VisionIT

David H. Segura

Very happy with VisionIT

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Delmar, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Delmar, NY

I have been working at VisionIT full-time (less than an year)

Pros

First of all, the recruitment was painless. Usually a recruiter requires me to do all kinds of reworking of my resume to point out areas that the client is particularly interested in, but in the case of VisionIT, Ann did it for me. She called me and interviewed me, then put together a splendid redo, including reformatting of my resume. She presented me to the client and I was hired after a 30 minute phone interview. Ann was also there for me when I went through some challenges on the job with our client. I was able to reach out to her, and she provided gracious support when I needed it most. I've also successfully received answers to every single question I've asked VisionIT HR, including other individuals, within 30 minutes. The only company I've worked for that comes close to VisionIT is Fleet Bank, which is no longer an entity. I highly recommend VisionIT to anyone who is tired of the rat race and wants to come home to a real company.

Cons

Compensation and benefits are outstanding. Cons would be no paid vacation (LOL)

I hope to remain with this company for a long time.

VisionIT is overall a great company

Current Employee - Program Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Program Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at VisionIT full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can work independently, they have good benefits, there is always great and open communication between colleagues. They have a great work-life balance

Cons

There is not much ongoing professional training. If you don't speak up, the work will continue to pile on until you say that you need some additional help.

You are doing a great job, but give your employees some incentives to work even harder

Great Company to Work for

I have been working at VisionIT full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company is innovative, entrepreneurial, team oriented and a great place to work. There is a genuine concern for our consultants as well as the team members. We are growing fast and that makes every day an exciting challenge. I recommend this company highly

Cons

Well there is a lot of work to do and we are all very busy. Some people may find that as a "con" but I do not. That is a sign of our company's success.

Continue to have quarterly updates. This has greatly improved internal communications. We would like to hear from all departments when possible,

Great stepping stone, but not a long term solution

Current Employee - VMS Talent Agent in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - VMS Talent Agent in Detroit, MI

I have been working at VisionIT full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great work atmosphere, great perks (work from home days, flex scheduling), and great teams.

Cons

Staffing is their secondary line of business, no room for advancement, those in management don't handle conflict well. The VMS accounts they work are VERY crowded. On one account VisionIT is one of 400 vendors, and yet still expected to get every hire offered.

Diversify your accounts. Don't tie new recruiters to VMS accounts. Its handcuffs them from expansion and discourages them when we dont make your measly $200 flat fee commission. You need to open up more lines of advancement.

Vice President

Former Employee - Vice President in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Vice President in Detroit, MI

I worked at VisionIT full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very good group of people with an excellent list of clients to support.

Cons

Owners have a hard time of releasing the reins to the senior leaders.

Employees are appreciated for talents - Non Political Work enviorment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at VisionIT full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Understanding and Flexible management staff. Chance to grow and add to your skill set. Upper Management listens to employee base and makes changes to improve work environment and experience. New HR leadership is fantastic and is really taking action and getting involved with employees. Very friendly non-political office.

Cons

Health benefits are on the high side, but that is trend at every place of employment right now.

Keep up the good work of listening to the employees suggestions. The recent fun lunches and games are great, keep them up.

VisionIT continues to lead in encouraging collaboration

I have been working at VisionIT full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Our COO is leading a group within the company that is driving innovation, process improvement. I applaud VisionIT for getting employees involved in driving positive changes to keep us focused on our goals and remaining competitive.

Cons

There is a lot of opportunity for growth here.

Keep up the great work and thank you for caring out the people within this great organization!

So far - so good after one month

Current Employee - Senior Talent Agent in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Talent Agent in Detroit, MI

I have been working at VisionIT full-time

Pros

Great Culture and on-boarding process

Cons

No cons at this point

Great experience and people

Current Employee - SharePoint Architect in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - SharePoint Architect in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at VisionIT as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Growth, opportunities and the people

Cons

None i can think of

Updated Headquarters in Midtown Detroit!

Current Employee - Talent Agent in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Talent Agent in Detroit, MI

I have been working at VisionIT full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very talented group of people. Lots of very experienced people throughout different areas of the company (HR, Finance, Operations). Talent Agents have a wide arrange of types of positions we fill from a diverse amount of client base nationally. Company logo is on top of the building and feels good to be a part of the transformation of Detroit. Leadership has worked hard to build a substantial company with impact and executive team are commonly asked to be in leadership positions locally and nationally. Company has a great reputation so helps me place more consultants on engagements.

Cons

We have gone through significant change since I first started and some management hires didn't work out but nice to see leadership saw that some of these new additions didn't fit with the company culture.

Keep driving positive changes, clear that you are listening and seeing where to make improvements. This place is a goldmine for talent agents who put the effort in so I am using my network and getting way more hires than working for true staff aug companies. Love the innovation (new ATS, job search tools, mobility technology) and not being a "me to" company that most other staffing companies are in Metro Detroit.