Visible Changes

www.visiblechanges.com

Visible Changes Reviews

3.8

John McCormack

Hard work for maximum benefit

Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Visible Changes full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Amazing incentives, ,endless opportunity, the ability to make mistakes and learn from them, and increased flexibility in scheduling. This company has changed so much in the nearly 10 years I have been with them. I couldn't imagine working elsewhere. We are definitely heading in a direction that includes more of a work life balance and fun at all times.

Cons

People often times think they should receives benefits they haven't worked for or hit the goal to receive the certain benefit.

Continue to motivate and inspire. We have endless possibilities within our reach.

Aug 12, 2014Marketing Director

Thank you for your 5-Star rating of Visible Changes. We appreciate the feedback as we strive to make our company one of the best in the hairdressing industry.

It's like a big loving family!

Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Visible Changes full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love pretty much everything about working at visible changes. I've been with them for over a year. I came to them after going through many salons as most stylists do. The training is very intense and very rewarding. If you don't want to work hard then don't apply! The managers are always there for you and are very accommodating. The education after you get out of training is amazing and one of the main reasons I came here. Opportunity for advancement is abundant. Overall the best company I've ever had the privilege of working for.

Cons

I can't really think of anything terribly challenging with being here. Sometimes the amount of travel required can be a bit much.

I would advise better communication between trainers and managers.

Aug 12, 2014Marketing Director

Thank you for your 5-Star rating of Visible Changes. Your comments will help us to make this and even better company to work for.

Best Employer in the Beauty Industry

Former Employee - Co-Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Visible Changes full-time (more than an year)

Pros

benefits, employee development, environment, ongoing education, data-driven corporate strategies, excellent regional managers and ownership. At Visible Changes, the people made the difference. Having worked for "elite" salons before, I was expecting so much less than what I encountered. Employees would help one another at Visible Changes, set goals and see them through as a team. I have a chill running down my spine as I write this, because I miss them all very much.

My manager, Sylvia Ebel, worked with me as a peer. She always communicated to me where she was coming from and where her team was going. She is a female Vince Lombardi, capable of inspiring dozens of employees. What's more, she worked with me on my schedule, accommodating unexpected events. Having an ill parent to care for, it meant the world to me. Sylvia is fun and motivational, a delight to work with.

My head receptionist, Norma Zamora, was an invaluable asset in the salon. She displayed a depth of caring that is rare in people in the workforce today.

My regional manager, Tami Dunlap, was a great resource, mentoring and meeting with me on a regular basis. The director of training, Leigh LaDay, displayed the same amount of caring and attention. Their gift of "The Laws of Success" is something that I have read twice, and cannot thank them enough for.

The owner, John McCormack, would take time out of his day to speak to each employee. He never made me feel anything other than a valued and integral part of the Visible Changes team. He and Co-Founder Maryanne McCormack consistently worked towards their vision of excellence, of a better life for hundreds of hair stylists. John provided the business framework for growth. Maryanne was steadfast in her pursuit of raising the profession to one that commands respect.

Cons

They weren't hiring a public relations director. Had they been, I would still be at Visible Changes. Another downside would be the long Saturdays, working open to close.

Do away with the co-managers working open to close on Saturdays. Keep up the great work elsewhere, and follow in the footsteps of John & Maryanne McCormack

Aug 12, 2014Marketing Director

Thank you for your thorough review of Visible Changes. We appreciate the time you spent with us and wish you well in your future endeavors.

Exciting,motivating,growth,excellent,,,,,amazing company,

Current Employee - Upper Level in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Upper Level in Houston, TX

I have been working at Visible Changes full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Many incentives,rewards,benefits,education,
    In hairdressing you get what you give,,I work hard,stay focused like a professional,and I'm rewarded,,,,over and over again

Cons

Hard work pays off,,,,some people work hard,some people have no work ethic,,,,
    If you don't want to work hard and have fun,you don't want to work here
    Otherwise,,,,cmon,,,let's go

Keep on changing with the times,the company has been implanting changes to make it better for family,personal time,,,,,,the new generation like a balance,,,,thanks Johnny

Aug 12, 2014Marketing Director

Thank you for your 5-Star review of Visible Changes. We appreciate your insight and hope to continue growing and getting better.

not an IT company

Current Employee - Developer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Developer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Visible Changes full-time

Pros

A Very laid back work environment

Cons

nothing much challenging to do work wise

Aug 12, 2014Marketing Director

Our primary business is hairdressing, but in order to become one of the premier salons in the country, we have had to create our own reporting and Point of Sale systems. as nothing on the market met ... More

Great education, zero personal life

Former Employee - Chemical Specialist in South Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Chemical Specialist in South Houston, TX

I worked at Visible Changes full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The education really is awesome. You learn to do clients quickly (usually you get appts every 30 mins, even for color services). The benefits such as bonuses, 401, profit sharing are very exciting to have offered as well.

Cons

The expectation that just because a "senior" stylist did it, so must you. I wasn't allowed off for a funeral because it was during Christmas. I missed my grandmothers funeral because the handbook stated no vacation days during the holidays. Being told I "could" have requested time off if I sold more retail, having to work my days off because I take vacation, being told I would be demoted unless my retail & yearly numbers improved.

Treat us all equally. We aren't robots. And to tell to tell stylists we need to work harder so you have something to leave your kids is a little ridiculous, when some of your employees are struggling to pay bills. We aren't too concerned how Johnny, Danny & Megan will make it with only a few millions to get by.

One of a kind company

Former Employee - Co-Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Visible Changes full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked for VC since 2005 and have had a very pleasant experience. This company is family-owned and the staff is treated as such. They do expect a lot from their staff both in effort and quality, however no great work goes unrewarded. The best thing about VC is the incentives, bonuses, and benefits package. They do offer insurance and a very generous profit sharing plan to all full-time employees. Furthermore, the education offered at VC is phenomenal. The working environment is diverse, upbeat, fast-paced and teamwork oriented.

Cons

This is a retail-type environment so the hours can be challenging.

I enjoyed my time with VC, however some improvements need to be made as far as hours and scheduling. Allowing more flexibility and/or rotating time off would be beneficial.

Aug 12, 2014Marketing Director

Thank you for your comments and 5-Star review on Visible Changes. We are constantly reviewing the way we schedule and run our salons. Several changes have been recently implemented concerning some of ... More

horrible workplace environment

Current Employee - Receptionist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Visible Changes part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only good thing free haircut and discounts.

Cons

Everything else down to workplace environment, gossip , backbiting , management.....

Be a people's person and influence a better more positive work environment.

Aug 12, 2014Marketing Director

We are sorry that Visible Changes did not work out for you as a career. When problems are brought to our attention, we make every effort to correct the situation or change policies or procedures to ... More