Vintage Senior Living Reviews

Reset
2.6
Brian Flornes and Eric Davidson

sales

I worked at Vintage Senior Living (More than a year)

Pros

small company residents are wonderful and they do try to accommodate residents needs at all times

Cons

favoritism at the top mgmt

Advice to Management

appreciate line staff more and build a team atmosphere

2. Beware of the Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Simi, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Simi, CA

Pros

Staff and Residents are the most wonderful, caring and appreciative people I have ever met. To be able to assist the residents with their needs is very rewarding.

Cons

Certain members of the management are very unorganized, unprofessional, and uncompassionate. Money driven priorities, under payed and overworked employees created an environment of undelivered promises to the residents and unachievable goals for the employees. I have seen some great employees leave because of the management.

Advice to Management

You are in the Senior Care business. Learn to care! Appreciate your staff with higher wages and professional leadership in your communities. Examine your Executive Directors.

3. Some good, some bad . . . corporate needs help

Pros

The executive directors seem to care about the seniors in their communities and, from my experience, walk the talk. The corporate office has an open-door policy and seems to be a pretty "flat" organization (non-hierarchical).

Cons

Corporate doesn't respect some of those they hire and provides very little direction in terms of job responsibilities. I know of at least 3 corporate employees who were brought on board with all pomp and circumstance and then VERY suddenly and crudely laid off before they had even had an opportunity to contribute. And simply because senior management "changed their minds."

Advice to Management

Please carefully decide what positions you need and why, carefully select the best candidate(s), and then give them an opportunity to learn their jobs and contribute instead of just kicking them to the curb. Be transparent and respectful of others in all of your business dealings and be mindful of the need for clear and consistent communication.

5. Friendly work environment.

Current Employee - Activities Director
    Current Employee - Activities Director

I have been working at Vintage Senior Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere and fun place to work. Corporate is available to help and an easy phone call away. Bonus and retirement match available.

Cons

Demanding and can get burnt out with work load if not careful.

6. the most dangerous and bad experience

Former Employee - Caregiver in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Caregiver in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Vintage Senior Living full-time

Pros

REsidents are very Loving... They care the workers and none most you experience gossips and most need to watch and protect your back if you work here unless management was change and rules and regulation change.

Cons

Some co worker are greedy, very unprofessional, deceiving supervisor but she resigned last Apr. of 2015 dangerous people

Advice to Management

Be real and take care of your good employee or else you will loose all the good employee

7. A wonderful learning experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

I worked at Vintage Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Vintage does try to work with the employees. I have always felt that they were going with the motto of "Happy employees, happy residents". They provide benefits, including PTO and insurance. The ED even had an emergency fund for employees to help keep the stress down about unexpected emergencies that arose. On a personal note, I had a personal issue that was going to affect my work, when I went in to speak to her about it, she gave me full support and did everything in her power to assist me in getting out of a dangerous situation. That will always stick in my mind.

Cons

Sometimes management could be a little blind, but that happens in most companies.

Advice to Management

You're great. Keep up with happy employees, and you'll have happy residents.

8. Decent place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

I worked at Vintage Senior Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice schedule, steady hours. Benefit package was excellent. There seemed to be a genuine want to provide the best care possible to residents.

Cons

impersonal corporate polices on hiring and management. Testing was more important then skills and personality. Became intrusive, and very dehumanizing. Some staff is required to run a 4 on 2 off schedule, and it can get frustrating to have strange days off, less days some schedules.

Advice to Management

Consistency is important, treat your staff well and they will do the same for you

The best part about working for Vintage is the the relationships you develop with the residents.

I have been working at Vintage Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work here is if you have a love for seniors and passionate about making the last few years of their lives memorable ones.

Cons

There is no growth, the pay is terrible and turnover is very high. Many of the caregivers are there primarily for the paycheck. Another problem is many do not speak english.

Advice to Management

They should be more involved in what goes on in the community on a daily basis and get to know the residents better.

It has not been a very rewarding experience.

Pros

convenient. plenty of employee parking. good food.

Cons

communication and lack of training.

Advice to Management

redirect the culture of the company.

11. My job is constantly changing and its always a pleasure to come to work.

Pros

My job is constantly changing and its always a pleasure to come to work.

Cons

Its hard to turn off because Im so connected to my residents and families.

RSS Feed </> Embed