Vistakon
www.vistakonpharmaceuticals.com Jacksonville, FL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Vistakon Reviews

Updated Jun 21, 2014
Vistakon – Jacksonville – “Vistakon " The Best " subsidiary of Johnson and…”

Vistakon President Dave Brown

Dave Brown

Excellent company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits and good pay.

ConsNo cons, had a good manager!

Educational

Jacksonville, FL

ProsThe people and most people in management really do care about each other and the community they live in.

ConsSome of management are very lazy and try to take credit on projects they had nothing to do with. Before team meetings, there were a lot of "can you tell me your progress on the X project so I can share an update" Why would you share an update on my project?

Advice to Senior ManagementStart pulling your weight and put in a little extra effort.

watch your back

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

Prosyou get paid to do it.

Conswatch your back cause nobody else will. got into a project in jacksonville a long time ago and wanted to finsh it. got stabbed on the back before i could take another breath. jacksonville is a great place but vistakon is a home for psychopaths and other variants of human life waiting for retirement.

Advice to Senior Managementnothing you don't already know.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company and Growth for the city

Staff Engineer (Current Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

ProsCompany is deadicated to city well being.

ConsThe company runs on a 24/7 schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the people that make the conpany profitable "Right"

Top Notch!

METL (Current Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

ProsIf you come to work and make a difference, this place is for you! One of the top first class organizations left in America with competitive salaries, annual bonus, equal opportunity, and a pension. Yes, I said a pension!

ConsThe work load at times can be a little much but at least we have business.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe creative and let's innovate! Take the great supervisors you have and mold/mentor then to relieve you one day. The top talent is in the building, find them and help them flourish. Don't wait on them to apply for a job.....Seek them!!!

Demanding, great work environment and work-life balance.

Jacksonville, FL

ProsSuccessful company, good balance and environment, great people. Jacksonville is a nice place to live and the cafeteria here is excellent

ConsSometimes had a lot projects going on at the same time, but the goals were constantly changing. The location is nice, although close to the highway which makes for terrible traffic when leaving the site at peak hours.

Uneven management, non-transparent culture.

APD (Former Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

ProsSome great people. Great work like balance.

ConsPoor talent management, Credo was a piece a paper not a guiding document. Too often the company was not flexible to changing marketplaces. Middle-management was often just picking up a paycheck, hurting advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a flatter culture and promote on outcomes, not activity. Create a flexible talent management process. Your golden handcuffs cause tenured employees to sit back and coast.

Good

Process Engineer (Former Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

ProsBrand Value. Good people to work with. Relaxed work. Great company culture. Good compensation. Safety given highest priority

ConsUnpredictable layoffs.Very little chance to become a permanent employee.Do not count on the length of contract in Contract agreement.

Challenging, stable and innovative

Process Engineer (Former Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

ProsThis is the leader in contact lens R&D and manufacturing where the technology is far ahead of the competition. Working there is challenging and rewarding where work output equals reward. I enjoyed working there and learning the contact lens manufacturing process. Great place to manage working and raising a family. The Jacksonville site is a short 20 minute drive to the beach after work!

ConsTypical large Fortune 100 company where there are routine layoffs, excessive paperwork and decision making process is at a glacial pace from R&D to Manufacturing.

Terrible direct management and politics

Territory Business Manager (Former Employee)

ProsQuality product, great benefits, company car and expenses.

ConsMicro management that hinders job performance moving market share with so many mundane time consuming reports. Let go of good reps before they have time to even build their territory and other top reps for unknown reasons. If you don't politic, it doesn't matter how great your numbers are, you will be gone. They only reps who move ahead are the ones who "play the game". Management blames reps to save themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive people at least a year to grow territory before trying to run them out and stop hiring managers incapable of guiding their teams.

Worked for Vistakon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vistakon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Vistakon CEO Dave Brown. All 32 reviews posted anonymously by Vistakon employees.