Virtual Radiologic Reviews

Reset
2.6
Jim Burke

Growing Pains

I worked at Virtual Radiologic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The heart of the company lies in a few key team members. Being in the leading technology and field is very rewarding and major opportunity lay ahead.

Cons

Constant redirection of asset focus and leadership structure makes being a team member here beyond challenging.

Advice to Management

Find the goals and big enough picture for leadership to keep the teams on the same path and focus.

2. Bad timing...

Pros

Seemed like the company had a clear vision as I was interviewing with them for a management position.

Cons

Merger. Merger. Merger. Thanks for not mentioning anything about your impending merger as I was interviewing with you and moving from a very secure situation.

Advice to Management

Tell people the truth about your company's status and how impending moves impact the potential of the employment status of people thinking about joining your company.

3. Sales

Pros

A great company doing important things in radiology which has been a VERY competitive environment. Management has had to make some tough decisions, but has the company poised for future growth and on solid footing.

Cons

Work is extremely challenging and fast paced. The work-life balance is important to keep an eye on.

it keeps changing

Current Employee - Administrative in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Administrative in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Virtual Radiologic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

was great before it went public, and then was bought by investors who just wanted to fire as many people as possible and drive service levels into the toilet so they could siphon off as much money as possible for themselves ,,, now its bought by Mednax so we will see

Cons

not sure what to expect, maybe it will be better now, maybe it will be worse

Advice to Management

stay focused on patient care and staff and train to do right by everyone who counts on us

6. management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Pros

strong business potential - good business model concept

Cons

leadership, lack of execution of business model, huge divide between management and staff

Advice to Management

change leaders

A lot of employee turnover lately

I have been working at Virtual Radiologic full-time

Pros

Medical leadership is top notch

Cons

Execs are short timers and we are losing legacy employees that feel they are going nowhere in their careers.

Advice to Management

We know you think we're idiots. At least try to fake it a little better.

Private equity owned, controlled and mislead - $$$

Pros

Company was a great place to work a few years back. Staff and leadership were committed, engaged and collaborative.

Cons

In less than 3 years - CEO turnover 2 x - CFO turnover 3 x - Chief Medical Officer 2x In addition, turnover in CIO, COO, Sales and Strategy. New executive leadership - Equity Owners hired 4 new C-level staff - only 1 had health care background - technology. Other than the CMO - company is ran by Equity Owner leadership whose sole focus is return on investment. Change and some turnover is good - but not at the hands of mismatched corporate level leadership who succeeded in driving out too many competent staff via lay-offs or unreasonable demands.

Advice to Management

Hire and promote new c-level leadership with experience and passion in health care.

Previously loved this place...

I have been working at Virtual Radiologic full-time

Pros

love the overall business and the contribution this company makes to patient care. Many good people still working here that really believe in the company.

Cons

owned by private equity company, so every penny has been squeezed out of the business in effort to sell. Teams have been skinnied down way too much to be able to handle workload, etc. Private-equity assigned 'turn-around' executive mgmt. team doesn't understand the business and is only interested in getting company to sale and moving on.

vRad - Good company with an unfair bad rap on Glassdoor

Current Employee - Director in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Director in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Virtual Radiologic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

vRad is a good company. Individuals that continually strive to add value and make a positive impact on the business, are rewarded by opportunities for advancement, job flexibility, work-life balance, and reasonably competitive compensation. I have worked at vRad for seven years and have been through the highs and lows of the business. I strongly believe that most all past and present leadership have had good intentions and are sincerely doing their best to lead us all in moving the company in the right direction. Bottom line, if you can demonstrate how you are continually adding value to the company and get along well with others, you will have a happy, successful career at vRad. I have a work-life balance I know would be extremely hard to find at another company. It has allowed me to feel successful in my career and as a mother. I feel like I have an opportunity to make a difference every day I come to work, and I have felt this way since the day I started. vRad does away with the red tape and rewards individuals for their hard work. The office in Eden Prairie is very nice.

Cons

I don't consider this a con, but vRad is a very fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. If you do not like change, this is not the company for you. vRad is a smaller company and not all jobs have a well defined career path. If that is what you are looking for, this is not the company for you. You need to take the initiative to make your own career path at vRad and run with it. It's not always going to be easy, but nobody will hold you back.

Operations Support Specialist

Former Employee - Operations Support Representative in Eden Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Operations Support Representative in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at Virtual Radiologic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits and great opportunity for advancement

Cons

Micromanagement is terrible. Ever changing upper management that are too detached from the company.

Advice to Management

Treat employees more like humans than numbers.

RSS Feed </> Embed