Vista Equity Partners Reviews
Pros – Incredibly sharp senior management and fun culture. The returns have been phenomenal because of the unique focus on enterprise software and impressive number of mastered processes for each step in a company's life-cycle.
Cons – The culture has recently deviated from its initial collegiate stance due to the rapid hiring or new junior people and expansion into Texas. Additionally, as the firm grows, the road to partnership will become exponentially longer. The success of the firm has not been reflected in improved compensation.
Advice to Senior Management – Be careful to retain the strengths of the firm as it scales.
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company
2 people found this helpful
Pros – - Looking for talent for their portfolio companies
- They hire young and bright people [appearance seems to be a tenure of 1-3 years for associates, 10+ years for principals - "in the know" and part of that "circle of friends" environment]
- Higher opportunity to build your career faster working with smaller firms
- Leveraging best practices and best policies approach
- Fast pace, dynamic
- Involved in high growth SaaS businesses - 20 to 30% growth
- High employee retention rate with VEP employees, but reluctant to give out scores for portfolio companies
- Ideal for new MBA grads eager to "prove" yourselves
Cons – - Do not value business experience and background as much as a high aptitude test scores
- You may be sold off with a divestiture if you work within a portfolio company [who knows how this translates to compensation and benefits of the acquiring firm]
- Don't assume that management has your best interest
- Has the appearance that 'they' do not care because things are moving too fast
- Lack of courtesy around interviews, timing and communication
3 people found this helpful
Pros – Great people with a strong commitment to continuous improvement. Strong focus on career development. Fun culture which is key as the pace of work is fast.
Cons – Generally not much negative to state, would suggest that the necessary work ethic is high (personal choice) and a desire to be very good at what you do is critical.
Advice to Senior Management – Keep doing what you are doing. the success of the firm in attracting the best in the industry is a key aspect to the firm's current success.
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend