Vistaprint

Vistaprint Reviews

Updated Mar 31, 2014

Vistaprint Chairman, President, and CEO Robert S. Keane

Robert S. Keane

Pros:
  • "Pretty reasonable work-life balance compared to other companies"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Many very, very smart people to work with"
    in 12 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work is at a frantic 24 hour pace with no regard for work/life balance or vacation time"
    in 6 reviews
  • "very old legacy code base and a lot of people are afraid to touch it;"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Well run company

I have been working at Vistaprint full-time

ProsWell run company run by smart people. Company is growing slower than it once was, but won't settle for slower growth.

ConsExecutive team manages company out of Europe for some reason although most functions are run out of its Boston office.

Love this place

Human Resources (Current Employee)

ProsCareer development

Lateral and vertical opportunities for growth - great people managers and mentors throughout the middle management and leadership team

Amazing culture- energetic colleagues, we all learn from each other. I've never worked with such intelligent coworkers who are open to sharing their knowledge and developing others

ConsShifting priorities / strategy, however if you are building your career and love a dynamic environment, the changes create opportunities for you to grow and challenge yourself

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to build and value internal talent

I would like to come back to Vistaprint.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Vistaprint full-time for more than a year

ProsPay, People, Location, anything I should list about the company are pros.

ConsMaybe the reputation. (compare to Google). When I started, some of my friends confused that if the company has anything to do with Microsoft's Windows Vista. Now they have TV Commercials and I believe that it's not a con anymore.

Best Internship Experience, by far

Marketing Intern (Current Employee)
Lexington, MA

I have been working at Vistaprint as an intern for less than a year

ProsThe internship program at Vistaprint seriously is unlike any other. They give you valuable work and never just put you in a desk to sort paperwork. They also do a ton of extra things for their interns like dinners, free lunches, Red Sox games, etc. You also get great exposure to higher ups in the company to learn more about the direction of things. Would recommend this internship to anyone.

ConsIf you work in Marketing or HR, you won't know if you got a full-time position until the spring, whereas the software engineering interns were given offers at the end of the summer.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Never a dull moment

I have been working at Vistaprint full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI have never worked with smarter and more practical people. Vistaprint hires incredibly motivated individuals and asks them to solve tough problems

ConsOur high growth has caused some growing pains.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Vistaprint full-time

Pros-great set of people
-getting things done mentality

Cons-Cultural and management differences between the offices.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about the share holders not yourself.

Engaging work. Motivated team members. Phenomenal mentorship.

Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Vistaprint full-time for more than a year

Pros- Mentors and buddies are extremely helpful and genuinely want you to learn and succeed.
- Analytics department is full of smart, friendly, and sociable people.
- Each Analyst has their own areas of expertise, but roles are always changing, so there is no hoarding of code or selfish behavior when it comes to sharing information.'
- Great compensation and benefits.
- Structured promotion process, so you know exactly what you need to do to get to the next level (good communication with your manager is still crucial).

Cons- The training process is fairly disorganized, but due to the "learn on the job" and "ask a lot of questions" mentality, you still learn everything fairly quickly through execution. A lengthier and more rigorous training process specific to your role would be helpful.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job! Keep it up! Arrange some facetime with younger members of the team.

Join the growth

I have been working at Vistaprint

Pros- Company continues to grow, which creates opportunities for individuals to diversify their work, expand on their skills, and grow both laterally and up the ladder.
- Company continues to look at new ways to motivate talent to continue to keep them engaged and happy.
- Data driven organization where collaborating is key to success, and encouraged from the top down during globalization

Cons- Things change constantly, so if you're not agile or don't like change in your role, this isn't the place for you.
- Company continues to grow rapidly and there will always be growing pains associated with breaking new ground. Need to be able to roll with it.

Company invested in growth of young, talented employees

Marketing Senior Specialist (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at Vistaprint full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVistaprint is invested in retaining and growing talent. You will be surrounded by great minds!

ConsThe company is getting larger quickly, which risks a slower pace of change (albeit still relatively fast)

Smart people, lots of autonomy

Technologist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Vistaprint full-time for more than a year

Pros- Software development is done The Right Way, and when it isn't, corrections are made
- Access to preferred tools and software without having to fight through red tape
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Generous PTO allocations
- Management is listening to people when they say they want opportunities to move laterally

Cons- Change comes slowly at large organizations.
- Good ideas don't always win out, though they often do. (It helps to have a well-connected champion if you want to change something.)

Advice to Senior ManagementTying performance bonuses for lower-level people to company performance is a bit of a head-scratcher, particularly when the economic situation is Europe is largely to blame for underperformance. There's nothing Vistaprint can really do to move the needle much here.

Worked for Vistaprint? Contribute to the Community!

Vistaprint Videos

Vistaprint – Why Work for Us?

One of The Biggest Things to Ever Happen to Small Businesses. Founded in 1995 and having launched our first commercial website in 2000, Vistaprint is an e-commerce pioneer and the world’s leading online design and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vistaprint reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Vistaprint CEO Robert S. Keane. All 115 reviews posted anonymously by Vistaprint employees.