Virtua Health

Updated March 1, 2015
Updated March 1, 2015
3.1

Richard P. Miller

Friendly people, good conditions.

Current Employee - Housekeeping in Voorhees, NJ
    Current Employee - Housekeeping in Voorhees, NJ

I have been working at Virtua Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People here are very friendly and happy at work.

Cons

Sometimes we have staffing issues.

Hire more consistent people.

Not the best; not the worst

Current Employee - Unit Secretary in Mount Holly, NJ
    Current Employee - Unit Secretary in Mount Holly, NJ

I have been working at Virtua Health

Pros

This particular position was a permanent part-time with wonderful hours. Awesome health benefits.

Cons

Upper management in this particular department were horrible. Very unprofessional. Medical staff were not what I would seek out if I were a patient. I would hope that not all floors are managed this this.

I have been working at Virtua Health part-time (less than a year)

Pros

None cleaning methods ❌❓to many rules and favorites unsanitary conditions

Cons

They had contagious disease patients on same floor as the terminal sick patients on same floor with not contagious patients I don't get it

Understand your employees when you hire them and train them longer then 3 days

My BAD experience so far.

I have been working at Virtua Health part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some good people + benefits

Cons

Their company values R there for show only. Place is all about faking a good greenery.Nepotism, favoritism, unprofessionalism, lack of integrity-place is full of frenemies. Roles & responsibilities change erratically and lack of diversity in higher paying jobs is very obvious. All about who you know- NOT what you know. Departments &Employees- extremely understaffed & overworked. New comers better know ‘insiders’ or you will be lost as NO proper training, assistance, guidance, clarification or basic facilities needed to do your job are provided. There are the insiders and outsiders-Old timey employees know how to be PC, know how to survive by being on the good side of the right people. As someone wrote before, they want you to drink the Kool aid- do not want you to speak your mind, question authority or bring in new ideas. If you do, they will see to it that you get out of their way.
    Place is filled with lots of unhappy part time employees who have no chance at going full time because the money is going to overpaid contractors/companies whose main interest is to keep their pockets full. Then there R the insecure older managers/employees who will do everything to keep their jobs safe and business as usual. Many good honest, hardworking employees are sacrificed to keep it that way and make way for ‘their preferred’ people to come in for various jobs. There is no check and balance when it comes to higher ups, as they r totally out of touch with the realities on floor where people are always expected to smile like robots and work with their heads down.

B realistic, in touch, honest and walk the walk yourself first.

Volunteer

I worked at Virtua Health

Pros

Nice environment, friendly co-workers, potential for growth

Cons

No cons I can think of

Excellent Company and Culture

Current Employee - Manager in Voorhees, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Voorhees, NJ

I have been working at Virtua Health full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great leadership, benefits, and culture...

Cons

Very large organization...lost in the shuffle. ..

Recognize outside of nursing.....

Worst. Job. Ever.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlton, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlton, NJ

I worked at Virtua Health full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Learned a lot, good work hours, understanding with having to leave early for emergencies

Cons

You will only learn what they want you to learn. Asked several times to learn different areas. Was never given that opportunity. Training is done by your co-workers. Management does not train - they don't really know the job. Promotions are far and few between - unless you are a friend of management. If you are lucky to be a favorite, you don't have to interview or apply, it will be handed to you.

Stop playing favorites, stop promoting your friends, learn your subordinates' jobs, stop playing on your phones and leave your offices to see which employees are talking, playing on their phones, etc. to learn which employees are the workers verses the non-workers. Even out work loads.

I would still be there if I didn't have to move

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Holly, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Holly, NJ

I worked at Virtua Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working for Virtua. Most of my colleague were wonderful to work with. My supervisor was wonderful and was great at understanding that each employee learns different ways. She is no longer there (retired) but I would have worked for her again any day! My job was an entry level position was a great way to get into the door for a large organization that you can build a career in.

Cons

I never seemed to have enough "sick" days and would have NO vacation time left form using them being home sick. At the time I didn't like how the health plan was. Minimal holidays were considered as "holiday" closures due to it being a hospital and they have to stay open 24 hours a day!

You will often feel exhausted yet not get anything done.

I worked at Virtua Health

Pros

Good colleagues, good concept, job security, benefits are good too. Each site has a different culture but most are welcoming. I have worked at two and visited all of them.

Cons

Administration and senior management is out of touch with what the staff needs and what tools middle management needs. This in turn makes the staff think middle management are deliberately mean or ineffective.

Stop thinking the mission statement is just a set of words. Really empower the nurses. If leadership really trusted the staff more than visionary things could be accomplished.

Great people, but sometimes feel like we run in circles

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlton, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlton, NJ

I have been working at Virtua Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people, great learning environment

Cons

Change doesn't happen quickly, but that could be a preference.

Go to where the work is done. Then make a decision.