Vista Dental

Add Photos

Gary Pond & Tony Martell

Honest review

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Racine, WI

ProsThe people! How many jobs have you had where you can not stand the person working across from you? At vista-dental management has insisted on only hiring the best fit and positive people for each position. Vista is a small business with big dreams! Why not be apart of a business that has dreams big?!?!

I have read a lot of comments on here about backorders and management not caring. Backorders happen... They will not be corrected over night, but the future is looking bright! With a small business patients is key... Management does care... ( I am not management nor am I HR) If you go to the people in charge with a suitable complaint or concern, you will see that management will give you their undivided attention. Remember this is not a fortune 500 company. It is a small company, and management has a lot on their plate. I RECOMMEND VISTA-DENTAL!

ConsTrust Issues. Management needs to trust and listen to others. Managements solution might not be the only correct solution. Listen to the small details your employees have to offer. Don't put the idea of doubt into your employees as it will reflect onto your customers... Also no company outings... Show a little pride in your company and take them out and do something fun! It can only grow the moral!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementStay positive, listen to your employees, trust that person to do the job ( that's why you hired them). Don't micromanage. Reward your staff. Make coming to work an enjoyable thing. All in all... Water the plant and it will grow.

Current Employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company has very innovative products and a promote from within commitment.

ConsThe buildings kind of old and my commute is longer than I anticipated

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be discouraged by the comments of a few losers.
    Improve customer service levels.

Truth Resides Between The Disgruntled & Satisfied Reviewers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSee other reviews. The future appears bright but regulatory compliance is an issue.

ConsExecutive management micromanages or dictates and FLIP FLOPS on decisions, not a collaborative style, everything goes up the ladder, cross functional responsibilities, and high attrition rate in QA. Observed intimidation, fear & demeaning remarks by owner to employees. Inability to set expectations beforehand. Displays favoritism. Forces reassignment of workers to other dept's.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to be more collaborative. Speak more of others attributes and a job well done. View mishaps as opportunity for improvement. Stop FLIP FLOPPING and learn to trust the abilities of subordinates. Allow managers to function like managers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Land of Disgruntlement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt's a job if you don't have one and pays slightly better than unemployment.

ConsA dead end because it appears to be a struggling company. Products are not produced or imported in a timely manner and customers are given false promises. Bills for supplies are sometimes not paid on time further hindering production. New products are "sold" before they are even produced. Often the equipment has quality issues and results in exasperated customers and poor customer retention. The only positive review on this site was written by HR in a feeble attempt to enhance the company's image. I can't imagine that anyone with any real HR education and knowledge of proper protocols would even find this acceptable, let alone encourage it to continue. Dishonest, narcissistic management with a complete lack of integrity, high employee turnover due to below average pay and the lowest morale I have ever seen in my career. Anyone who has actually worked in a professional environment walks away from this situation appalled by the way both employees and customers are treated and disrespected. I have worked for both small businesses and large corporations and have never experienced anything like it. I am not a person who would ordinarily bother to write a review on anything, positive or negative but in this case I feel potential employees deserve to know the truth so that they can make an informed decision. I wish I had known the things I have read here before accepting a position, because they are all true and these reviews are consistent over time. This is not a place for those with a drive to succeed. These people leave on their own, and quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would not do any good to offer advise because it is pointless. Nothing will ever change or improve as both employees and customers are regarded as disposable. It is sad and shameful.

Prospects beware

Inside Sales (Former Employee) Racine, WI

ProsThe most current review of this company is interesting. Regardless of laid off or fired the company is run poorly. The culture is awkward. I personally think that management members are sociopaths.

ConsMy short time there I spent my day apologizing to customers and making excuses as to why product is not shipping or what back order time line is. To my knowledge this has not changed much. We sold vapor product. It's not a place where you can grow.

Advice to Senior Managementquit , retire or sell your company

Satisfied

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Racine, WI

ProsCo-workers, compensation, benefits, personal touch of a small business. Cookouts, dinners, lunches, computer program, tuition reimbursment, gifts for the holidays. Went through a transitional period and got all the negative attitudes, and performers out! (Has been such a relief for the rest of us!)

ConsThat the people that wrote these other reviews have not taken any accountability for what they did/didn't do to be laid off and/or let go. It's a shame people can write these things, when it is not an accurate picture of the company as a whole.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the positive attitude. It has had a great impact on the rest of us! We love seeing you on the floor! Keep communicating with us the things that are going on through out the company, it's nice to be in "the know" even though we know you can't tell us everything about every decision that is made. So exciting to see our company growing and new people being added to our teams.

Do not accept a job offer!!!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNone that I could think of other than it barely paid better than unemployment,

ConsCEO micromanages, is very shady, instructs to go against GXP ie. backdating documents or procedures.
    CEO also appoints people into positions that they are NOT qualified for.
    CEO is very demeaning, has his favorites. Hourlies are the gum upon his shoes that he walks on.
    CEO is narcissistic and thinks that he is doing you a favor by giving you a job.
    LOW PAY. Vista pays nearly half of the "going rate" for the area.
    Mandates 9 hour days for salary, yet pays a part time wage.
    Building is very old and decrepid. The temperature in the buidling during the winter is so cold people have to wear their coats and also have space heaters in all areas of the building.
    Rodent infestation. When I was employed there, the conference room reeked of decaying rodents.
    No clean room setting for filling solutions, more of an open warehouse setting.
    Moral is low, CEO plays upon the job economy and complacency of employees.
    CEO pits staff against each other, talks negatively about senior management, gives inside information to people that have no business knowing of his shady plan of action
    Backstabbing, coniving, coworker/superiors.
    Dark and dreary atmosphere. The building alone reminds you of a former insane asylum. Hard to keep a positive outlook working in that type of environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementCEO, get yourself a reality check. Lose the ego and stop differenciating your hourly's from salary's. The hourly's are the ones that in the end make you your buck. Quit lining your pockets with the profits and invest in qualified people to do the job. If you aren't happy with the employees performance get rid of them instead of moving them into another dept. Stop talking behind your staff's backs.

I should have ran. Longest 3 years of my life so far.

Prosthe ladies getting candy for valentines - (yea that bad)

Conspetty clicks. Constantly ''restructuring'' happening ,even down to the president of the company. Turnover is so high that even our dealers wonder what is wrong . Many people looking for new jobs and the ones that have been there for so long want to leave but are just to lazy to look. Hard to have a good attitude with the fake concern for employees. Backorder issue is a joke, phones are hardly answered. Morale is so low. Located in the ghetto no amount of fresh paint will make this company look good.
    pay is a huge joke. They want people with degrees and pay them average. Nine hour work days but ETO is based on 8 hours what ?! Insurance sucks. No breaks but if you are one of owners preferred pets you are golden.
    p.s. That satisfied review posted before mine came from one of his precious followers.

Advice to Senior Managementwhy list them when they don't care.

Run for your Life

Office (Former Employee) Racine, WI

ProsYou can be happy when you leave at the end of the day because it's like getting out of prison.

ConsBack stabbing petty co-workers in some areas. Ineffective distrustful management who spend their time micro managing and baby sitting instead of efficiently running the company or improving inventory, quality and delivery issues. Ugly run down office environment in a ghetto -like area. Nine hour work day with no breaks and a short half hour lunch. Low morale, constant turnover, poor pay and unaffordable benefits program. Lots of favortism shown for those who seriously suck up to management. Poor customer retention due to many internal issues and poor employee retention due to all the reasons cited above.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that you will get what you pay for. Low pay and poor working environment will always result in low morale and high turnover. The problems that exist in your company are problems only you can resolve so take some responsibility for the hot mess and do not regard the intelligent employees that leave as malcontents

The Pinnacle Of Unprofessionalism

ProsThere are not any real pros to working for this organization. It is a company one should only consider in a desperate situation until they can secure a position with a more reputable company.
    Very small time operators.

ConsSadly, it is a dreadful office environment from the physical aesthetics to the complete lack of any company culture or cohesiveness. It is the most poorly run company I have ever experienced. Poor management at all levels-not open to any suggestions for overall improvement. They seek to hire experienced employees, pay them half of what they are worth and treat them like toddlers. Very poor benefits package. Management only applauds "Yes" men employees that "drink the kool-aid". Very low morale and lots of turnover. Uncomfortable, "awkward" interaction among employees, no communication between departments, and no defined job responsibilities Jobs are misrepresented upon hiring and employees find themselves doing other peoples jobs as well. There are extreme inventory and back-order problems resulting in many unhappy customers and management does not seem to care about the lost business that results. Product often has quality issues resulting in repair and return issues as well. I question their financial stability at times as they seem to care about the quick buck and not long term customer retention and growth. Results= very frustrated employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to run a company with better planning. Spend the money to have your product shipped expediently so that inventory levels are reasonable and back-orders are minimal. Do not sell product you have not even manufactured. Pay your employees what they are worth and treat them with open communication, dignity and respect. Value and respect your customers and represent yourselves with integrity.

Worked for Vista Dental? Contribute to the Community!