VisionIT Reviews

David H. Segura

Vice President

Former Employee - Vice President  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Vice President in Detroit, MI

I worked at VisionIT full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very good group of people with an excellent list of clients to support.

Cons

Owners have a hard time of releasing the reins to the senior leaders.

Employees are appreciated for talents - Non Political Work enviorment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at VisionIT full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Understanding and Flexible management staff. Chance to grow and add to your skill set. Upper Management listens to employee base and makes changes to improve work environment and experience. New HR leadership is fantastic and is really taking action and getting involved with employees. Very friendly non-political office.

Cons

Health benefits are on the high side, but that is trend at every place of employment right now.

Keep up the good work of listening to the employees suggestions. The recent fun lunches and games are great, keep them up.

Vision IT is a Great Rated Workplace

I have been working at VisionIT

Pros

Recently VisionIT was awarded the Great Rated Workplace designation from the Great Place to Work Institute. What an honor. The people working here are great to work with including the President and the CEO. I am proud to work for a company with this designation and culture. The culture is what defines who we are and what we are. It separates us from other companies, it makes us stand out.

Cons

The only challenges I face are that there is periodic traffic issues and the delay of the elevators, both of which are not controlled in any way by VisionIT. :)

Continue the progress with the culture and the exciting businss opportunities. I like the fact that there are business updates and information sharing.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

VisionIT continues to lead in encouraging collaboration

I have been working at VisionIT full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Our COO is leading a group within the company that is driving innovation, process improvement. I applaud VisionIT for getting employees involved in driving positive changes to keep us focused on our goals and remaining competitive.

Cons

There is a lot of opportunity for growth here.

Keep up the great work and thank you for caring out the people within this great organization!

So far - so good after one month

Current Employee - Senior Talent Agent  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Talent Agent in Detroit, MI

I have been working at VisionIT full-time

Pros

Great Culture and on-boarding process

Cons

No cons at this point

Great experience and people

Current Employee - SharePoint Architect  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - SharePoint Architect in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at VisionIT as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Growth, opportunities and the people

Cons

None i can think of

Updated Headquarters in Midtown Detroit!

Current Employee - Talent Agent  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Talent Agent in Detroit, MI

I have been working at VisionIT full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very talented group of people. Lots of very experienced people throughout different areas of the company (HR, Finance, Operations). Talent Agents have a wide arrange of types of positions we fill from a diverse amount of client base nationally. Company logo is on top of the building and feels good to be a part of the transformation of Detroit. Leadership has worked hard to build a substantial company with impact and executive team are commonly asked to be in leadership positions locally and nationally. Company has a great reputation so helps me place more consultants on engagements.

Cons

We have gone through significant change since I first started and some management hires didn't work out but nice to see leadership saw that some of these new additions didn't fit with the company culture.

Keep driving positive changes, clear that you are listening and seeing where to make improvements. This place is a goldmine for talent agents who put the effort in so I am using my network and getting way more hires than working for true staff aug companies. Love the innovation (new ATS, job search tools, mobility technology) and not being a "me to" company that most other staffing companies are in Metro Detroit.

Great Leadership, CEO gets it and drives innovation.

I have been working at VisionIT full-time for more than a year

Pros

Executive team work tirelessly, CEO is always positive and energetic and approachable.
    Company has brought in a lot of big customers over the years and retained all of them. Company is not afraid to change and recently brought a new product called MobileForce to its customers.

Cons

Still some key executives and additional leaders needed. This is a place where you definitely have to be a contributor.

Keep building company with additional great people to scale and expand. Give all employees clarity of what they need to do to grow in the company.

Micromanagement at its finest

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at VisionIT full-time

Pros

Great team of coworkers. (Not the management level). This is a great place for ENTRY level individuals to get their feet wet in the art of staffing.

Cons

Management is 100% disconnected from their employees. Recruiting and placement is done on a reactive basis, absolutely reactive. Benefits for employees (FTE) are ASTRONOMICAL in cost (think $550 a month for family). Combine that with notoriously low wages, a poor commission structure...not a good place to be.

Open your eyes before you lose the remaining good recruiters.

Lots of hype, not much follow through

I have been working at VisionIT full-time

Pros

This is a company that knows how to recruit highly qualified, knowledgeable, and experienced people. Hard working, dedicated people work there and there is a lot of hype and excitement about the skills and experience you bring to the organization.

Cons

They can recruit, but they can't keep quality personnel for long. Managers lack leadership capabilities and training. Although there is a lot of excitement when you start, nothing you bring to the table is likely to be implemented. Don't be surprised when you start doing jobs completely outside the reason you were hired!

This is another IT company that doesn't document anything ... and that goes all the way through HR.

Everything seems Detroit-centric and leaves out all the outlying areas to fend for themselves. Benefit costs are very high.

VisionIT has extremely high senior management turnover and high-producers ... most seem to last only about a year. Although they state they have over 1,000 employees, they don't, it is more like 150 and the rest are contract workers.

This is a small company that wants to grow, but can't or won't put in the time and effort to strengthen their foundation so they can compete at a new level.

Train your managers for leadership roles. Be honest about what you can and cannot do for a client and the timeline! READ YOUR CONTRACTS BEFORE SIGNING THEM ... it is embarassing to have account reps not know the details of the accounts they manage and worse that the attitude of senior management is "just agree to everything and we'll figure it out later."

Worked for VisionIT? Contribute to the Community!