Visiting Nurse Health System

Visiting Nurse Health System Reviews

Updated December 8, 2014
Updated December 8, 2014

Mark Oshnock

Great company with strong mission and dedication to patients and staff.

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Health System full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity to be part of a mission based organization. Competitive pay and benefits for its industry. The employees are the best part of the company who share a common belief in the vision and the values of the organization. Company provides the opportunity for flexible work schedules, excellent orientation and continuing education for clinicians.

Cons

Changes to the health care industry with respect to compliance and regulations can be challenging - employees must be willing to be adapt to an ever-changing environment.

job

Current Employee - Goffer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Goffer in Atlanta, GA

Pros

none at this point. going down the tube

Cons

crazy vp, lies and pretentious

none at this time plz

Overall, it was a good experience. I would recommend employment with this company,

Former Employee - Field Nurse in Evansville, IN
    Former Employee - Field Nurse in Evansville, IN

I worked at Visiting Nurse Health System full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Rewarding job with supportive co-workers and flexible scheduling.

Cons

Time required for documentation is excessive. Documentation processes are not streamlined. Travel can be extensive.

Consider making provisions for dictation to allow nurses to have more time with patients. Also, consider taking more of a geographic approach to scheduling to cut down on non-productive time in a vehicle.

Great company delivering on it's mission to provide quality, cost efficient post acute care to Metro Atlanta community.

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Health System full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Awesome team committed to the mission. Highly skilled clinical team dedicated to the patients served. Good work environment, offering work/life balance.

Cons

Heavily regulated industry requiring strategy changes based on legislation.

Caring management staff

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Health System full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The management and office staff are considerate and fair. Good communication

Cons

Compensation is very varied. The visit documentation program needs a complete overhaul.

Review clinician salaries and improve compensation.

Wonderful mission! Staff and volunteers who truly care 24/7

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Health System full-time

Pros

It's inspiring to work alongside a compassionate and professional staff and to know you are making a difference in improving patients' lives. Our mission is to provide healthcare regardless of a patient's ability to pay; without Visiting Nurse Health System those with the greatest need would not receive the quality healthcare they deserve. The longevity, stability and reputation of the organization makes me feel good about coming to work everyday.

Cons

The healthcare environment is ever-changing so success requires dedication and flexibility.

Continue providing the great training for staff to keep us on the cutting edge of healthcare changes.

Great company to work for.

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Health System

Pros

Great clinical team that provides the best patient care in the Atlanta area. Home health, hospice, long term care are excellent. Great office team as well.

Cons

Atlanta traffic but lots of flexibility.

Continue to keep great employees!

No Improvement in years

I worked at Visiting Nurse Health System

Pros

Coworkers and patients, opportunity to learn

Cons

Unstable staff, changes in management with no explanation. Not notified that executive director was gone until gone several weeks. Opportunities come and go, same people are tapped for opinion over and over, no opportunity for input and opinion of all. Horrible health insurance, many in office do not attend to health care needs due to expense, in the long run more expense is incurred due to putting off tests, follow up and medications recommended by doctor. Is this appropriate for a healthcare provider?

Field clinicians encounter numerous examples of no accountability in the field every day, no follow up, poor care and favoritism by management. The more visits the more respect, not the example we should be sending. The clinicians who provide excellent care and do a normal 6 point day are frowned upon and not team players! What do you want more visits done poorly or a good job done in an eight hour day?

The CEO is under an illusion as to why there is high turn over

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Health System full-time

Pros

Benefits and coworkers are the pros.

Cons

During orientation, the CEO predicts that many won't make it 6 mths. Spend some time in the offices. Watch the schedulers badger RNs/LPNs to take additional patients. You burn us out, so we go where we can see a reasonable case load. We are paid per visit, so of course we would like to see as many visits as possible. At some point the quality declines and enough is enough. It is not unusual to get a call that the admit nurses are full and can you help us as we have 10 uncovered admits. There is huge pressure to take on more visits every single day. I can not have my day planned at 8:00am like the CEO can because I am getting scheduler calls at 9:00am and 10:00am with additional assignments. It makes it hard to adhere to the patient rights of knowing when their nurse is coming.

Implement the regulatory required SOC/ROC/RCT/Problematic multidiscipline (including the aides, social workers, PT/PTA, OT/COTA, ST, RN/LPN) weekly conferences. I have to try to find out from my patients what the plan is for the other disciplines. Have managers that are actually in the office more days than not. Some managers think the field folks get assistance from the office staff and that is not usually the case. The CEO and senior leaders should spend a day in an office every quarter and ride with a clinician in the field every quarter. Four offices and four quarters. You will easily understand your turn over and opportunity for improvement. By the way, JACHO has a different survey focus than the State, so don't let a super JACHO survey lull you into further complacency Mr. Oshnock, it is time for you to get your finger on the pulse. It is apparent that you really just do not know.

Company you don't want to work under.

Former Employee - Staff RN in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Staff RN in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Visiting Nurse Health System part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I was paid on time.

Cons

First, the orientation left a bitter taste in my mouth by one of the CEOs statement that most of us would not be there or make it six months. Orientation wwas subpar at best and i was expected to be on my own one day when one of the nurses called in sick.

Get more help...