Visiting Angels

www.visitingangels.com
Profile Unclaimed

It is good and friendly

I have been working at Visiting Angels

Pros

Flexiable, good for part time.

Cons

hours are not consistent, can't make a living on this job alone.

Great People, Great Mission

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danvers, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danvers, MA

I have been working at Visiting Angels full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working at Visiting Angels in Danvers is a joy. The upper management really care about all of the employees, they always try to work around schedules and match caregivers with the best clients for them and vise versa. They have benefit options for staff aides and they even have a holiday party for all staff. The pay is higher than other similar agencies in the area and the office staff is always kind and helpful.

Cons

This is a small agency, with only about 5 people in the office including the director and upper management but they are growing and becoming more knowledgeable about all employment practices and also implementing new benefits and employee appreciation.

My experience with Visiting Angels has been a growth experience as well as a contribution of skills and determination to

Former Employee - CNA in Fort Atkinson, WI
    Former Employee - CNA in Fort Atkinson, WI

I worked at Visiting Angels part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

my boss was the best boos I have ever had

Cons

no staff back up. On call service was not very helpful

Communicate better with your staff with meetings at least every 6 months

Too many shady things happen with this company.

I worked at Visiting Angels

Pros

I worked for VA in Little Rock, AR for almost 3 years. I worked in the office so I saw first hand how clients and caregivers were treated. Caregivers are under paid for all that they do. Clients are ignored and their wishes are put aside alot. It's all about the money to the owner. I loved the clients and getting to know them. I loved getting to know the caregivers. I had empathy for both. However I was the only one that did! There is shady stuff that happens in the office. I was let go when I started asking questions about stuff and refused to lie. I watched the office lose so many good employees due to the owner and office manager lies and covering their butts. Background checks are done but they send cg to clients before they come back. The same is true of drug test. It's sad! They change client rates and lower cg pay. All about the money! I gave so much time to this company and it went unappreciated.

Cons

Awful office management and ownership. Alot of inappropriate stuff is said by owner. He is on verge of sexual harassment with his comments.

Learn how to treat your staff and appreciate them. It's about the care of the clients not all about the money. Be honest and not lie to cover up your mistakes.

controling staff and communication about clients although hours were available anytime I wanted them.

Current Employee - CNA in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - CNA in Renton, WA

I have been working at Visiting Angels full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I like working one on one.. Angels allowed me to do what I enjoy doing.got me hours and was offered fill in positions often.

Cons

concerns should be addressed seriously thus avoiding burnout. Felt like I was obligated to take client because they asked. need medical and millage, at least between clients. our employer doesnt change when we change clients. this should be time on the clock and millage should be included as well.

dont be so pushy.begging to take a client because you have no one else available. and fake concern is an insult to your employees. we know when you are not listening to us and that is confirmed when nothing is done about the situation. please appreciate your staff... we are worth it....

Currently an Angel

Current Employee - Home Health Aide in Ponca City, OK
    Current Employee - Home Health Aide in Ponca City, OK

I have been working at Visiting Angels part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have had the privilege of working with this company for the last 6 months, and I have to say I've been amazed at the quality of care provided. I love caring for people one to one. Our caregivers are folks who have a calling to do this type of work. The owner and my boss really care about me and my clients, they are always interested in finding new ways to help our clients in their home. I'm proud to be an Angel.

Cons

there is alot of travel but I can work my errands around my clients so I enjoy it

Bunch of liars!!!!

I worked at Visiting Angels

Pros

I worked at this company for several years and enjoyed interacting with the clients and caregivers. I loved my job until certain changes in staff and overall philosophy created a decline in customer service.

Cons

The clients needs were often placed out the wayside and no one would care when I would express legitimate concerns. I felt as if they had no rights and everything was money-driven. The pay was low and there were no benefits. I was paid little for mileage not to mention wear and tear on my car.

Support your employees and listen to what they have to say. Chances are if they have a concern about something it's for a reason and should not be taken lightly. Remember that customer service is first and foremost the most crucial and important thing about this job.

Unstable work environment - worst place I have ever worked at!

I worked at Visiting Angels

Pros

Loved interacting with the families and most if the fellow employees.

Cons

Owner only cared about the money - no respect for employee. Believed in blaming all the staff employees for the revenue declines.

Try focusing on the people that work hard for you and the money will come. Treat people well and they will work hard - just because some agree with you does not mean they respect you!

Too much work for too little money.

Former Employee - Office Manager in Berea, OH
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Berea, OH

I worked at Visiting Angels full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The clients were wonderful and the majority of caregiver's were great. There is room for growth when you are in management and room for advancement.

Cons

The work never ends and there is truly no time off. This is a 24/7 365 day buisness that has to be supervised and in this line of work emergencies are frequent.

Audit your franchise to make sure the way they run their businesses doesn't hurt the overall name.

working as a varegiver

I worked at Visiting Angels part-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you have no high school diploma

Cons

a lot of responsibilities with low pay

raise minimum pay