Virgin America

Virgin America Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Virgin America CEO C. David Cush

C. David Cush

Pros
  • The flight benefits are great and we stay in some pretty great layover hotels(in 11 reviews)

• Great brand to be a part of in terms of recognition as a disruptive force in an otherwise mundane industry(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Still need some work on consistency of applying work rules(in 5 reviews)

• They don't consider work-life balance and will stretch the law of "legality" when it comes to length of work day, etc(in 3 reviews)

Upstart mentality, growing in to a full fledged airline

In-flight Team Member (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThrough the 6 years I have worked here, I have moved up the ladder on a few occasions. Opportunities do come up and there is plenty of potential to build a career here.
    Fun environment
    Pilots and FA's work together

Conslittle flexibility with swapping and dropping trips.
    pay could be better, although it is constantly improving
    work rules could be more consistent.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate an internal third party by voting to create a check and balance system to bridge management and crews.

Awesome!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAwesome culture and encouraging teammates.

ConsNot a lot of room for career growth.

Best place I've ever worked

Manager (Current Employee) Burlingame, CA

ProsVirgin America is fun, vibrant, and energetic. The leaders of the company allow you to be creative in solving problems. The people who work at the company are great. The group is passionate about the company mission and each person is vital in achieving those goals.

ConsThe company is rapidly growing. Wish some of the benefits could be a little more robust and creative (more vacation days to take advantage of the flight benefits, on-site child care, etc.).

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

In-flight team member

In-flight Team Member (Current Employee) Burlingame, CA

ProsCulture
    benefits
    interview was fun
    people are energetic and fun

Conspay is very low, especially for your first couple years
    reserve for 2 years. if you can't handle being on call 24/7, you may want to reconsider this career.

Best Airline, Best Company

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Burlingame, CA

ProsGreat staff and culture- amazing travel benefits! A lot of fun to be at during such tremendous growth- including staff, airplanes, cities etc.

ConsSalaries and "perks" are not as generous as many Bay Area start ups. There is not on site catering or shuttles to the offices from San Francisco.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing!

Being new to the airline industry and working for such a well-liked airline, has truly been an honor.

Guest Services Teammate (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe employees and the guests are very friendly and have very interesting stories to share. Working there has helped me learn how to handle different types of people and situations. I feel like I am a more patient person.

ConsHaving to give our guests any bad news such as letting them know that they have missed their flight and there isn't one until the next day, is a real drag.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only thing I can say is to always have an open ear for your employees.

Great Place to work

Guest Services Teammate (Current Employee) Dulles, VA

ProsFree Flights, Great people, & Very Diverse.

ConsGetting to big now. Was a small company who knew their employees.

An excellent company to work for.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsAn excellent company to work for. Generous benefits and plenty of room for advancement.

ConsIn a large corporation like this you may sometimes feel like a little fish in a small pond.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Love working for Virgin!

GST (Current Employee)

ProsFun place to work and the company cares about its employees and it's customers. They like "being Virgin" and love to do things in a new funky way and challenge the airline status quo. Great flight benefits!

ConsPay could be higher. Also, since the airline is newer there aren't as many cities from which to choose. It is a West Coast based airline so employees living on the East Coast miss out on a lot.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management cares about what happens in the different cities but I think they need to keep better tabs on what is going on when they are not there.

Best experience of my life.

Marketing - Anonymous (Former Employee) Burlingame, CA

ProsI had two unique job roles at VX and had an opportunity to get my hands dirty on a lot of projects and open myself up to a plethora of new opportunities. I had the opportunity to access experiences no one else would. It is a company that is growing and has so much potential, and the people are what also makes it a great place to work.

ConsThe reason I left was growth. I could not go above where I was positioned at the time and I really needed more money and growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more promotions and increased salaries.

Worked for Virgin America? Contribute to the Community!