Vistaprint Reviews

1. Featured Review

Great place to work

Current Intern - Software Engineer Intern in Lexington, MA
    Current Intern - Software Engineer Intern in Lexington, MA

I have been working at Vistaprint as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Growth:
    There's a great deal of talented engineers that work here. Getting in touch with the right people will open up opportunities for a great advancement in your career. Many people are very friendly and approachable.

In my specific case, I had a team that really cared for me. They made sure I wasn't working long hours and made sure that I was comfortable with the amount of work I was being given. I'm sure that if I asked for more or less work they would've made that adjustment for me.

Work/Life balance:
    Being an intern, I was tied to a 40-hour work week, but I do know that some salaried members would go over that time in order to meet deadlines. I'm sure the balance is variable among teams, but I had an overall good experience with the balance.

Culture:
    As an intern, I had the opportunity to meet many of the executives at Vistaprint, as well as partake in various intern events that were quite fun. We even had an opportunity to see one of their manufacturing plants!

There's weekly happy hours known as "The View", where employees can get together and relax once the week is finally coming to a close.

I like the direction that the company is taking. I'm excited to see the changes that are being made and the reasoning behind these changes. Re-organizations also mean that teams will be more tight-knit than what they were before, which will allow them to better collaborate. This will in turn increase efficiency of all members across the board.

Cons

Upper Management:
    There needs to be a closer tie between upper management and developers. Although there are attempts to be on the same page about progress on various projects, I believe that a little more effort can be made. However, it does seem like the company in general is moving in a direction that will make it easier for these parties to interact, which is great.

Advice to Management

Take a look at who isn't pulling their own weight. Micro-managing isn't a good thing, but sometimes it's necessary to step in to make sure that you have an idea of what's actually going on.

2. Alright - nice people and environment

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Lexington, MA
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Lexington, MA

I worked at Vistaprint

Pros

Good work environment, lively people

Cons

Tiring, long interview process, had to work late many days

3. Lots of fun!!

Former Intern - Intern in Lexington, MA
    Former Intern - Intern in Lexington, MA

I worked at Vistaprint as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

friendly office. intelligent people. great snacks.

Cons

Location (i didn't have a car)

Advice to Management

Fun and supportive work environment! Keep it up!

5. Great internship program

Former Intern - Studio Design in Lexington, MA
    Former Intern - Studio Design in Lexington, MA

I worked at Vistaprint as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of fun activities planned for interns: Red Sox game, dinners, city scavenger hunts, etc.

Cons

Mentorship was subpar for my department - they value software engineers more so than any other positions.

Not a great experience

I worked at Vistaprint

Pros

Very smart CEO who hopefully will have more direct influence on company now that he is based in Lexington. Very good benefits.

Cons

The office set-up is very difficult to work in with no privacy and a lot of noise. A lot of infighting between development and marketing. A snarky culture and "I know more than you do" attitude permeates the office.

Advice to Management

The company should live by the great set of values it professes. Pay more attention to the mid-level employees to get a true read on the company. Stop talking in acronyms!

Great business mission, good opportunities to make a difference. You got to have a certain personality to "fit"

I worked at Vistaprint full-time

Pros

Great people, smart and interesting, there is always someone to learn from. Food trucks and location are great. a New office soon to be built, which will be the state-of-the-art. If you are a top performer, you will be groomed into leadership position, but you got to be a yesman.

Cons

Serious management issues - get ready to have a new boss every six months or so, and you will be placed "on the curve" - every team must have low performers. Don't say anything that your manager does not want to hear (which of course would be "yes").
    Managers/ Directors are promoted from within who should not be managers - guess how they got to be there? by being Yespeople. Some are surprisingly and spectacularly unsecure, despite high levels they are at, which of course, makes life of all around a hell.

It might be a very suitable environment for some, however, associates constantly leave as soon as they find something exciting, usually following former colleagues and managers. did I mention constant reorgs? how about announced "coming soon reorgs" pending for 6 months until management finally gets their act together?

Internal engagement review is another form of collecting management approval - it's not private, what you say will be known immediately to your boss.

Advice to Management

middle/upper-middle management is a thick ugly layer that makes your company unattractive. Some are nice people, but some are just.. politics are rampant. not a healthy environment it once was

Growing pains.... was a great company now so so

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Lexington, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Lexington, MA

I have been working at Vistaprint full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

* Great office building and location
    * Great set of people to work with
    * Geeky folks if you like working in a tech environement
    * Company benefits - Friday happy hour (View), free lunch trucks and some celebration or other.
    * truely high tech with WiFi, Mobile access etc
    * No WFH but flexible schedule as long as you get the job done.

Cons

* Cimpress is the technology hub and Vistaprint is now a marketing organization.
    * Vistaprint has too many middle managers. These managers are figuring what and how to do things. Painful
    * Work takes too long to get done.
    * Not investing in building technology but more so buying and integrating.
    * Team working in all directions which keep changing.
    * Leadership is not true to what they say and very loosey goosey.

Advice to Management

* Better focus
    * Be transparent in communication
    * Rely on core principles to move company forward
    * Take risks

smart company with lots of talent young workers

Former Employee - Software QA Engineer in Lexington, MA
    Former Employee - Software QA Engineer in Lexington, MA

I worked at Vistaprint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

work with many smart and professional people, fast moving with very little politics, promotion is fair and transparent.

Cons

office space is so openly seen and there is no privacy at work, and it gets distracted when you try to concentrate at work.

Advice to Management

change the office space and layout

Great Company

Current Employee - Analyst in Lexington, MA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Lexington, MA

I have been working at Vistaprint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company and culture. There are a lot of smart people here and great opportunities to grow. The benefits are good and they reward good workers

Cons

There is a lot of politics that goes around at the manager level. There is sometimes a lack of transparency in communication

11. Great place to work, little home work balance

Former Employee - Recruiter in Lexington, MA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Lexington, MA

I worked at Vistaprint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company, super management.
    You hire really smart and capable people, but sometimes those people are super mean and just A-holes. Get a no mean people policy, it would help things there. A lot.
    I respect Robert Keane and think he is one of the best CEOs ever. He cares about the people a LOT. Super nice guy, too. Humble.

Cons

They made me feel I never did enough although I got great reviews and was a top performer. Ultimately I left because of this.

Advice to Management

Ease up.

Vistaprint Photos