Vista Solar Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.7
Patrick Callinan

1. I can finally say... I LOVE MY JOB.

I have been working at Vista Solar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Rare group of leaders who recognize that genuine and honest relationships and business processes truly raise a healthy company. Great people with great attitude and great vision with great planning. Open to changes and quick to responding to issues and conflicts. Management is very fair and easy to work with. They also recognize people for their hard work.

Cons

Growing a lot so you have to be excited about opportunities to grow and be willing to give a hand when it is needed. This is not really a con, but can be for people just hoping to do what was asked.

2. System design and Sales engineer

I have been working at Vista Solar full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast growing hard working team. Great opportunity for growth.

Cons

Too many sweets in the kitchen

3. Great Coworkers!

I have been working at Vista Solar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love getting to work with such smart, dedicated professionals. Not only is everyone hard working, but they are also funny. Smart + hardworking + fun = a great work environment, in my book. I also like that we share our office space with SVM (our parent company) - which means more friends, events and celebrations. For example, everyone takes turns bringing in Friday Breakfast! We have a solar car port, and electric vehicle charging stations, which are free to use for employees. Makes me want to buy an electric car! Finally, it’s hard to find a more satisfying industry as a whole. We get to build beautiful solar systems for businesses and organizations. I recommend a job at Vista Solar to anyone who enjoys working hard on projects they can be proud of, side-by-side with great coworkers.

Cons

Luckily, none that I can think of.

Advice to Management

I like that we have started to do anonymous employee shout-out emails. It's fun to know your hard work is recognized by your peers. Please continue making Vista such a positive place to work.

5. Excellent!

Current Employee - O&M Technician in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - O&M Technician in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Vista Solar full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been part of the Vista team for the past few years and I have to say that this is the most rewarding job I have ever had. I have seen the company grow and I feel very fortunate to be part of this team. What I like most about working here is the rewarding challenges and the people I work with. Everyone here is great to work with. PTO and benefits policy are great.

Cons

The stress level can often be high at times but working in this field it is expected. Promotions can take a little time gain.

Advice to Management

More out of the office activities.

Nov 18, 2014Vice President

Thank you for your commitment over the last 5 years! You've seen us grow from a start-up working at card tables and building residential systems to Silicon Valley's top commercial firm. More ... More

6. Great Company great culture

Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Vista Solar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is what makes Vista a great company to work for:
    1. People at Vista: they make it fun to get to work each day.
    2. Startup culture. Close knit family type of environment. Learning environment.
    3. Renewables and sustainability is a big chunk of what I love about my job and Vista Solar.
    4. Last but not least I'm free to be who I am.
    5. Office location and ambience works for me.

Cons

Promotions no particular trajectory. Better compensation would be even better! More time offs. Work flexibility would be appreciated as well.

Nov 18, 2014Vice President

Thanks for the detailed feedback! Our goal has been to build a team of solar professionals who enjoy collaborating with one another to build the best commercial systems in solar and it sounds like ... More

7. Great experience and professional growth with perks

I have been working at Vista Solar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We work as a team on awesome projects and make money building a better way to get energy.

Cons

Small business doing big things so we wear many hats and excellence is a must.

Advice to Management

Keep up the focus on growth and profitability. I suggest we celebrate summer solstice, keep up the healthy perks, and drive home employee development.

Nov 18, 2014Vice President

Making a living saving other people huge sums of money with clean energy isn't a bad gig! Thanks for the advice to management. We've been profitable for the last few years and reinvesting our profits ... More

8. Hard work, but exciting atmosphere and future.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Vista Solar full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone at Vista is super passionate about solar and what they do. Because its a growing company in a rapidly changing industry, there are new challenges and new technologies to learn practically every day. The growing company makes it so everyone has to wear a lot of hats, which can be a great way to learn a lot and sample a lot of aspects of the solar business.

Cons

Because Vista is not a large company yet, its still going through some growing pains. Wearing lots of hats is exciting for learning opportunities and keeping the day to day fresh, but it can also be demanding.

RSS Feed </> Embed