VisionIT Reviews

David H. Segura

1. Solid company

Current Employee - IT Security Specialist in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - IT Security Specialist in Detroit, MI

I have been working at VisionIT

Pros

I have been with the company a while and continue to see growth. They have accessibility to longterm contracts.

Cons

The representatives aren't as visible as with other houses. No news is good news though.

Keep up the good work!

2. This is a body shop posing as MSSP, with neither the budget nor the guts to go after MSSP market share successfully.

Former Employee - MSSP Director in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - MSSP Director in Detroit, MI

I worked at VisionIT

Pros

Nice people, strong profit margins, large customer base in their placement and contracting business. Wouldn't behoove you to attempt to have a successful MSSP career however.

Cons

Too tight on budgets, too easily swayed from the mark by a few weeks of unbillable time. Panicky when it comes to billable hours.

Put real money behind the efforts, and stop trying to hit the moon with a slingshot.

3. The Ship is Sinking

I worked at VisionIT full-time

Pros

Wasn't micromanaged. Like the 401k match but the vesting schedule was horrible. I was always paid on time. Working from home was nice.

Cons

Where to start? Executive Management have no clue what they are doing or what is going on around them. They do not reward the good employees and let the non performers or the complainers walk all over them. The benefits are terrible. I have never seen so much turnover, and that is taking into account that staffing industries are typically higher than most. They are extremely cheap. I have a hard time believing the positive reviews on Glassdoor unless management forced employees to write them or the reviews are from contractors who have no idea what is really going on.

Look at what's going on around you.....really look. Are the senior leaders the right fit? Are they truly looking out for VisionIT or themselves? Get smaller clients who don't have as much vendor competition and better margins so that we can fill orders consistently and make money.

The CEO is a nice and approachable guy, but if he doesn't make some changes and fast, the company he built will be no longer.

Know that every employee left is looking for another job.....and that's a fact.

5. Very happy with VisionIT

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Delmar, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Delmar, NY

I have been working at VisionIT full-time (less than a year)

Pros

First of all, the recruitment was painless. Usually a recruiter requires me to do all kinds of reworking of my resume to point out areas that the client is particularly interested in, but in the case of VisionIT, Ann did it for me. She called me and interviewed me, then put together a splendid redo, including reformatting of my resume. She presented me to the client and I was hired after a 30 minute phone interview. Ann was also there for me when I went through some challenges on the job with our client. I was able to reach out to her, and she provided gracious support when I needed it most. I've also successfully received answers to every single question I've asked VisionIT HR, including other individuals, within 30 minutes. The only company I've worked for that comes close to VisionIT is Fleet Bank, which is no longer an entity. I highly recommend VisionIT to anyone who is tired of the rat race and wants to come home to a real company.

Cons

Compensation and benefits are outstanding. Cons would be no paid vacation (LOL)

I hope to remain with this company for a long time.

Great stepping stone, but not a long term solution

Current Employee - VMS Talent Agent in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - VMS Talent Agent in Detroit, MI

I have been working at VisionIT full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great work atmosphere, great perks (work from home days, flex scheduling), and great teams.

Cons

Staffing is their secondary line of business, no room for advancement, those in management don't handle conflict well. The VMS accounts they work are VERY crowded. On one account VisionIT is one of 400 vendors, and yet still expected to get every hire offered.

Diversify your accounts. Don't tie new recruiters to VMS accounts. Its handcuffs them from expansion and discourages them when we dont make your measly $200 flat fee commission. You need to open up more lines of advancement.

7. VisionIT is overall a great company

Current Employee - Program Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Program Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at VisionIT full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You can work independently, they have good benefits, there is always great and open communication between colleagues. They have a great work-life balance

Cons

There is not much ongoing professional training. If you don't speak up, the work will continue to pile on until you say that you need some additional help.

You are doing a great job, but give your employees some incentives to work even harder

8. Great Company to Work for

I have been working at VisionIT full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This company is innovative, entrepreneurial, team oriented and a great place to work. There is a genuine concern for our consultants as well as the team members. We are growing fast and that makes every day an exciting challenge. I recommend this company highly

Cons

Well there is a lot of work to do and we are all very busy. Some people may find that as a "con" but I do not. That is a sign of our company's success.

Continue to have quarterly updates. This has greatly improved internal communications. We would like to hear from all departments when possible,

9. Vice President

Former Employee - Vice President in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Vice President in Detroit, MI

I worked at VisionIT full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very good group of people with an excellent list of clients to support.

Cons

Owners have a hard time of releasing the reins to the senior leaders.

10. Employees are appreciated for talents - Non Political Work enviorment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at VisionIT full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Understanding and Flexible management staff. Chance to grow and add to your skill set. Upper Management listens to employee base and makes changes to improve work environment and experience. New HR leadership is fantastic and is really taking action and getting involved with employees. Very friendly non-political office.

Cons

Health benefits are on the high side, but that is trend at every place of employment right now.

Keep up the good work of listening to the employees suggestions. The recent fun lunches and games are great, keep them up.

11. VisionIT continues to lead in encouraging collaboration

I have been working at VisionIT full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Our COO is leading a group within the company that is driving innovation, process improvement. I applaud VisionIT for getting employees involved in driving positive changes to keep us focused on our goals and remaining competitive.

Cons

There is a lot of opportunity for growth here.

Keep up the great work and thank you for caring out the people within this great organization!