Visiting Nurse Health System

Wonderful mission! Staff and volunteers who truly care 24/7

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Health System full-time

Pros

It's inspiring to work alongside a compassionate and professional staff and to know you are making a difference in improving patients' lives. Our mission is to provide healthcare regardless of a patient's ability to pay; without Visiting Nurse Health System those with the greatest need would not receive the quality healthcare they deserve. The longevity, stability and reputation of the organization makes me feel good about coming to work everyday.

Cons

The healthcare environment is ever-changing so success requires dedication and flexibility.

Continue providing the great training for staff to keep us on the cutting edge of healthcare changes.

Great company to work for.

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Health System

Pros

Great clinical team that provides the best patient care in the Atlanta area. Home health, hospice, long term care are excellent. Great office team as well.

Cons

Atlanta traffic but lots of flexibility.

Continue to keep great employees!

No Improvement in years

I worked at Visiting Nurse Health System

Pros

Coworkers and patients, opportunity to learn

Cons

Unstable staff, changes in management with no explanation. Not notified that executive director was gone until gone several weeks. Opportunities come and go, same people are tapped for opinion over and over, no opportunity for input and opinion of all. Horrible health insurance, many in office do not attend to health care needs due to expense, in the long run more expense is incurred due to putting off tests, follow up and medications recommended by doctor. Is this appropriate for a healthcare provider?

Field clinicians encounter numerous examples of no accountability in the field every day, no follow up, poor care and favoritism by management. The more visits the more respect, not the example we should be sending. The clinicians who provide excellent care and do a normal 6 point day are frowned upon and not team players! What do you want more visits done poorly or a good job done in an eight hour day?

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The CEO is under an illusion as to why there is high turn over

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Health System full-time

Pros

Benefits and coworkers are the pros.

Cons

During orientation, the CEO predicts that many won't make it 6 mths. Spend some time in the offices. Watch the schedulers badger RNs/LPNs to take additional patients. You burn us out, so we go where we can see a reasonable case load. We are paid per visit, so of course we would like to see as many visits as possible. At some point the quality declines and enough is enough. It is not unusual to get a call that the admit nurses are full and can you help us as we have 10 uncovered admits. There is huge pressure to take on more visits every single day. I can not have my day planned at 8:00am like the CEO can because I am getting scheduler calls at 9:00am and 10:00am with additional assignments. It makes it hard to adhere to the patient rights of knowing when their nurse is coming.

Implement the regulatory required SOC/ROC/RCT/Problematic multidiscipline (including the aides, social workers, PT/PTA, OT/COTA, ST, RN/LPN) weekly conferences. I have to try to find out from my patients what the plan is for the other disciplines. Have managers that are actually in the office more days than not. Some managers think the field folks get assistance from the office staff and that is not usually the case. The CEO and senior leaders should spend a day in an office every quarter and ride with a clinician in the field every quarter. Four offices and four quarters. You will easily understand your turn over and opportunity for improvement. By the way, JACHO has a different survey focus than the State, so don't let a super JACHO survey lull you into further complacency Mr. Oshnock, it is time for you to get your finger on the pulse. It is apparent that you really just do not know.

Company you don't want to work under.

Former Employee - Staff RN  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Staff RN in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Visiting Nurse Health System part-time for more than a year

Pros

I was paid on time.

Cons

First, the orientation left a bitter taste in my mouth by one of the CEOs statement that most of us would not be there or make it six months. Orientation wwas subpar at best and i was expected to be on my own one day when one of the nurses called in sick.

Get more help...

No Communication Health Care

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Health System full-time

Pros

Comfortable work Environment, Salary decent, Friendly coworkers

Cons

No one is held accountable for their actions. Other employees can talk down to you, show up late multiple days a week, call out constantly, not take calls, not return messages and so on and so forth without any re-precautions. The communication within this company is non-existent. The field clinicians ( Not all but a good amount) do not communicate with their patients, we get complaints about this constantly. Certain branch employees never take calls or when they do answer they refuse the call. Work morale has gone done immensely because of these issues and has made it almost unbearable to come to work.

Communication needs to worked on greatly for this company and you need to hold employees accountable for their actions.

Poorly managed, financially strapped, unstable organization

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Health System as an intern

Pros

Patients seem grateful for the work of our clinicians. Co-workers are generally friendly.

Cons

Don't expect to feel very secure about your job. VNHS consistently struggles to make payroll, which has resulted in yearly mass layoffs, stagnant wages, and unmanageable workloads. The main problem is a lack of communication between departments, from those responsible for accepting referrals to the people in charge of billing claims. Management is unwilling to receive advice from employees, often preferring to hire costly consultants that make time intensive, unproductive changes to the company. Often a department will shut down in corporate with all laid off, only for senior management to realize the mistake and create a very similar department months later with new, less compensated hires.

Home Health Nursing

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Health System part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company is great for nurses seeking an opportunity with patients in their home setting. It offers autonomy, flexibility, and training which provide a good environment for a more enjoyable nurse and patient interaction.

Cons

high staff and management turn over

Rewarding, challenging and yet an outstanding place to work at times.

Current Employee - PHYSICIAN SUPPORT SPECIALIST  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - PHYSICIAN SUPPORT SPECIALIST in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Health System full-time for more than a year

Pros

The relationship with your co-worlers, the phyicians and the staff of the physicians.

Cons

Lack of communication between management and other departments and management and staff.

Communication, communication, communication to each other as well as the staff members.

Beware false promises

I worked at Visiting Nurse Health System

Pros

Great coworkers, decent pay and benefits. No pressure to inflate number of visits, they let you use your professional judgement for what the patient really needs.

Cons

They promise territories to you during interviews/orientation that don't always exist. Tough getting enough visits for a full paycheck. Computer system is dreadful.

Keep a close eye on clinical managers and whether work is being evenly distributed to clinicians.

Worked for Visiting Nurse Health System? Contribute to the Community!