Vision Solutions

Updated September 4, 2014
Updated September 4, 2014
4.0

Nicolaas Vlok

Currently working here and happy to be a part of this company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Vision Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have worked here for 2.5 years and I could not be happier. Vision Solutions offers a work life balance, open communication, fun environment, great benefits including unlimited vacation time. I enjoy everyone I work with and I look forward to my future with the company.

Cons

I cannot really think of a con for Vision Solutions in my opinion. The only thing I would like to see is a off site All Hands meeting once a year where the entire company from each state can get together and meet each other face to face for a few days.

Fast Paced and fun!

Current Employee - Technology Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Technology Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Vision Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked at Vision over ten years and the time has flown by because of all of the great work I have been able to be a part of. The industry has changed several times during the time I have been at Vision and they keep changing with it. It's great!

Cons

you have to be open to change. If you don't like change, you won't like Vision.

fairness!

High Tech and Great People

I have been working at Vision Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A very educated, capable, and knowledgeable workforce. The software products that are developed are built with multiple programming languages (C++, Java, and C#) and work within sophisticated IT environments. Employees learn about cloud, virtualization, and the inner workings of Windows and Linux operating systems. The work environment is flexible in terms vacation, hours, and working from home. The dress code is casual. There is a focus on fun and fitness. There are a lot of friendships that have been established outside of work.

Cons

Over the years some benefits have been scaled back.

Corporate nepotism at its worst

Former Employee - RSM - Latin America
    Former Employee - RSM - Latin America

I worked at Vision Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's a job... if you are in the management circle of power, you can make some money

Cons

One trick pony who's trick hasn't evolved at par with the industry
    Disconnected executives and management negatively affecting professional's careers and life.
    Bossy, arrogant, clueless personalities prevail.

Do whatever you need to do to improve the company culture, product offering and work / life balance of your key talent.

Challenging and rewarding company to work for...

I have been working at Vision Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Profitable and growing company... Vision is well positioned in system and data availability space across a broad spectrum of platforms, OS's and DB's, A company that continues to enhance it's employee benefits programs and provides flexible work options. Vision has always done a good job of retaining their key resources of acquired companies, a policy that leverages the skills and expertise already in place.

Cons

Dynamic elements of the company such as growth-opportunity acquisitions can lead to internal stresses related to change but overall the company has been successful in keeping much of it's key leadership and technical skills intact.

Continue to find opportunities to growth and strengthen the company through acquisitions. The management has a good track record bringing companies and cultures together... sure with some short-term bumps but overall moving in a positive direction.

Great products and great people

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Vision Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Fun place to work, smart people.

Cons

Not growing as they should be. They have been slow to innovate during the past few years.

Great Experience and fast moving environment... to fast for some... but I loved the pace!

I have been working at Vision Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Growth, new technologies, the global 500 for a client base, etc.

Cons

Typical growing company stuff! Always being profitable was a key goal... but Vision is always very profitable and that's a good thing... although some in Development would love more money spent on their projects.

Great management team. It would be great if they spent more time in the field with the teams, but I understand they are managing a company. Overall, my interaction with the team has been very positive. They have a "vision" and are executing to it!

This is a high quality organization to work for in a high growth global technology segment.

I have been working at Vision Solutions full-time

Pros

The culture of the company is excellent. They care about employees and provide a good life balance. This company also is dominant in several industry segments and has great growth potential. The executive leadership team is committed to growth and profitability which provides solid security, stability and future career potential.

Cons

There are too many growth opportunities to pursue compared to the investment dollars available to fund everything.

Continue to invest for growth.

Over 11 years and still happy

Current Employee - Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Vision Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Vision allows for a good balance between work and personal life. The growth of the company has been quite large in the past 5 years however the company has done a good job overall in meeting the demands of so many employees in different regions. Vision provides excellent benefits and a very generous vacation, sick time and leave policy. The Senior Management team has lead very cautiously throughout some of our most shaky economic times, yet we as a company are still strong and still moving ahead. For me that is extremely important to know that we are being led by those who know what they are doing.

Cons

If you call it a con, the company now operates as a corporate company as they should, which means there are more policies and procedures to follow now then there was years ago. However, without these measures in place things would not operate as smoothly as it does and more challenges would arise if these policies were not in place.

It would be nice to see our Senior Management team more often, more than just during Quarterly meetings.

Not just a job, a great place to work with initiative ideas and products!

I have been working at Vision Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Vision does everything it can to ensure employees have working environments that generate creativity as well as allow comforts when you need them. A program to work remote has been initiated that allows shorter commutes as well as the comfort of working out of you own home. Management listens and takes action on concerns.

Cons

If you do not like to work, this is not the place for you. Although there is no micro management, the team does expect you to preform and get the job done.

A few more lunches when the team is busy would be great.