Virool Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
5.0
Alexander Debelov

1. Exciting, fun and fast-paced!

I have been working at Virool full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is never a dull moment at Virool. In my first 6 months of joining Virool I have been constantly challenged on several levels to think outside the box, try new approaches and discover new solutions. The positive culture and ability to research, learn and solve (as opposed to work just being delegated) starts with our strong management team and radiates throughout the whole company. Additionally, we do a lot of fun team building activities and the view from the office isn't bad either :)

Cons

It's a fast-paced environment where you will be challenged to push your own limits. If you're not up for it this is probably not the best place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the strong culture and maintain the clear company vision as we continue to grow. These are essential and can easily get lost in rapid growth. Great job so far!

2. Fantastic Place to Work

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Virool (Less than a year)

Pros

True silicon valley, YC startup One of the fastest growing ad-tech companies Opportunity to work with exceptionally smart, driven, great people Junior employees given real responsibility and opportunity to grow and progress quickly

Cons

Typical growing pains of a small company, so people sometimes need to grind and put the extra work in to achieve goals, however this isn't really a con if you're ambitious and want to succeed

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

3. The Best Professional Experience Thus Far

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Virool full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I come from a different industry, but at Virool I became quickly immersed in the world of online video advertising. I really enjoy working with passionate people on the daily basis and team that thinks BIG. Honestly, I wouldn’t trade experience here for anything else. I like all of the corporate events and team bonding activities we’ve done. We’ve had a team retreat in Tahoe, done zip lining and Tough Mudder together. All of these experiences brought us closer as a team.

Cons

You are expected to give 110% every day. This can be tough when personal issues arise.

Advice to Management

Layout a career plan for new/junior employees.

We're on a rocket ship to space, and we all get to put our hands on the steering wheel !

I have been working at Virool full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We have fun together in and out of the office, and we work late because we want to. Everyone can communicate unfiltered opinions and be listened to. Sometimes I suggest changes to product or other areas outside my role, and if people agree, we implement immediately. Our sales are growing fast, we've fixed a lot of the issues with not having enough process, we're hiring in all the right areas to tackle our biggest obstacles. People here rock, I seriously love this team. Genuinely good people with a lot of talent. We care about each other, our clients, our work, and we know how to have fun. You are recognized for your efforts and successes, and coached well through failures. We've started to take coaching and professional development a lot more seriously and it's paying off.

Cons

I'm really sore from last night's company event at House of Air playing trampoline dodgeball, and I lost my ID at our boat party the week before.

Advice to Management

Keep a strong focus on building a scalable culture.

6. Virool – One of the Fastest Growing Companies in Silicon Valley!

I have been working at Virool full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been extremely fortunate to have an opportunity to work at Virool. This is definitely one of the fastest growing startups in Silicon Valley and our family is growing by 2-3 Viroolians a week. Given this rapid rate of growth, the founders have done a great job at making everyone feel like they are part of one family. The culture is very transparent, honest and ethical. I do feel like the management wants me to grow and give my best work on the daily basis. It's been a dream come true to work at Virool at this stage. If you've seen "The Social Network", in some ways it reminds me of that.

Cons

There are a lot of changes happening: process, job responsibilities, on the sales side (quota, territory, etc.), product and others. It's frustrating at times to have to keep adjusting to these rapid changes, but I guess that's part of the journey. If you are the kind of person that likes a ton of structure and doesn't like flexibility in their role, this may not be the right fit. Things are changing constantly here and I know at times this could rub some people in the wrong way.

Advice to Management

Spend more time laying out a vision, putting together a plan for 12-24 months and try to stick to that plan. Communicate direction and vision more effectively.

7. INNOVATIVE AND NIMBLE COMPANY

I have been working at Virool full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Virool is an amazing company in a sexy space that has a lot of potential for growth. Because the company is so young there is a lot of room to wear multiple hats and grow your career! -Great Compensation -Family Atmosphere -amazing people -young team -innovative -the company gives purpose -HR is always looking to help and improve -Penthouse office with an amazing view and modern up to date feel -Great office tools. They provide you with the tools you need! -Free lunches

Cons

-long hours but it is all worth it because we have the one team one goal mentality

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees

8. Fantastic Company That's Going places

I have been working at Virool full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast pace culture Fun and productive work environment Smart team members Young and passionate people Working with really cool clients The Gym is AWESOME!

Cons

Work/life balance - we tend to work a lot Rapid product changes - we roll out new things a lot and sometimes reps need additional training Structure - the company structure seems to change

Advice to Management

Instill more processes and create more structure for the team.

9. Crazy-awesome company

Current Employee - Team Lead in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Team Lead in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Virool full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong technical team Dozen of different technologies working seamlessly together Obsession about product and its quality Extremely huge data Consistent personal grow - everyone learn new things pretty much everyday. Zero bureaucracy tolerance Freedom of doing things Multiple amazing office "toys"

Cons

11 hours gap between offices Hours might be too long sometimes

Advice to Management

Have better plan for each employee and create plans in advance

10. Startup Dream Job

I have been working at Virool full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team -- We have a professional magician on the team, who performed in Mohegan Sun in front of 7,000 people, a sponsored Starcraft player, relative of J.R.R. Tolkien and many other crazy, fun people. Hypergrowth - We've grown 30x in 8 months. That provides incredible opportunities for our team to grow in so many different ways. Each and every Viroolian has a wealth of experience working cross-functionally, and it's a pleasure to be a part of this. Crazy ideas come to fruition --> Viroolians consistently have crazy ideas, and management is crazy enough to make them happen (or at least vet them!). Space trips included ... Passion and purpose - Each and every team member fundamentally believes in video as the next great frontier, enabling brands to tell a compelling story through engaging means. Catered food --> #nomnom and instacart deliveries whenever! O, and I should mention our new digs! 21st floor, inspiring views 2 blocks from Union Square. Virool HQ Rocks.

Cons

Fluctuating Expectations -- nature of the beast in a hypergrowth company. Champion change or it will be tough to succeed. Long hours (but we love it!) -- We spend a TON of time together as a team. You better love it.

11. BEST PLACE TO LEARN A TON IN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME!

I have been working at Virool full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the things that I enjoyed about working here were: a. Ability to talk to customers directly - even in a junior role, I was interacting with customers daily over the phone, chat and in person b. Ability to contribute to product development - I would make suggestions to engineering that would be implemented. It's great to see some of my ideas come to life without knowing how to write a line of code c. Impact on company growth - I could see how I was able to contribute to company's continued growth d. Sales Challenges - The focus and intensity of sales challenges was definitely one of the most exciting parts of working at Virool. Some of the prizes were: a Ferrari for a day, PS4 (the day it came out), helicopter flights, etc. e. Always learning - I can't even count amount of things I learned working at Virool. It's been the best experience on my life.

Cons

It's a startup, so they haven't figured out everything. It's not like working in a big company, so there will be things that management still needs to implement.

Advice to Management

Hire more people!

RSS Feed </> Embed