Virginia Transformer Corp.

2.8

Prabhat Jain

Current Employee/Former Employee

I have been working at Virginia Transformer Corp. full-time

Pros

I am a former employee who recently came back & I came back for a few reasons. First, to be a part of a growing international business. The Company has consistently grown at a rate greater than 20% annually. Operations have recently expanded with the opening of a new, additional manufacturing facility. The organization has positioned itself strategically in numerous markets globally providing continual, new business opportunities. Secondly, job security and to be challenged professionally. Due to the robust growth, employees at VTC have no worry of layoffs, downsizings or closings/relocations. And, for those type of people, who desire a challenge, set high goals and aren’t afraid of the hard work needed to meet and exceed those high expectations, VTC provides that type of atmosphere with a highly talented, diverse, results driven group of people. Lastly, would be those people and I wanted to reestablish those working relationships with them. VTC is very fortunate to have so many dedicated, dependable, whatever it takes to get the job done employees and I feel very fortunate to be a part of them again.

Cons

In pursuit of achievement of those goals and to meet that growth, there will be growing pains and the parking is one. Due to the large number of increased staff members and manufacturing associates, parking is definitely at a premium.

Build upon the current momentum of increasing the employee morale initiative by continuing the work needed to keep improving the work environment and increasing employee satisfaction.

Employees are only a number and have no job security

I worked at Virginia Transformer Corp.

Pros

The employees are great to work with, however; turnover is so high that it's unlikely that you'll work with the same people for very long. People are literally fired on a daily basis for no reason other than the fact that they can import Indian workers from their other location and pay them pennies on the dollar to work 14 hours days.

Cons

There is no work-life balance, no job security, benefits are lacking, and employee morale is non-existent. The good reviews that you see online are posted by the HR Manager so don't be fooled. This place has a terrible reputation and is considered one of the worst employers in the Roanoke Valley.

Treat your employees with respect and value the significant contributions that they make each day.

If you want to be happy, don't work there!!

I worked at Virginia Transformer Corp. (more than 3 years)

Pros

Any pros that there may be......are gone as soon as you walk in the door.

Cons

To be honest, so many cons. A lot of discrimination going on there..... A lot of shady stuff..... see for yourself.

Run!!!

It is hard to believe this company still has customers.

I have been working at Virginia Transformer Corp. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As with every place of employment, you can find pockets of good people with good intentions and decent skills. Be sure to be a self-starter and don't expect much training.

Cons

CULTURE SHOCK. Be a man or you won't get paid your worth. Management style is very cut-throat. If you want to stay employed, do not have an opinion that differs from the boss.

Take a look in the mirror. Do you like what you see? Can you even sleep at night knowing what you know?

Give it a Shot!

I have been working at Virginia Transformer Corp. full-time

Pros

Company expending considerable effort to improve employee morale thru coaching, outside training and new equipment. Plant areas have really had a lot of improvement and expansion. High goals are set and are readily being achieved. No wonder the company has been growing nearly 20 % the last few years. Very diverse, culturally rich environment.

Cons

High goal atmosphere can be oppressive for some when occasional miss overshadows all of the successes.

Continue to improve our work environment. Recognize or emphasize employee success more than our occasional misses.

OK

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Virginia Transformer Corp. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Job security is good. Cafteria is decent. Career start is not bad. Business is growing and company is doing well financially

Cons

Culture is absolute worst. Pointing fingers, blaming each other are day to day.
    One man show.
    Management is poor and treat employees bad
    Cheap

Please treat your employees well

Application Engineer

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Virginia Transformer Corp. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

May be a good to work for first few years but not more than that.

Cons

No reason to work here.Super Micro management and credit only to people staying late.If you smart , dont come.

Start trusting people and let them perform and excel.

You WORK for them and they make 1000% sure that you understand they don't care what your life holds

I have been working at Virginia Transformer Corp. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Other then you receiving a paycheck for enduring their abuse nothing to speak of.

Cons

The main challenge is the expected hours that are not consistent or defined. No departmental or interdepartmental communication. NO !!!! NO RESPECT from management. The product produced is in my opinion that of a low end mass produced pizza. They are all different but, are still by all make up the same. The level of craftsmanship is that of a kindergartener with an etch a sketch.

Increase your employee's pay to a fair wage for the job done. Lift the moral and slow down production so that product can be built correctly.

very bad culture and work experience

Former Employee - Engineering
    Former Employee - Engineering

I worked at Virginia Transformer Corp. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

no pros. only cons.

Cons

work culture is very bad. management has no vision.
    employee satisfaction is nil.

need to change their outlook towards employees.

The way I see it.

I have been working at Virginia Transformer Corp. full-time

Pros

I have worked for VT for several months and agree that working for VT is not utopia but instead of airing my dirty laundry and personal opinion on Glassdoor I try to remember that it is a job that I get paid to do for a company that has been and continues to be very successful. Personally job security with a company that is experiencing 20 -25% annual growth and is debt free must be doing many things right. Sure my opinion of the way I do my job and the companies may not always be the same but it is my responsibility to seek common ground when I can, accept the principals that the company and its owner adhere to and give VT my best efforts. If the job and company are not for me then I should move on and allow others who will fit it with VT to get that opportunity without criticizing the company on a public forum and possibly influencing other that would flourish in our environment. I have been in most areas of the facility and have not seen the whips, chains or slave conditions that others have mentioned.

Cons

Due to growth of VT infrastructure is behind, hard to find a parking place sometimes, break room needs to be improved and maybe better parking lot lighting.