Visionary Integration Professionals

Be The First To
Add Photos

Visionary Integration Professionals President and CEO Jonna Ward

Jonna Ward

Platform to build your own career

Project Manager (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsI rarely write reviews. However looking at some of the recent negative reviews, I decided to pitch in. I have been working full-time for VIP for over 6 years and have found it to be a rewarding and fulfilling employer. I have over 18 yrs of IT consulting background including many years at $1Bil+ revenue companies so definitely have a point of reference. I think the work culture in the company is highly entrepreneurial and rewards initiative by an individual. I believe most of the complainers posting negative reviews are folks that were fired for non-performance.

ConsDifficult to maintain work life balance if you are looking to grow quickly. However, I do not know of any place that provides for that.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue doing what you are doing but try to communicate more about business opportunities that the leadership is working hard on so the line staff does not feel disconnected.

Interesting work - good colleagues

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsChance to work on some very interesting projects with smart colleagues. Have maintained track record with several clients long term. Good telecommuting policy. Management is good at sharing long term goals/vision.

ConsHard to connect with people on other projects...which makes it difficult to learn from others about their successes/challenges that may be similar.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication across the company could be improved. It's not easy to know who works on what other projects.

A solid company that is quickly on the rise

Applications Developer (Current Employee)

ProsThe salary and benefits are competitive especially for newly graduated University students...

Cons... however, they pale in comparison to the salary of the client we worked alongside. In addition, some positions offered will leave an employee feeling like an outsider at the company. Still, company policy is not out of the ordinary so if you can adjust to life at an office, there's not too much to complain about.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Simple, rewarding

ProsPaychecks are delivered on time.
    Whenever I have any issues with the company I get a very quick and prompt response

ConsYou won't get paid over time for any of the work that you do for clients, even though the clients are paying for every hour over 40 that you're doing

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that the pay reflects the salary

It was fine as this type of work goes. There are definitely some spammers posting here for the Prez or HR.

Tech (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsSeriously, the 5 star reviews here should just be overlooked, ignored. Such obvious spam. Benefits were pretty good. No one at "corporate" knows what any field ($ producing) employees are doing. Everytime someone comes around it is like "what is it that you do again?" Every time HR/reruiting needs to replace someone they ask employees to describe the position. Seems like, were they professional, they would keep track of such trivial information. They are too busy with picnics and such, evidently.

ConsThere are quite a few. "Support staff", particularly, HR, are WAY too powerful given that they are staff and not line. People producing the hourly billing should be at the center of their attention, but they are not. For a company that is doing so well, according to themselves, they docked employees their 401 match for several months after they got in a cash bind during/after the Fed gov't shutdown. Pretty cheesy. And the Prez said in an email, that the short fall was only a million. If you only have a million in your war chest, then you are managing poorly. I mean very poorly.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire whoever is in charge of treasury services. When you need money, go to a bank, not your employees 401k. Employees 401k's are not your working capital slush fund. I will have to rate VIP down for "outlook" as, a million dollar pinch almost ruined them. Raiding 401k is a pretty drastic thing to do.

Fast Paced, Challenging, Rewarding

ProsVIP is an amazing place to foster your career in technology. Whether you are entry-level or have been around technology for many years, VIP can be a great fit. There is indeed a sales-driven culture, at least in the departments I interface with, but also a culture of community and outreach. I'm proud that VIP often sponsors local events for non-profits as well as awarding our own Women in Technology Scholarship yearly. The company has given me a chance to grow and I have seen others promoted as well throughout my 3 year career here at VIP.

ConsWe are a large company with various business segments so it can be challenging keeping up with what other units are doing.

I would recommend looking elsewhere

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI cannot think of any.

ConsDishonest hiring practices.
    Company has a vindictive and less-professional feel.
    If I were you, I would just keep looking.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop placing false reviews on Glassdoor. We know that these 5 star reviews are not legitimate.

Good if you're looking for a stop gap

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsAbove average salary and benefits package upon inception (if negotiated)
    Direct Supervisors are supportive

ConsNo salary growth or bonuses
    No support and no growth opportunities
    Body shop/Revolving door
    Disconnect between upper management and what is actually taking place in the trenches
    Awful customer service from third-party benefits provider

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide structure in supporting staff to grow from within the company

100 Best Companies to Work for--caliber!!!!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Herndon, VA

ProsDepending on the project and your direct manager, you can learn a great deal. Managers at the program level provide excellent support and direction; maintain easy-going personalities, yet they provoke challenge and motivation. Proud to tell others where I work.

ConsObvious split fidelity between parent and subsidiary company. Employees tend to disappear without a trace nor explanation. Contracts pipeline seems to be drying up. The HR teams conduct a smooth operation, but the employee discounts are a bit lackadaisical.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue the positive momentum and keep expanding the business pipeline. The marketing/branding efforts looks like it is working. And finally, I have seen remarks on the hiring practices of VIP and agree that the PgMP/PMP prinicipals tend to hire a little too quick without proper vetting.

VIP is a great place to hang your hat!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Herndon, VA

ProsAwesome team spirit/feeling like you "belong' somewhere, solid leadership, great work-life balance with flexible work schedule and opportunity to telecommute, a company that really cares about its clients and staff

ConsI might never leave this place!

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for giving back to the community in so many ways - look forward to seeing even more of this!

Worked for Visionary Integration Professionals? Contribute to the Community!