Village Green Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.4
Jonathan Holtzman

Pros
  • Benefits, Flexible Hours, Fun People, Training, It is easy to move up within the company, great commission structure, easy but entertaining work (in 3 reviews)

• Great training, good benefits, higher pay than most property management companies (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is not very supportive and is very disorganized (in 5 reviews)

• Lack of communication throughout the company, especially at the site level (in 3 reviews)

1. great place to work

I worked at Village Green

Pros

great people working for this company ,good team work

Cons

I didn't have any cons

Advice to Management

keep up with listening to want employees want

Not impressed

I worked at Village Green full-time

Pros

the pay is great when you start

Cons

don't expect any pay increase. lots of secrets and unprofessional ways

Advice to Management

stay true to your word. Reward employees. Be honest

Run while you still have a chance!

I worked at Village Green full-time

Pros

You will learn where you draw the line between your work and personal life?

Cons

Run while you still can. Corporate office is vindictive and gossips and you don't even want to know about the inappropriate relationships between upper management and site staff! Regionals are stressed and overworked and take it out on their site staffs. The ownership of the company and a lot of the properties is a tyrant! If you able to avoid him at all costs! Don't believe the positive comments on this site- they make employees who are still drinking their Koolaid post positive remarks and reviews about their properties and will even offer gift cards to residents to do the same.

it's a paycheck

I have been working at Village Green full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Great cow-workers
    -higher than average pay
    -promotions from within are easily attainable
    -benefits are better than most

Cons

-Management (PM's and AD's) are strictly off-hands outside of their offices. completely out of touch with residents, employees, and the general state of the property.
    - Like with any corporate entity, if you don't have a friend in senior management, you will go nowhere.
    -Unrealistic expectations. not even remotely attainable
    -Residents consistently complain about managements out of touch style.
    - I wouldn't recommend working with Village Green long term, unless you wish to age prematurely.

Advice to Management

-Stop raising the rent every time the wind blows.
    - Value your employees

NO WORK LIFE OR BALANCE

I have been working at Village Green full-time

Pros

Really can not say there are any reasons I enjoy working for Village Green

Cons

well where do I begin..... just say this to start - village green does not care about their employees in the least bit and you will notice that once your working for them within a matter on weeks.

Advice to Management

Treat your sales consultants and maintenance crew like you would like to be treated. The expectations of Village Green are out of the norm.... Seriously. Very Very Sales Driven and Quota based.... Honestly you will not find anyone in management that cares about any employee below them. Be expected to Do marketing, Sales meetings that are a joke. so glad I am about to give my notice and move on from Village Green

Just don't.

Former Employee - Property Manager
    Former Employee - Property Manager

I worked at Village Green full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation and benefits are good (although they always seem to have a reason as to why it's inconvenient for you to use your personal time off). They manage a number of high-quality properties, which provides for an aesthetically pleasing work environment. A mixed bag, but I worked with some mid-level employees and staff that were very competent and took pride in their job.

Cons

What can I say that other reviewers haven’t already said? There is a great deal of management ineptitude that seems to start at the top of the organization and trickle down into the regional level. Many of the more recent reviews that you can see on this website outline what I noted to be true as well: a backstabbing approach to managing personnel, and a consistent practice of scapegoating and blame-shifting.

Threats, coercion, and scare tactics are, increasingly, the primary management tools used within this organization. Employees are frequently threatened with write-ups over the most trivial of “offenses”. The company deliberately maintains heavy volumes of policies that are sporadically enforced. There is a multitude of absurd policies and regulations that are widely acknowledged to be irrelevant and unimportant, even by members of regional management—that is, until said managers need an avenue to blame you for their own failures. Overall, there is a decided absence of basic business sense and entrepreneurial spirit at the regional level, with regional VPs and area directors who are intellectually overwhelmed by the task at hand, and who attempt to mask and compensate for these deficiencies by bullying and intimidating middle managers and staff.

Advice to Management

My advice to management: A professional services firm that marginalizes and devalues its employees? Good luck with that.

My advice to prospective job-seekers: Look for employment elsewhere, with a company that has a better corporate culture and respect for its employees. If you do decide to take a job here, start looking for another job as soon as you start getting signals that you’re becoming a target.

8. Great.

I have been working at Village Green

Pros

Perfect place in company.

Cons

I have nothing to say is great.

Overworked, underpaid, can't wait to leave!

Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at Village Green full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not one thing I can think of that doesn't directly relate to a con.

Cons

Don't plan on taking your vacation unless you want to fall behind.
    Unless you are friends with you PM or AD don't except to be treated fairly.
    Sales mangers act like they run the place, bad attitudes and hostile work environment.
    401K match is a joke, only 25% of the first 3% matched.
    Bad managers and incompetence.
    Working off the clock if you expect to get everything done, won't pay overtime.

Advice to Management

Make sure your employees are compensated fairly for the work you expect.
    Actually hold people to fair housing standards as rules are definitely not followed.
    Don't discriminate due to age, all I hear is we want young employees.
    Training is redundant, no one actually follows it and if you do your manager gets mad.

No work life balance, skeleton crew staffing and unrealistic expectations, aggressive leadership styles.

I have been working at Village Green

Pros

Great people work for the company, pay is higher than the industry average, great training program and promotion from within.

Cons

Aggressive leadership styles, unrealistic expectations for minimal staffing. 9-12 hour work days for management. Slow paying of vendors.

Advice to Management

Consider your staffing requirements. It's clearly an issue when the same problems are surfacing at multiple properties. This job is great if you don't have a family or a life to go home to and the only thing that matters is the company.

Very tense place to work

I worked at Village Green

Pros

Pay was decent for the industry.

Cons

The owner is a bit of a megalomaniac, and is quite abusive to his employees. While I had no direct contact with him, he could often be heard screaming obscenities throughout the office, generally directed at one of the employees. It made for a "walking on eggshells" type of environment that trickled down from senior level all the way down to entry level employees.

Advice to Management

You will get better performance from employees who are not terrified.

RSS Feed </> Embed