Vinnell Arabia Reviews

7 reviews filtered by
3.5
Abdul Aziz Al Qassim

1. They gave me a job when I needed one

Current Employee - A26 in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
    Current Employee - A26 in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

I have been working at Vinnell Arabia

Pros

It's a paycheck when jobs in the states are hard to come by.

Cons

If you are not a retired field grade, you are not a valued asset. This is a place for those who cannot transition to civilian life after retirement. The collective values of members (adultery, excessive drinking, etc. ) is astonishing.

Realize that you do not need to have been a field grade officer to have managerial value.

2. it was the best

Current Employee - Technical Editor Chief in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
    Current Employee - Technical Editor Chief in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

I have been working at Vinnell Arabia full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

i like the enviroment and the team work

Cons

pressure and working under time limit

to share manegment with the staff

3. Good Experience but should be shorter

I have been working at Vinnell Arabia full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Practice English with native Americans

Cons

Two years is max. you shold stay there because there will be no promotion ever.

Please retire and let the new younger managers take control

Working for Vinnell Arabia

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

I have been working at Vinnell Arabia full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is my second time working on this contract for this company. It was much better when i worked here before. The only god thing i can think of is my fellow employees are a pretty close bunch..... Also, Vinnell has a fast hiring to deployment time.

Cons

When i worked here before (2004) we lived on the ROC compound. The company has moved us back to camp vinnell. Which is the same compound that was bombed in 2003. The security has not been upgraded at all . I'm sure the local terrorist cell is just waiting for the right time to launch another attack again. The checkpoints are manned by SANG (Saudi Arabian National Guard),the very SANG that that had a hand in the 2003 bombing... As you drive past many checkpoints you will see the SANG soldiers sleeping instead of manning their weapons. We live in two man apartments that are smaller then most barracks i've lived in when i was in the army. This is an example of how small these rooms are. The showers are so small i barely have room to turn around without drenching my bathroom floor!!! We are the one of the only western compounds in the kingdom that cannot have visitors spend the night. When this subject was brought up at our town hall meetings, our DOT (Director of training) said " if we don't like it we can go home"!!! There have been many cases of people arriving here on contract on Saturday and once they see the living conditions here they leave the next Monday !!! This is another example of how this company is managed. When you deploy out to the desert to train SANG, you have to BUY your own ice to keep your food and drinks cold !!! The upper management is very big on saving money. Not for the better of the company, but so that they get their yearly bonuses. In 2003 there was no problem getting overtime, but that has now changed. I'll give you an example. When you go out in the desert to train SANG, you only get paid while their training. When they stop training , your off the clock. Even though you spend the night out there with them. In fact the managers don't even live on the same compound as the rest of the Vinnell employees. They are many more issues i could bring up, but it would just seem like i'm ranting. But if i'm ranting why is it when you walk by so many Vinnell Arabia employees desks you see them looking for other jobs with other companies...... Lastly, i want to address the salary. Your typical Vinnell Arabia employee receives. Vinnell Arabai is the lowest paid contractors in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Your average salary is $ 50,000.00 to $ 55,000.00 and it's taxed !!! I know that i chose to come back here, but rest assured when my contract is up i will not be recontracting with Vinnell Arabia....

Stop worrying about the bonuses you get for saving the company money and start caring about the people who work for you.....

From my experience of the company. There is a suitable environment for career development and practical with learning ne

Former Employee - Supervisor in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

I worked at Vinnell Arabia full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work to this company helps to refine your skills and scientific process by working with the Department of Professional Regulations in accordance with well thought out

Cons

Of the negatives (which are very few) the length of working hours per day, amounting to ten hours in addition to the time of arrival and departure to the house and up to more than an hour a day. Eleven hours a day is very, very long time.

My advice to senior management: re-examine the status of Saudi employees of the company and the problem of loss of staff and from my point of view the problem lies in the following:
     1 - where job security working Anacod company's annual and this is not uncommon locally.
     2 - long working hours and up to 10 hours + time of arrival and departure from home
     3 - Salary Survey and comparing similar companies inside and outside Saudi Arabia
     4 - review of subsistence allowance and transportation provided by the company to the Saudi employees so that it divides into allowance and housing allowance

7. My work experience at Vinnell Arabia was very good

Current Employee - Senior Trainer
    Current Employee - Senior Trainer

I have been working at Vinnell Arabia

Pros

Time of if required. Will consider employee grips if legimate.

Cons

Some senior managers are micro managers

Lower status nedd better vehicles to ride back and forth to work.

Quality of Life

Current Employee - Principal Trainer in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
    Current Employee - Principal Trainer in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

I have been working at Vinnell Arabia

Pros

A very nice insurance package for self and family. Life, health, dental, vision, LTD. The accomodations are nice. 2 and 3 bedroom villas, kitchen, laundry livingroom. Individual bathrooms. Pool, restaurant, bar, gym and bowling alley. No hard work at all. A very easy paycheck, other than you are away from your family.

Cons

Horrible internet service. Intermitent and very slow. Management has no intention of upgrading. This is a problem because this is your link to the rest of the world. Magicjack/skype so you can talk to family. webcam and so on. You can go days without internet service and no response to get it fixed.
    It is like the movie "Groundhog Day" here. Everyday blends into the next. Boredom factor is high.

Act on the suggestions from the employee reps at the council meetings. More meal variety,internet, visitation restraints. It is the quality of life issues that cause people to leave, not the pay.