Virco Mfg.

Robert A. Virtue

Sales Representative

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Virco Mfg. full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

One of the very best companies I have ever worked for. I was there 8 years and left for personnel reasons. I have been gone for over 10 years and many of the people I worked with are still with the company. That says so much. I bled blue when I worked for them and I do still. It was not just a job, it was family. Loved my bosses, loved my customers and believed in my product.

Cons

In furniture manufacture, especially when dealing with schools, the logistics of manufacture and delivery can be difficult at best. It is easy to say they should have, they could have. They do the best they can.

Keep treating your people well. Keep putting your customer first. I am proud to say that i worked for you.

insanity defined- doing the same thing over again.......

I have been working at Virco Mfg.

Pros

You get to talk about how great it used to be.

Cons

No career path at all. Poor management, elitist attitudes. Managers not held accountable for anything and then blame subordinates for their own falling.
    This company epitomizes "well this is the way we have always done it". Review your own history.

Retire. The only sales people that actually accomplish are the reps- their mangers are worthless. Plus if a customer buys something from the company: you really should be able to tell them when they can expect to receive their furniture and no quick ship doesn't work.

Never expect to sit still

I worked at Virco Mfg.

Pros

The company is known for paying fairly well.

Cons

No communication or trust between management & employees.

a great company to work for before they stop production

Former Employee - Technical Machine Operator in Conway, AR
    Former Employee - Technical Machine Operator in Conway, AR

I worked at Virco Mfg. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Its was the best job in the world especially for people that go to work with great intention for quality and production.

Cons

But the challenge was to have in mind to work several different types of machine to be versatile within the company in order to keep a deceit pay check at the end of the week.

shouldn't never stop production, because you gave those who work hard the opportunity to get a deceit living and or benefit in life to stay ahead. (BILLS)

This was a great overall experience.

I have been working at Virco Mfg.

Pros

The New Product Development staff at Conway is a great group of guys that are fun to work with and help you learn.

Cons

The internship was a little bit shorter than most so I didn't get to do everything I wanted to.

None.