Visiting Angels

Visiting Angels Reviews

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pros:
  • "Relationships were built and it was nice to know I was making a difference in the lives of our elders"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Flexible hours, low pay, no regular schedule, no benefits"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "There are little to no benefits as a caregiver and the pay is low"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Lack of communication from the supervisors"
    in 2 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

First job since I came to vegas but I should have searched around

Pcg (Current Employee)
Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Visiting Angels part-time

ProsFamily owned .. management makes sure everything is done to their standards
Trainer was fun and made any issues we had seem pointless by working thru them with us

ConsDon't pay as much as other companies.. had to do a 16 hour training and then a orientation to be hired..because I didn't have my dl I couldn't work even though j never drove pt around or had them in my car at any time

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to step there game up and pay higher wages ..give more assignments and reevaluate some of their policies

I loved this job! Very sweet clients and people to work with.

Caregiver (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Visiting Angels full-time for less than a year

ProsI would have to say a pro about this company is their very dependable on having clients to work for.

ConsA con would have to be that there is not always nice clients but I would say just make the best of it and get through the day.

Advice to Senior ManagementI love the people I work for, their very professional and I would like to work in management for this company one day.

I loved caring for the elderly, however this company forced the feeble minded into situations that they did not want.

Caretaker, Aide (Former Employee)
Cookeville, TN

I worked at Visiting Angels full-time for more than a year

ProsProviding for the needs of the elderly.

ConsWorking for a boss who took advantage of patients in order to grow and keep her business.

Advice to Senior ManagementBarring empathy towards the elderly which is what it should be all about, the realization that what the patients want and need are in direct correlation to the money she makes thus it is her duty to find a way to fulfill those needs if she is to keep said money.

Find an other Employeer

Caregiver (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Visiting Angels part-time for more than a year

ProsI honestly can't find anything good about this company other than they'll keep you busy until you make 1 mistake and t hen discard you.

ConsThis company will use you, work you to death, and discard you. They are all about money. They don't back up their employees or appreciate them. There are little to no benefits as a caregiver and the pay is low. They don't communicate with their employees when there is a problem, t hey'll just fire you because you are easily replaceable. Find a company who will appreciate you and back you up.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the hard work and sacrifice of your employees. Back them up. Communicate when there is a problem. Don't just discard some one like a piece of trash who has worked hard for your company.

Poorly run company

Home Health Aide (Former Employee)
Kansas City, KS

I worked at Visiting Angels as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGetting to work with very neat people.

ConsThis job is basically a glorified slave. The pay is terrible, no compensation for anything, sometimes dirty conditions in people's homes cause health problems for care givers. The office staff expects you to be available when they call with no regard for your own personal life and obligations. Either drop what your doing and go or lose out. Then they don't contact you for a week with another job.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is key, stay in touch with your employees. And try compensating employees more, benefits would be nice.

Jack of Trades

I have been working at Visiting Angels full-time

ProsHave room for advancement in the company

ConsYou're not compensated for all the different hats you wear.

Advice to Senior ManagementDelegate accordingly and compensate where it's due.

Learned the ropes and left as soon as I could.

Cna (Former Employee)
Tampa, FL

I worked at Visiting Angels as a contractor for more than 3 years

Prosmade good money, met some interesting people, learned a lot about family dynamics as well as inter office cut throat policies.

Consput up with a lot of dangerous situations, health care workers never relieved of duty on time, meaning up to 48 hours after their shift has ended, and paid less than minimum wage for those hours.

Advice to Senior Managementtake care of and respect your workers first instead of office staff (which happens to be family of course) and bottom lines. Your turnover won't be as huge. Deliver what you promise and don't lie to home care workers to sucker them into accepting a dangerous case just to cover your hind end.

apparently not well run company

Caregiver (Former Employee)

I worked at Visiting Angels part-time for less than a year

Prossounds like the employees like working with and taking care of people

ConsCan't believe they pay their employees so poorly! $5-$7.50 hr for being responsible for an ill person and spending sometimes 24 hrs with someone and getting no overtime pay or compensation? Poor communication! they management sounds like they don't care about the employees and aren't willing to make them want to make this a career. with reviews like I've been reading, I would never work for this company and not sure I would engage them to take care of my invalid dad.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, take their suggestions to heart. Happy employees make good employees! Work with them, pay them better. Curious as to why your employees won't go to someone's home if there is a family member there?

Not compensated well

I have been working at Visiting Angels for more than 3 years

ProsGetting to know clients and families was priceless. Relationships were built and it was nice to know I was making a difference in the lives of our elders.

ConsThe pay was terrible. There were no bonuses or benefits. After years of service I didn't have any steady work. I was being assigned clients that were far away and there were times I barely made my gas money back. I worked overnight shifts from time to time and was not compensated well for that time. The excuse for this is that "we don't get paid to sleep" This is so wrong because during overnight shifts, one doesn't sleep for fear of the client's well-being.

I love our office staff. They work their hardest to help keeping things running smoothly.

CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee)
Fayetteville, GA

I have been working at Visiting Angels part-time for less than a year

ProsThey are very flexible. It's easy to work and attend school if you wish.

ConsIt would be nice if we had set hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!!!

Worked for Visiting Angels? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Visiting Angels reviews and ratings. All 58 reviews posted anonymously by Visiting Angels employees.