Viralheat

Updated November 3, 2014
4.9

Viralheat Chief Executive Officer Jeff Revoy
Jeff Revoy

It starts with great leadership

I have been working at Viralheat (less than an year)

Pros

CEO who motivates and leads with integrity. The environment allows you to contribute on many levels and if you are a true "start up" person, you will thrive. Work - Life balance is promoted and respected and while the culture is very no nonsense, there is also a fun vibe throughout the office. The engineers are very much a part of the team atmosphere (unlike other technology start ups I have worked for) and happy to answer questions and help us non-technical people when needed.The Viralheat solution is very intuitive, innovative and revolutionizes social media marketing.

Cons

Everything I love about a start up can also be some of the things that I also find challenging. Wearing too many hats and not having enough time in the day combined with not having some of the key positions filled can create some inconsistencies but that is to be expected with a start up. When you have the right people at the top, as Viralheat does, such challenges work themselves out

Continue to create a work environment that fosters positive reinforcement and support for all employees and most importantly, remember the golden rule.

Simply the best

I have been working at Viralheat full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They really listen to the Engineering team. Everyone is invited to participate in the planning.
    Continous innovation is incouraged and there is no fear of trying something new everytime.
    Plus, most of the people is under 40, so pub hangouts, company events and so on are usual. Fun is guaranteed.

Cons

Incredibly moving fast. It's easy to get lost in the great

Carry on this way!

A rare employer: great product, leadership who cares about their people

Current Employee - Customer Specialist
    Current Employee - Customer Specialist

I have been working at Viralheat full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Viralheat isn't the flashiest Silicon Valley startup, but in a lot of ways, that's a good thing. Everyone there has been terrific to me, and I've never experienced a healthier working environment. I work remotely for now, and I was really pleased with how they made an emphasis on flying me out and getting me integrated into the company's culture. I feel like I have been put in the best position to succeed, and expectations are extremely reasonable. The Viralheat platform is a great product, too. Engineering really cares about making the product as good as possible, and they try to be innovators in the field.

Cons

Any cons I could chalk up to just being a startup. My responsibilities have shifted around a couple of times, leading me to do some work that wasn't eventually necessary. That's really it though.

Strong leadership, good strategy, customer focused

Current Employee - Product Development in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Product Development in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Viralheat full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've been with the company a few years, and it's really taken an extremely positive step in the last 12 months.
    The co-founders brought in an experienced CEO, and he has really grown and scaled the company. We are signing big name customers, the product is evolving, and overall the culture/environment is extremely fun.

Cons

It's still hard work, as with any earlier/mid stage software company. They try and balance it with a fun environment, and a recognition of the hard work form everyone in the team. Overall, there aren't really any major complaints.

Continue to be transparent about the strategy, business, etc. Always good to do more company team building event.

Best startup to work !

I have been working at Viralheat full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It has been an amazing experience to work with the Viralheat team. The opportunities to learn, grow and innovate are enormous with the company. Working with the team brings out the best abilities in you and enables mutual growth. Everyday is a new learning experience.
    If you are willing to learn and contribute, I would recommend you to come and join us @Viralheat.

Cons

The current office is a bit far away from the caltrain station but I am sure it can be worked out.

Keep up the good work !

A fast moving startup!

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Viralheat full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ability to learn and grow with your role. You feel like you're really making an impact on the performance of the company. Great coworkers who are very fun to talk to. You can really expand your skill set with a company that encourages new ideas and creativity.

Cons

Start-up environment requires you to wear many hats and take on various responsibilities across departments. If you lack time management skills or the ability to be a utility player it can be difficult to manage.

More company outings :-)

The experiences I have so far at Viralheat have been positive, fast paced, and enjoying the enriched company culture.

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Viralheat full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is the first job that when I wake up on Monday I am happy driving to work and getting the day started. Once in the office you can play a game of foosball or jump on a quick game of Nintendo Wii. Head over to the overflowing pantry and help yourself to snacks, coffee, breakfast, or juices. My desk is my sanctuary where I can store and hang up my knick-knacks and pictures. The perks and benefits are very generous as well as the work-life balance. I enjoy working with this team!

Cons

If you are someone coming from a corporate setting looking for a traditional 9-5 this might not be the best fit. You will not have much hand holding and your day-to-day schedule is up to you to figure out what to do. I thrive in this kind of environment, but if you need a set schedule everyday this will be very challenging.

It would be great to have more company sponsored events would be great.

Everyone is hoping for a sleeping pod.. A keg in the kitchen wouldn't hurt neither... ;D

Great team, challenging startup environment!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Viralheat full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Big growth potential. The company is young and there is a lot of room for growth in each department. The market opportunity is big and it is a talented team so the sky is the limit. The team is really accommodating in regards to working from home. Communication across the organization is very good and the work environment fosters a team spirit. There are some fun things like activities, catered lunches and company outings.

Cons

Not the biggest fan of the open floor office environment, as I'm easily distracted, but it is a luxury problem to most. Commuting is easy by car, but not ideal otherwise although there is a shuttle service.

Great place to work

I have been working at Viralheat full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It has a very open layout and you can talk to anyone. Everyone is very friendly and they all work in unison to achieve the companies vision. The engineering culture is pretty fast paced with new versions going out every two weeks. Another great aspect is their focus on Big Data. Team members work on problems that are hard to say the least. Storing, analyzing, and display data in a meaningful way creates tons of challenges.

Cons

They could use more healthy snacks in their break room. However, the snacks they have are good.

The best place to work so far

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Viralheat full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I joined Viralheat more than two years ago and it has been a great place to work.

Strong engineering culture encourages continous innovation for the Viralheat's solutions.

If you like taking responsibility and ownership for your actions, then you will be happy at Viralheat too.

Cons

While Viralheat offers a high quality Social Media Solutions, I feel that it needs to build stronger brand awareness, so it will become a more recognizable name in the world of social media.

Preserve the startup culture while scaling the company.