Vistage International Reviews

47 reviews filtered by

Caution - Be Aware

Current Employee - Membership Director in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Membership Director in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Vistage International full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of great employees (individual contributors), Interesting work, great Chairs and CEO customers (members). The CEO Peer group leaders, called chairs, are independent contractors and are generally caring and dedicated to the success of the CEOs who are members of their teams.

Cons

Sweatshop run by two-faced unscrupulous management that promises more than you will ever earn and they will find every little loop-hole to avoid paying commissions and bonuses. If you have candid conversations with any of the chairs, or just about any past empoyee, they will tell you how screwed up the San Diego organization really is.

Practice what you preach. Also actually acting and leading ethically would be a great start.

Amazing culture and a firm of true believers.

Current Employee - Middle Management
    Current Employee - Middle Management

I have been working at Vistage International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Strong culture. Open t innovation. Belief in Devlopment of Everyone. Promotes from within. The services offered truly change lives n a positive way.

Cons

People are stretched hard. Collaborative culture to a fault. Sometimes tough to get a green light.

Simplify structure

Good company that gives you lots of independence

Former Employee - Chair in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Chair in Washington, DC

I worked at Vistage International full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good, strong values. Great colleagues from all over the world.

Cons

You will spend most of your time marketing looking for new members rather than servicing current members.

Heavy Email Culture, quaint workplace environment

Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Vistage International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Go-getters stand out like a sore thumb
    HR team does a fabulous job of assessing individual strengths and providing top leadership resources to learn; Transitions into other careers are rare though.

Cons

Since primary communication method more people are included on email chains than necessary
    Although $2000 tuition reimbursement is available, some skills and certification courses not paid for by the company

The most meaningful chapter in my Book called Life.

Current Employee - Group Chairman in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Group Chairman in Austin, TX

I have been working at Vistage International

Pros

The Vistage culture focuses on personal growth and discovery which is very important to me. I am mentoring the both young and old business leaders which demands more of me as I assist the cross-section of America's small to mid size business leaders.

Cons

The mission statement requires (at least to me) that I am responsible for creating a safe, honest and rich meeting enviroment month after month and year after year. Having 14 to 18 business owners, presidents and CEOs in the moment both in body and mind takes a lot of effort on my part. One-to-one coaching sessions are very meaningful to the members because they see me as their accountability coach.

1. Keep focousing on enriching the experience for our members and 2. Look for the tipping point that will explode our brand as a leading indicator for business success.

Too many chiefs

I have been working at Vistage International

Pros

Exposure to best practices in business through speakers and chairs; a sense of mission among employees. It's a people-driven business.

Cons

Massively dysfunctional place. Chief officers in every department, competing for scarce resources and to protect their fiefdoms. Hierarchical top-down model that was cutting edge in 1957.

Do something truly innovative. Trust your people.

great company that promotes employee development and excellence

I have been working at Vistage International

Pros

Vistage promotes employee development with trainings, book club, etc.

Cons

The work can be very fast paced.

I wish I knew about Vistage earlier in my career.

I have been working at Vistage International

Pros

I've been at other companies that say that they value work/life balance, and then completely disregard that when times were busy. Vistage truly places an importance on making sure employees are happy and not overworked.

Cons

The pay is a little less than other places I have worked. But when you take everything else into account, it is a very minor complaint.

Vistage will push you to the next level. Bright peers, incredible personal and career development!

I have been working at Vistage International

Pros

The status quo at Vistage is overachieving, but in a good way. We've consistently grown 15%, 8%, and 8% in the last three years. You can't ask for better performance and stability.

The norm for employees is to get your MBA at night. You can learn from virtually any of your peers because they are so bright and collaborative. Essentially Vistage is in the business of providing professional development to CEOs, business owners, and executives, so they expect world class customer service and performance from their employees. If you can deliver, the rewards are amazing, not just in compensation but in personal and career development.

Just named one of the TOP 125 training companies in the WORLD by Training Magazine, the opportunity to learn and grow yourself professionally is unparalleled. They leverage what they provide their members for their employees. The amount of revenue they spend in developing their employees and their business coaches is quite rare but it allows them to provide the very best in what's current and new.

The On-boarding of new employees is world class. Not only do you get a nice welcome basket, but you also get assigned a PAL, a buddy from another department to take you to lunch and help navigate your first couple months. You also have the chance to meet with every single department on your first day, so by day two, you already have a bunch of friends and familiar faces.

Overall, I am proud to work for Vistage and intend to have a long career with the company.

Cons

There is a lot of change, but you have to realize that it's good change. Everyday we have CEOs and C-level executives discussing in groups how best to deal with the economy and how to thrive in the new normal. So wouldn't it make sense that Vistage would leverage this knowledge and make changes to anticipate and stay ahead of the market trends?

You have to roll with the punches. If you do, you'll realize you're a better person and professional because of it.

The leadership at Vistage knows what they're doing. Sometimes there can be a disconnect between headquarters and the Business Coaches in the field, but overall we're in it together.

Most of us work at Vistage because we believe in our mission. We believe that if we can help leaders and CEOs of companies, we can make a difference. If a CEO is happy and able to grow his/her company, he/she is providing jobs and essentially driving the economy.

Some people say we're a little company that thinks we're solving world hunger. I say, what's wrong with that? We believe in what we do and we're passionate about it. That's a good reason to come to work everyday.

Great place to work for professional growth

Current Employee - HQ Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - HQ Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Vistage International

Pros

- For someone starting out in their career it's a great learning environment; surrounded by CEO's, talented staff and seasoned professionals.
    - Work environment pushes each employee to do their best.
    - Great benefits and friendly co-workers.
    - Can really see the benefits of Vistage when I talk to Members or Chairs... If I had my own business I would join Vistage because I can truly see it help CEOs with problems they might be having in their company or just to grow as individuals.

Cons

- Ideas have to go through multiple levels to be put into action. If you're a creative or innovative individual, you have to be patient to see you're ideas be utilized.

Take the time to get to know all of your employees- knowing the strengths and weaknesses of your employees will go a long way and help to create new innovative ideas. By focusing on the strengths of your employees you will help feed innovation and creativity because employees will enjoy the tasks they are given and try to excel at their performance.

Vistage International Photos