Viox Reviews

Mike Viox

Growing Company

Current Employee - Site Manager
    Current Employee - Site Manager

I have been working at Viox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company is always growing and the HR department has been a great help in my career there.

Cons

Training is very distant and at times you may fill like you are unattended at times .
    Benefits: They are like most that I have seen cost to the employee is on the high side single and family plans and most of the crew that works for me opts out because they can't afford the premiums and they say that the coverage keeps getting less.
    Compensation: they are average but like most will offer low in the beginning.
    Personal Growth: Sites may require very long travels and if you want to move up they will tell you that they have other opportunities but it's in another state or several states away and would require you to move at your expense.

More hands on in the first 30 day's are recommend to make sure that everyone has a full understanding of your operations and what will be expected of them in their new job.
    Compensation:Better starting pay.

Benefits: Looking at some of the employee's that work for the company out on sites that make barley over minimum wage they can't afford the high premiums for even the lowest plan. This should concern any company that want's long term employee's.

2. A family owned and operated business You are either family or you're not.

I worked at Viox full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I truly enjoyed the work and my assignments. Challenging, interesting, technical and mechanical, always room to learn more. Felt rewarded and appreciated. Pay was good, benefits also good by today's standards.

Cons

Firing came as a total shock. Everything was going great. Raises, reviews, and communications all positive. No issues or hints of being let go. Nothing leading to a firing - no written or verbal warnings. When I asked why, I was told simply, because they could and owed no explanation. They undoubtedly payed unemployment, but nobody wants or expects to be let go suddenly for no reason.
    Rather unprofessional and disorganized.

I knew my manager and nobody beyond that level. When they let me go they had a total stranger do the deed. I had no idea who this person was. I believe this news should have come from my manager. I felt like he lacked the courage to do it himself. Dissappointed. I thought we new each other well enough to have this discussion face to face. I understand that a business is a business and they did what they had to. I do not respect the shadiness in which it was handled.

Edit. Noted we were asked to rank CEO later in review. Difficult to rank someone you have never heard/seen/are aware of their existence. As previously mentioned, I knew no one above my immediate supervisor.

3. OK company. Not much opportunity for advancement

Current Employee - Facilities in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Facilities in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Viox full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you're liked by management, you will not get laid off. They're pretty good at finding you work and getting you 40 hrs/wk

Cons

The pay is kind of embarassing. Raises are nothing to get excited about. Unless you have a degree and moving into corporate, don't expect the big bucks.

Just because someone has one complaint on them, dont throw them under the bus at their review.

Worst Company Ever

Current Employee - Mobile Mechanic in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Mobile Mechanic in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Viox

Pros

There aren't any I can think of.

Cons

Do not work for this company. No room for advancement. No pay raises past 2% of base pay per year.
    Your vehicle is tracked. If your tools break they will not buy you new ones.
    No sick time whatsoever. Only 5 days vacation unless you are there more than 3 years. Then they only give you 10 days after that. The pay is 40% less than other companies pay.

Get new management.....

6. The mgrs. and supervisors don't care about their employees and are not pro-active to stop bullying amongst employees.

Former Employee - Dock to Dock Delivery Driver/Shipping in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Dock to Dock Delivery Driver/Shipping in Akron, OH

I worked at Viox full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The only thing good was that we were a union shop trying to get fairness to all employees.

Cons

The managers and supervisors didn't communicate enough to know who said or was doing what.

Get more involved in what is taking place under your noses,listen and watch all employees,not just who you want to get rid of.

Worked there for over a decade.

I worked at Viox full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Working in the Field is much more flexible and manageres are more personable.

Cons

No room for dvancement. Hard working employees are overworked, underpaid and under-appreciated, while slackers seem to rise quickly in the ranks

Recognize the value of the people in the trenches. They are your bread and butter.

Nice job but no advancement

Former Employee - Mobile Mechanic in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Mobile Mechanic in Austin, TX

I worked at Viox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company work vehicle so you benifit by not driving your on car/truck all the time.

Cons

Always asked to do more until you burn out. No extra pay or benifits even after you exceed expected goals.

Pay needs to be more compeitive. Job market might be tight, but other jobs on the market pay better for the same work. The main reason I decided to leave was that other companys offered me 3 to 4 dollars more per hour. I would have stayed and been happy with just a 2 dollar raise. Now Viox loses a experienced tech and I have to start from scratch but my income is much better.