Virent Reviews

Updated October 7, 2014
4.6

Lee Edwards
1 Rating

Rewarding work and I like the people I work with even more!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I have been working at Virent full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Virent has an employee friendly work environment, a nice sense of community and a compelling business strategy which makes working at Virent easy. The work consistently evolves which creates new opportunities to grow my career. Very competitive benefits, especially for a startup. Extra incentives such stock options and a bonus program for all employees results in a competitive total compensation package.

Cons

Working in any startup company can require a high level of energy and commitment day in and day out which can impact work-life balance. That is to be expected in any startup environment.

Senior Management puts a nice effort into keeping employees informed and connected to the business strategy. I strongly encourage the Executive Team to continue placing communication at the top of the priority list!

Chemical Engineering Coop

Former Employee - Chemical Engineer Coop in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Chemical Engineer Coop in Madison, WI

I worked at Virent as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Given a lot of responsibility, treated like any other engineer. Forced to learn the chemical processes and chemistry quickly. A great team environment fosters individual growth as well. Constant communication within and between departments allows you to polish technical communication skills.

Cons

None really to note, it was a really positive atmosphere with a lot of really smart people.

N/A