Vision Hospitality Group

1 Rating

1. Amazing Company, Visionary Leader

Former Employee - General Manager in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - General Manager in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Vision Hospitality Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Salary, Culture, Benefits, Etc. -- Mitch Patel is one of the most inspiring leaders that I have ever had the honor of working for. If you want to see what kind of a company he runs, simply pay a visit to any hotel he has build and runs. Every property is top notch with no expense spared to ensure the guests have a great experience. This attention to detail is also a part of the culture of VHG. Mitch believes in having a team of inspired and empowered associates that have the tools and resources they need to do their jobs. He then sits back and lets his team do their jobs. This culture is not just from him, it carries itself throughout the company. I regret with all my heart that I am no longer a VHG team member. You see I made some mistakes that lead to my departure and if there was one thing I could do over in life it was that. Mitch and his team are the best of the best. If you are fortunate enough to be able to join Team VHG, then you need to!

Cons

There are no cons to working at Vision Hospitality Group. They are quite possibly the world's best hotel ownership and management group!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! You are the beacon of hospitality in an otherwise dark world. There is no better shining example of what Conrad said was a hospitality professional's responsibility -- to spread the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality!

2. non supportive of general managers

I worked at Vision Hospitality Group full-time

Pros

In general they are great for an associate line level positions. Looks great on paper for their Vision Values.

Cons

No support for middle management. Corporate office has a different set of values than they hold the field team to.

Advice to Management

listen to your middle management when they tell you they need help don't let them drowned in the field.

3. So-So employer, but there are better companies to work for out there!

Former Employee - Guest Services Manager in South Pittsburg, TN
    Former Employee - Guest Services Manager in South Pittsburg, TN

I worked at Vision Hospitality Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Opportunities to advance, getting to meet new people everyday, something new to come into everyday. Some great people to meet and get to know. Seems to like hiring young management and giving them a chance.

Cons

Low pay to management and employees. Management wise, unless your a GM the corporate office does not really care much about your input. Company is expanding to fast and is forgetting about their smaller properties and leaving them with an impossible budget to meet and treating them like they are a higher end hotel and in a bigger city even though neither of those two statements are true!

Advice to Management

Pay better and make the lower management feel like they are just as important as the General Manager of the hotel. Also, same goes for the hourly employees.. Do not grow more than you guys can handle because eventually the cracks will show and another Hospitality company will come in show you up by exploiting your weaknesses.

5. Excellent

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Vision Hospitality Group

Pros

Respectful place to work if you like prefection

Cons

The benefit package is lacking.

Advice to Management

Get better health insurance.

6. Not a good company to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dalton, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dalton, GA

I have been working at Vision Hospitality Group

Pros

The Job is easy to perform.

Cons

Not many benifits and low pay.