Visiting Nurse Association of Boston

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Reynold G. Spadoni

A mission oriented company with a committed staff top to bottom

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Association of Boston

ProsOur mission in the community, our reputation for excellent care for the most complex cases. We have a staff that lives the mission whether in the field or in the office. It's not an easy job to be in health care these days, but from the front desk to the nurse in the field, the patient comes first.

ConsIt's not only the VNA of Boston, all of health care these days is going through change and it can be difficult sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe bold, home health care is the future and we should put more resources into transforming our services.

Dedicated nurses, poor managers

Social Worker (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

I worked at Visiting Nurse Association of Boston full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNurses and clinical staff are dedicated to patients, patients are appreciative and thankful, office locations are convenient and easy to get to.

ConsPoor management. Managers play favorites, see staff as disposable. Safety in the community is said to be a priority but in reality you are on your own.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate and maintain a team environment. Train mangers to lead. Ensure everyone feels safe during visits.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Homecare Provider Willing to stand up for Patient Rights

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Association of Boston full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe VNA of Boston has been in the Boston market for over a century. In my opinion, while the challenges in this field have presented a lot of changes to the organization they have remained committed to the patients and to the communities they serve.
The staff at the VNAB are top notch. It has to say something that many employees have been with the company for 20+ years

ConsLots of changes in the healthcare arena. Not always easy to keep up with all of these changes. Documentation has changed over the years, but I assume that is true everywhere

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to support the patients first.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great organization, an honor to work for.

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Association of Boston

ProsThe Mission statement and commitment to the communities they serve is excellent. The nursing staff are very committed, to the patient population with an emphasis is on the care of the patient and their families. Committed to the overall health and environment of the patient. Responds to crisis's in a patient's health care in an efficient and professional manner.

All in all a great organization and an honor to work for with great job satisfaction..

ConsRegretably on the downside; the management staff is more likely to hire and maintain employees based on popularity and personality rather than on skill sets , and dedications demonstrated. The ideals and culture expressed in the mission statement to the community they serve are not applied the clerical / administrative staff they hire. The administrative staff are not as committed, as the nursing staff. More emphasis is placed on a younger staff rather than an committed staff. The Visiting Nurse's Association of Boston would better serve their communities if they focused on maintaining / hiring employees who supported the culture and backbone and history of the organization as well as rising to the challenge of the current changes in health care industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen reviewing clerical / administrative staff look for individuals who are dedicated to the mission and culture of the organization and customer service. Look for people who are passionate about their jobs. The health care industry is changing and it is dedication and hard work on the back end of the organization as well as the front end that will be needed to survive the many challenges going forward.

Worked for Visiting Nurse Association of Boston? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Visiting Nurse Association of Boston reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Visiting Nurse Association of Boston CEO Reynold G. Spadoni. All reviews posted anonymously by Visiting Nurse Association of Boston employees.