Visions Electronics

Updated Feb 9, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rick Stewart

Entrepreneurial work environment for the hard worker.

Car Install Manager (Current Employee)
    Surrey, BC (Canada)

ProsGood pay structure, open minded mentality, great people to work with, 100% Canadian.

Visions Electronics is definitely a place only for the hard worker if you want to be successful. Which is perfect for me because you get rewarded immediately for hard work. In a capitalist society it makes perfect sense (you get rewarded for what you do). The people at my store are great, everyone is focused on giving a great customer experience and we all have fun doing it.

I like this company because it isn't "top heavy" upper management wise and when need changes need to be done, they really do listen. The company is very people oriented because it understands it's the people in the store that make the business successful.

ConsPay fluctuates during the year (commision based). You also have to put a lot of time in, just as if it were your own business.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate the website, it's the biggest bottleneck regarding image.

If you like dealing with the public and being paid for it, you'll love visions.

Sales (Current Employee)
    Kamloops, BC (Canada)

ProsGreat environment, fun job, write your own paycheck, awesome discount on products, lots of incentives, great employees

ConsPoor Upper level management
    Stress full at times
    Difficult to make decent money at slow times
    Terrible location and Parking
    High turnover of employees

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with employees better.

Great company to work for, little lack of communication from Head Office

General Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat pay structure (commission) and always room to grow and develop. The company always fast tracks its great employees for promotions.

ConsLack of communication from head office, and very little training for managers.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Complete waste of my life. Money is only good in December and January

Sales (Former Employee)
    Edmonton, AB (Canada)

ProsFlexible days, discounted electronics, good training in the tech world, good co-workers trying to help you make a buck,

ConsLong hours, lot's of down time, too much merchandising, short staffed, terrible displays, dirty, cheap looking, all stores need huge facelift, poorly paid warehouse workers that quit every week therefore forcing you to do your own carryouts and sometimes even deliveries.

Advice to Senior Managementneed real training as there are too many old schoolers who's sales advice and pitches are tired and old.

Excellent

Installation Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThis company takes its employee's very seriously, they are a growing company opening new locations every year (unlike other electronics retailers). The ability to pretty much write your own paycheck with the commission structure is now unheard of in this industry, as everyone else has gone to an hourly setup which breeds lazy employee's that aren't driven to provide the best experience to the customer. Have been with Visions for almost 10 years and don't regret a day of it.

ConsBenefits are ok, but I don't use them as my wife's are much better.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you listen to all departments. We are all part of the team and contests and awards should apply to all.

Fun but long hours

Salesmen (Current Employee)

ProsFun , play around with electronics , talk amongst each other, take it easy , take breaks when desired, listen to music all day is awesome, control your pay check , cause its entirely commission based.
    Can make more money every year ,get around 15$ an hour every hour average with 48 hours per week for the first year . Expect more like 18$ second year. expect around 40k a year after 4 years with company then another large raise every year you stay cause you.ve improved selling skills as well as knowledge and have grown a clientele or repeat business.

ConsMany hours are put in solid 48 hours per week , more hours equal more money. some cleaning and moving store stock but its no big deal. Customer service ,
    Not many good benefits.... But i guess ill just book off time when its slow season.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost are great , just perform do the job sell well, everything will be great.

A great place to work if you enjoy learning all of your role responsibilities by yourself.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe other staff, company-wide. Being in the warehouse, doing service and warranty, it really is a plus when you speak to and work alongside with great people.
    The monthly bonuses are also a great incentive.

ConsThe training is very minimal. A lot of the job is learning on your feet. I did not ever receive a performance review. To get a well-deserved raise was like pulling teeth. Management was not very hands-on, from GM to DM.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome more hands-on. Training needs to be delivered and monitored for successful execution of daily operations. Performance reviews need to be done when they are supposed to be. Associate care should be number one, and it takes a back seat to commission and sales.

Not as financially rewarding as it used to be...

Sales (Current Employee)
    Edmonton, AB (Canada)

ProsYou get to sell the latest tech toys, there is the capacity to make a decent living if you want to, usually a good group of people to work with.

ConsHorrible upper management, "boys club", never get rewarded for the work you do, everything is based upon the amount of sucking up you do. People are given positions based on who their friends are, while others that have earned promotions get tossed aside. Margins have declined dramatically, and commission structures change frequently to make sure the big shots at head office can afford their private jets, while the salesperson starves.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that the real people that are making you all rich are the ones in the trenches, and start paying them better.

Worked for Visions Electronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Visions Electronics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Visions Electronics CEO Rick Stewart . All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Visions Electronics employees.