Vistar Corporation

Add Photos

George L. Holm

Performance Food Group Dallas is a horrible company

ProsThere are no pros for Performance Food Group

ConsVery unprofessional company with no leadership

Big Mistake

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDon't work there any more

ConsExpected to work many hours and account for every minute of time, including no longer than 60 minutes for lunch even if it included doing office functions such as buying office supplies, mailing letters, depositing cash, etc. Lot of big brother watching you and trying to get others in trouble. Very little, if any, teamwork. Approved time off cancelled at last minute with no regards to plans being made, poor management attitude.

Old School

Accounts Payable (Current Employee) Centennial, CO

ProsFree M&M's, Holiday party, decent bonus when it is paid out but not guarenteed.

ConsVery Old school. ERP used is very old, some area migrating over to SAP. A lot of change which can be good but the leadership is very "moody"

Advice to Senior ManagementA lot of people of quiting, look into it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Okay company

Order Selector (Former Employee) Ontario, CA

ProsFriendly coworkers, good benefits (available within first month of employment), rewards and perks for meeting quotas as a group for example top few warehouse locations that have the least percentage of errors per monthly error report, the company will treat employees to a lunch in from any restaurant chosen by employees.

ConsLazy management, lazy forklift drivers, little to no room for advancement, low top pay for size of the company considering it's heavy labor (order selectors top out at $17 hourly and forklift drivers top out at $18 hourly), inefficient WMS, weird shifts (decent shift takes around 8+ years to get to), and poorly maintained equipment. Was told by the warehouse manager when hired I have a good chance of moving to warehouse supervisor in the future (was in the process of completing a bachelor of science degree while employed) and the company hired from outside which was a terrible supervisor because the supervisor before him who got fired for sexual harassment knew the new supervisor from outside of work. Basically its a family and friends company.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hire lazy supervisors, just because he or she has 10 years supervision experience does not make he or she a productive supervisor. Listen to employees more when suggestions are brought up that will help one do his or her job more productively and easily.

Overall experience was okay. Great co-workers.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Centennial, CO

ProsIt is steady work but don't bother to apply if you are afraid of hard work. The benefits are great. Other benefits are offered like cell phone savings and deals for employees only.

Cons"Short staffed" seems to be the common problem in most departments. The bosses have favorites and hard work from some goes unnoticed. Don't get me wrong I was told thank you...but it is who you know not what you know at this company to get a better position. High staff turnover due to dissatisfaction with workload. Antiquated computer ordering system can be difficult for some to grasp.

Advice to Senior ManagementSalaries seem to vary by who you know, not what you know. I would definitely get a handle on that! Some people work really hard, others flitter around and get promoted. This does not go unnoticed by employees and creates low moral.

Roma / PFG Area Manager

Area Manager (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsRoma / PFG / Vistar is one of the leaders in food distribution. The quality of the products that they have branded are in a class above the rest. It is easy to sell great quality products that you can be proud to sell.

ConsIt is a challenge to make money in the food distribution industry at the present time. With the rise of food prices the margin that a sales person can produce is less and less every year. It makes for a very challenging work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's time to look at reorganizing the pay structure for Area Managers. If you want to keep good qualified employees they will need to be paid for the hard work they put into the job. I would recommend a salary plus structure. This will help your employees get paid as well as promote growth.

Overall it was a good place to work

Software Developer (Former Employee) Centennial, CO

ProsThere was a very high retention among the staff, for the most part it was a good overall environment

Consit was often very stressful, it was a sweat shop, they out outsourced

Overall, a fantastic place to work

ProsDecent benefits, dedicated management, friendly work environment, room for advancement, competitive salary ranges and generous, employee focused holiday parties. Many employees with decades of experience at the company.

ConsUnder staffed and worked fairly hard. Too many "people" layers to bring effective change quickly. Some departments seem siloed. Annual raise process is lacking

Great place to work, Worked there for 14 years, Progressive company.

Manager - FP&A (Former Employee) Bolingbrook, IL

ProsBolingbrook location Great management team, forward thinking company .

Consnone good place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood job.

Vistar is an excellent company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Centennial, CO

ProsGreat atmosphere, excellent leadership team, not many levels provides the ability to work with all people

ConsVacation policy is prohibitive, limited 401K options, bonus policy is punitive rather than incentive

Worked for Vistar Corporation? Contribute to the Community!