Village Green Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.5
Jonathan Holtzman

Pros
  • Benefits, Flexible Hours, Fun People, Training, It is easy to move up within the company, great commission structure, easy but entertaining work (in 3 reviews)

• Great training, good benefits, higher pay than most property management companies (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is not very supportive and is very disorganized (in 5 reviews)

• Lack of communication throughout the company, especially at the site level (in 3 reviews)

1. Promotion Within

Pros

Absolutely love this company! I have already moved up within the 2 years that I have worked for them. They really do take the time to train and care for their employees. Everyone is very supportive and it makes you feel like one big family. Those who have posted negative comments about Village Green might have just been lazy (in my opinion). This company is about passion and dedication and if you don't have that, then you are cut out for the company. I am happy with my decision to join the team and don't regret it one bit!

Cons

Pay is decent. Wish it was more with all the work and effort given.

2. Okayest Employer

Current Employee - Senior Concierge
    Current Employee - Senior Concierge

I have been working at Village Green full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Meeting new and interesting from all over the world everyday.

Cons

Management isn't always up to par.

Advice to Management

Maintain open lines of communication between site employees and management and make sure employees are properly trained for their positions before receiving promotions or pay increases.

3. Great Company to learn and grow with

Pros

excellent training programs in place mixed with throwing you in and making you learn as you go. Great opportunities for advancement if you are a hard worker.

Cons

hours can be demanding at times and working weekends is never fun. But if you put in the time, it rewards you in the end.

Advice to Management

nothing at this time

Corporate Office

I worked at Village Green full-time

Pros

If working 60 hours a week and coming in hours early just so you can leave on time but still isn't good enough then this place is the place for you. They pay great but there's places out there where you can make just as much and deal with a lot less crazy.

Cons

Everything. If you are single no family this is the place for you. But once you have kids and need to be places other then there on demand you quickly find youself on the list. Insurance packages are so expensive. And huge deductibles.

Advice to Management

Be more flexible. Allow people to work from home. Make employees know they are valued. And be more understanding of families.

great place to work

Pros

great people working for this company ,good team work

Cons

I didn't have any cons

Advice to Management

keep up with listening to want employees want

Not impressed

I worked at Village Green full-time

Pros

the pay is great when you start

Cons

don't expect any pay increase. lots of secrets and unprofessional ways

Advice to Management

stay true to your word. Reward employees. Be honest

Run while you still have a chance!

I worked at Village Green full-time

Pros

You will learn where you draw the line between your work and personal life?

Cons

Run while you still can. Corporate office is vindictive and gossips and you don't even want to know about the inappropriate relationships between upper management and site staff! Regionals are stressed and overworked and take it out on their site staffs. The ownership of the company and a lot of the properties is a tyrant! If you able to avoid him at all costs! Don't believe the positive comments on this site- they make employees who are still drinking their Koolaid post positive remarks and reviews about their properties and will even offer gift cards to residents to do the same.

it's a paycheck

I have been working at Village Green full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Great cow-workers -higher than average pay -promotions from within are easily attainable -benefits are better than most

Cons

-Management (PM's and AD's) are strictly off-hands outside of their offices. completely out of touch with residents, employees, and the general state of the property. - Like with any corporate entity, if you don't have a friend in senior management, you will go nowhere. -Unrealistic expectations. not even remotely attainable -Residents consistently complain about managements out of touch style. - I wouldn't recommend working with Village Green long term, unless you wish to age prematurely.

Advice to Management

-Stop raising the rent every time the wind blows. - Value your employees

NO WORK LIFE OR BALANCE

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at Village Green full-time

Pros

Really can not say there are any reasons I enjoy working for Village Green

Cons

well where do I begin..... just say this to start - village green does not care about their employees in the least bit and you will notice that once your working for them within a matter on weeks.

Advice to Management

Treat your sales consultants and maintenance crew like you would like to be treated. The expectations of Village Green are out of the norm.... Seriously. Very Very Sales Driven and Quota based.... Honestly you will not find anyone in management that cares about any employee below them. Be expected to Do marketing, Sales meetings that are a joke. so glad I am about to give my notice and move on from Village Green

Just don't.

Former Employee - Property Manager
    Former Employee - Property Manager

I worked at Village Green full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation and benefits are good (although they always seem to have a reason as to why it's inconvenient for you to use your personal time off). They manage a number of high-quality properties, which provides for an aesthetically pleasing work environment. A mixed bag, but I worked with some mid-level employees and staff that were very competent and took pride in their job.

Cons

What can I say that other reviewers haven’t already said? There is a great deal of management ineptitude that seems to start at the top of the organization and trickle down into the regional level. Many of the more recent reviews that you can see on this website outline what I noted to be true as well: a backstabbing approach to managing personnel, and a consistent practice of scapegoating and blame-shifting. Threats, coercion, and scare tactics are, increasingly, the primary management tools used within this organization. Employees are frequently threatened with write-ups over the most trivial of “offenses”. The company deliberately maintains heavy volumes of policies that are sporadically enforced. There is a multitude of absurd policies and regulations that are widely acknowledged to be irrelevant and unimportant, even by members of regional management—that is, until said managers need an avenue to blame you for their own failures. Overall, there is a decided absence of basic business sense and entrepreneurial spirit at the regional level, with regional VPs and area directors who are intellectually overwhelmed by the task at hand, and who attempt to mask and compensate for these deficiencies by bullying and intimidating middle managers and staff.

Advice to Management

My advice to management: A professional services firm that marginalizes and devalues its employees? Good luck with that. My advice to prospective job-seekers: Look for employment elsewhere, with a company that has a better corporate culture and respect for its employees. If you do decide to take a job here, start looking for another job as soon as you start getting signals that you’re becoming a target.

RSS Feed </> Embed