Virtustream

Rodney J. Rogers

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

20 yr industry vet new to Virtustream

Individual Contributor (Current Employee) Bethesda, MD

ProsSmart, professional staff, aggressive growth, doubled in headcount from 2012 to 2013! Cutting edge technology, very strong outlook. You do have a voice and I've found everyone to be helpful. Opportunities are huge! Many new clients signed, many more in the pipeline.

ConsVery aggressive growth is a double edged sword. There are times you will need to put in extra hours to support the growth. You will be asked to do collateral duties. These things are negatives to some and exciting to others. I'm entrepenurial in thought. I've helped companies grow by over $100M in a few years and go public. Understand this is the type of company Virtustream is or you might have a rude awakening.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is aware of challenges we've faced in the past and what we are experiencing presently. No perfect job, company or person/employee. Keep doiing what you are doing, can't please them all. Don't settle on talent, better to have a smart thinker and good cultural fit than a strong tech fit who doesn't fit the culture.

Few Good Men... Few Pennies Paid... Tons of Problems

Engineer (Former Employee) Bethesda, MD

ProsVirtustream has a very strong Infrastructure Team… for a team that is very understaffed these guys go above and beyond to make the big wigs their money (aka C-Level).

Teleworking is a plus...
    Great Place to come in a scarf down some free knowledge... College grads take advantage of this opportunity as I did.

Cons0 Work Life Balance and Promotions, does not pay at the market rates.
    It's only about who you know at Virtustream... scratch my back and I will give you a Board position to close a deal
    C-Levels, SVPs, VPs does not care about the operations staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up... it's no longer High School... speaking to your Team will be very beneficial
    Rodney Rogers and Frank Vella are bad for Virtustream business... verified by your partners and staff

Fast Lane... Crash & Burn

Engineer (Former Employee) Bethesda, MD

ProsAll Technical Engineers are smart

ConsOverworked with no room for growth... They will burn you out then hire someone else and do the same... Never promoting from within

Advice to Senior ManagementGrowUp. Take care of your people and promote internal growth... Keep you employees aware of the roadmap for the company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company

Exec (Current Employee) Bethesda, MD

ProsFlexible work schedule, great people

ConsDriven by revenue numbers at all costs.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on culture

Looks good from the outside only

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Bethesda, MD

ProsVery talented technical staff, access to latest cloud technologies, opportunity for growth (if you fit the clique), dynamic pace, global reach

ConsExecutives are clueless about how to treat employees. Chairman/CEO rules with an iron fist - agree with him or get out of his way. No increases since company started in 2009 and 401k match eliminated because of budget problems - although you can't tell they have budget issues by the way they spend money on themselves. Lots of turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour people are what makes your company and they are sick of your lies. Learn to respect the contribution they make to your fat wallets.

Horrible you should not even look twice!

Information Technology Department (Former Employee) Bethesda, MD

ProsWith virtustream you would be garantee a reasonable pay

Consbenefits sucks
    company dont know its true direction
    every VP AND President is only concern about irrelevant things like riding around in a limo and ordering expensive food.
    Top earners has no sense of business acumen!
    Office politics,
    The company is operating in a forever loss!
    No one never knows what they are doing
    You will never know when you are going to get the pink slip!

Advice to Senior ManagementConcentrate on generating "actual" revenues, instead of forever "cooking" over inflating the figures!
    Spends wayy too much money

Worked for Virtustream? Contribute to the Community!