Visage Mobile Reviews

Visage Mobile CEO Bzur Haun
Bzur Haun

1. Exciting company

I have been working at Visage Mobile full-time

Pros

Visage is a great company to work for. Flexible schedule allows for work-life balance, everyone is extremely motivated and the executive team is always there to help. This is a great place for someone who wants to make a real impact in the company, as ideas are always welcome and the CEO will personally sit down with you to go through them. Fast paced, fun and casual environment.

Cons

Not a place for someone who needs a lot of structure and doesn't adapt to change

2. Great product. Solid leadership. Good potential.

I worked at Visage Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Start up with first class partners like Concur and Verizon. Product is moving in the right direction and organization is hyper focused on supporting that direction.

Cons

Need to move faster in innovating new products for where the market is going.

Advice to Management

Less micro management -- get out of the way of the great, amazing and talented people who work there.

3. Regional Sales Manager

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Larkspur, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Larkspur, CA

I have been working at Visage Mobile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am very happy with my decision to join the Visage team. Visage offers a great work / life balance, flexible scheduling, and its such a fun team to be a part of. Even better, I feel comfortable going to any of my executive leadership team members for help or direction, and I truly feel like we operate as a team--growing business with the most powerful mobility spend management solution on the market.

Cons

I am extremely happy with my position & career path at Visage Mobile.

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate like you are, and the potential for business growth is infinite.

5. Outstanding, fun place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Visage Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

An excellent technology play in the fastest growing tech segment, mobility. Great people. Fun place to work. Strong leadership.

Cons

If you want a highly structured environment, might not be for you. It's a startup in a fast changing space.

6. Fun place to work with plenty of room to be heard.

I worked at Visage Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong message, solid, hard working leadership, great data concept, kick ass operations team and tremendous marketing/communications strategy.

Cons

Great data aggregation play is offset by difficult to use (outdated?) application and too much focus ($$) on selling something people don't understand. Could be better at product simplification/development.

Advice to Management

Keep executing and move faster to data aggregation as the core business. Don't be so slow to jettison non-performers. Kill the direct sales concept.

7. Lots of Hustle, Lots of Fun

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Visage Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Visage embodies smart start-up culture in the Bay Area. Visage's leadership team are very experienced and adroit at executing on challenging goals. There is a huge amount of fun and character for a company who doesn't necessarily making 'fun' software. It's got a solid product, a terrific team, and a fantastic location in the FiDi of San Francisco.

Cons

Just like any startup, Visage moves fast, has to pivot quickly, and make difficult decisions.

Messy

I worked at Visage Mobile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When joining the company I was given the impression that this was a hot start-up. This was exciting and the reason I joined. Also, the software is decent. Come to find out that the company has been around since 2001 and still a "start-up", but "restructured" in 2007. There are some quality people working at the company, and that was clear after joining.

Cons

After joining the company, it was evident early on why the company had remained in start-up mode. Consistent refresh of sales people and no marketing. The sales reps have a monthly quota, and it rarely was achieved. Constant state of being questioned about performance all metric based micromanagement. When I joined they had just closed a round of funding and then laid us off about 4 months later after the funding was mismanaged. There was never any understanding of the CEO's vision or strategy, it changed every other week. Then you finally hear from everyone that nobody thinks the CEO knows what he is doing. Approximately 4 months after hiring a bunch of people in all different areas of the company, and after a round of funding, they laid a batch of people off. Apparently they over spent and sales wasn't supporting any growth. Overall, I am writing to recommend that any future employees of this company have an opportunity to hear from someone who has been on the inside. They were careless with their most precious asset - people.

Advice to Management

Find a new CEO

9. If you want to advance your career, stay away...

I worked at Visage Mobile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

High Base Salary, Freedom to make flexible schedule

Cons

They have no money, are falling apart, dont have a successful business model, and 3 months after hiring a ton of new people, they let them all go because they couldn't pay them. However, they kept unsuccessful & unorganized individuals in place over people who were closing revenue.

Advice to Management

Hire a CFO. Quit firing hard working good people so that you can overpay lazy ones due to tenure.

10. Disorganized

Former Employee - Account Dev in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Dev in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Visage Mobile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cool people, great product. great location. Pay is decent.

Cons

Leadership very lost, hire/fire staff constantly. No direction to company. Within 1 year they have re-focused on direct, channel and partnerships for sales. Each time hiring/firing a whole team of people to tackle the new initiative. The only constant is the management. If they were around in 1 year I would be shocked!!!

Advice to Management

Get a plan, follow plan develop metrics for success or failure of plan, manage to plan. GET STAFF THAT HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE.

RSS Feed </> Embed