Village Green

Updated February 23, 2015
Updated February 23, 2015
2.7

Jonathan Holtzman

Pros
  • Benefits, Flexible Hours, Fun People, Training, It is easy to move up within the company, great commission structure, easy but entertaining work (in 3 reviews)

• Great training, good benefits, higher pay than most property management companies (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is not very supportive and is very disorganized (in 5 reviews)

• Little to no room for advancement unless you work out of the corporate office (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Rewarded Very Well- But Owned! Very High Expectation But GREAT Training & Experience.

I have been working at Village Green full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Professional Training Offered Constantly, Great Benefits, Always Someone There To Help You, Geniunly Interested In Sucess and Being The Best.

Cons

Expect Late Hours, They Will Decide What Property You Work At If You Are Good At Your Job. In 3 Years I Have Worked at 7 Properties With Very Short Notice. They Have No Regaurd For Your Family Or Personal Life. This Job Is Great For Single People Looking To Build Experience, Not Suited For People Who Crave Stability.

I fully believe in what you are doing, get your HR department together! You don't produce/keep enough talented Sales people to compensate your growth- and your managers are to off-hands in sales and are basically glorified accountants half the time.

Great people to work with

I have been working at Village Green

Pros

Decent wages, Great Management, advancement oppurtunities

Cons

Business can be slow at times

Keep up the good work

Not recommended

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington, MI

I worked at Village Green full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good job out of college but not to stay long term.

Cons

Worked at corporate office. Owner and management can make it unbearable and owner is very rude to employees - first week there I had his hand in my face for answering a question he asked - have seen him yell at employees for no reason. Owner and c levels can be cut throat, with no reason to fire you.

A nightmare you cannot wake up from.

Former Employee - Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at Village Green

Pros

Decent health insurance. Nifty ensemble.

Cons

Abusive, Nazi-like tactics. Non-supportive management team. Rogue, low talent managers selected from thin talent pool allowed to run amok and abuse their site staffs without corporate office intervention or assistance. I cared more about the site and the residents than the manager, i.e., residents secretly and sometimes openly complained about blatantly uncaring property manager. Property manager routinely said she had no motivation. If you go to corporate she would make you pay. Entire site staff turned over due to this manager save one employee. Who knows now? Property management is a very inhospitable business and Village Green is the most inhospitable work environment I have ever worked in. Strong-arming tactics such as threatening to write you up for anything and everything was a daily reality. Thuggery on the part of management seemed to be the order of the day at Village Green. Expect to pay out of pocket for office supplies and never get reimbursed. Sales Trainers show up at sites and actually throw files on the ground for affect as they as they try to intimidate and threaten site staff. The overall experience was like having a stress test every day. Your reward was getting a chance to be abused the next day.

Just like Dorothy and her pals, seek out the Wizard and do what is necessary to be granted a brain (redundant processes, outdated computer software) some courage to do do right by your employees and most of all, a heart so that you can actually care about your employees and residents alike. And perhaps a pair of eyeglasses so you can really see what is going on with your employees, especially those working at the site level where most of the abuse takes place.

Best Company I have ever worked for. I hope to stay with VG for many more years to come!

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Village Green

Pros

Training, customer service, feeling like you can make a difference with the company.

Cons

I have no cons about working with Village Green.

Awful environment which starts from the top down.
    If you see openings for this company, there's a reason why.

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Village Green full-time (more than a year)

Pros

...a paycheck? But, I'm willing to be unemployed to avoid working there, so, scratch that.
    Free dinners on Thursday's consisting of dry, grilled, flavorless chicken.
    Open bar at company convention.

Cons

VERY HIGH TURNOVER RATE.
    Lack of leadership overall.
    Zero engagement with employees experiences and well-being.
    Horrible work/life atmosphere and culture.
    Unreasonably stressful (make stress out of thin air from poor organization and marketing strategy).
    Inability to control creative department visions.
    Expect to remain stagnant/decline in personal and career growth.
    Expect to have no support/mentoring from superiors.
    Lots of "high school drama."
    It will suck the joy and energy out of your life and make you chronically sick.
    Dysfunctional micro-management from the top down - waste efforts on the wrong topics.
    Boring, too small, ugly, yellow office.
    Just don't work here.

Learn how to make your employees happy so that they want to work for you. It not much to ask for..the golden rule, folks.

Nut house r them

I have been working at Village Green full-time

Pros

Ha cant think of any

Cons

They expect the impossible out of one person.They are unrealistic with what they expect done in one day.They are crazy with time management but what they fail to realize is every job is never the same.You will never get work done with all the meetings and classes they make you attend.They don't pay their bills so don't expect supplies on time.

Fold up

Abusive Relationship

I have been working at Village Green full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Started as a Sales Consultant and was promoted multiple times. Good pay for the market

Cons

I am in an abusive relationship with my job...Expect to work long hours (12 hour days 6 days a week on average), be berated by the CEO for reasons insignificant to the overall performance of a site and loose all semblance of a personal life just to get a pat on the back at the end of the day. Not asking for money or recognition, just more realistic goals with better tools to achieve them.

Keep the CEO in the boardroom

OK company

I worked at Village Green

Pros

good managment training program an promote from within

Cons

too much micro mangement rom uppermanagment to lower management

Sales Consultant

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Village Green full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great training program, and everyone that works for the company is down to earth and nice...so far. Lots of room for growth.

Cons

Work on Saturday's or you get a random day off during the week because you have to get your 40 hours a week. Rotating on Saturday's kind of sucks.