacy. If a manager is scolded for some reason, everyone in the district hears about it
    -Morale is very low.
    -Its hard to find another job bc you are working 5-6-7 days a week of at least 11 hours a day- you literally have no time to do anything.
    -Vacations and days off are always a problem to get approved, on top of that there are black outs and no rollover days so you end up losing a lot of "benefit" time.
    -everyone wants things done "their way" and no one does it the "standard" way unless the VPs are coming for a store visit. Usually they never even show up.
    -Emails and conference calls are filled with negativity and there is very little effort made to tell a a manager or group of staff that they are doing something-anything- right.. ever.
    -BC everyone wants things their own way their is a ton of micro managing and stress
    -Managers are supposed to work 55 hours a week, which is pretty much impossible. Usually hitting 60+ hours in most locations
    -No time to take a break during the day bc no one else would be running the restaurant.
    -When you get hired everyone tells you how this is a great company and a lot of room for growth, but I have only seen people been fired or quit. Everyone gets hired from the outside. the joke of an HR dept has gone through so many people in the last year its no wonder that internal employees cannot be retained.
    -Bottom line- its a family business that is trying to become corporate in structure. This puts a lot of cooks in the kitchen, causes a lot of stress, and is apparent to anyone working for more than 2 weeks that the company is completely disorganized.

It would be nice if you could separate yourselves from the people who are in the middle levels such as the DM's and Regionals. If you did you could see that your values do not line up. There is no work/life balance for employees, especially front line management. Create more resources and make them available. More benefits would be appreciated too. Do you realize that some of your employees such as cooks and pizza makers have been working for you for years and they are not even entitled to a weeks vacation. Poor benefits in what compares in the rest of the market. Maybe you could just stop in a Sbarro's, pick any one and I'm sure you will find disgruntled Villa workers there.