Visteon

Updated May 25, 2014

Visteon President & CEO Timothy D. Leuliette

Timothy D. Leuliette

40 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Visteon finally seems to have a direction and a chance to be successful.

Associate Director (Current Employee)
    Van Buren Township, MI

ProsVisteon finally has a business strategy and sense of direction that was lacking for most of its history since being spun-off by Ford in 2000. Management desires to succeed and treats people well, and in addition the worksite is quite nice with reasonable work spaces, a good cafeteria and a fitness center on the campus.

ConsYears of staff reductions and very little hiring has resulted in relatively high workloads and stress, and in a rather narrow workforce demographic - most people are between the age of 40 and 55 (although there has been a small amount of hiring younger people recently).

Former engineer

Van Buren Township, MI

ProsGenerally fair with salary and bonus.

ConsConstant cost cutting and job cutting.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to work harder at employee moral

Chaotic with auto industry ups and downs.

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
    Detroit, MI

ProsGood location for my commute. Very hard working peers and immediate management.

ConsThe chaos of auto industry, bankruptcy (brought on to some degree by bad corporate/product strategy and by super-sized exec bonuses) have meant lean times for non-execs at the company. ized exec bonuses) have meant lean times for non-execs at the company. The new CEO decision to decentralize is driving up costs and causing serious organizational disruption. The stock is at its highest and morale is low (even lower than during bankruptcy). The staff reductions and self-induced chaos (from decentralization) is pushing many to their limits and pushing many to leave. There is no work-life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementDecentralization might sound like good market analyst fodder, but in 2-3 years when the CEO has cashed out and moved on, the company will be shattered (along with the people). Outsourcing of IT during a time when you are decentralizing, buying/integrating a new unit and separating other units is an out$ourcing vendor's dream come true.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Constant layoffs from 2001 through bankruptcy in 2009. Lost job along with thousands of other workers.

Designer (Former Employee)
    Van Buren Township, MI

ProsLiked working for multinational company. Very diverse. Given much responsibility without manager interference.

ConsConstant layoffs. Upper management received millions while the workers with many years were released.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate workers.

Company seems to be on the rise since I left.

Product Design Engineer (Former Employee)
    Van Buren Township, MI

ProsI worked at Visteon for many years, and the company never really had a growth plan that worked during my tenure. Now, post-bankruptcy, the company is doing quite well, and they seem to have geared to their strengths.

ConsEmployees were left guessing many times what was really going on within the organization. Personal growth opportunities were not always very apparent on an individual level.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the nimble approach and providing great customer service to gain more customers. Treat suppliers with respect and as true partners.

Employees are expendable resources to be used up.

Plymouth, MI

ProsI had several good years at Visteon, working in advanced engineering and the R&D areas. But those were closed along time ago.

ConsNo work-life balance. As a product design engineer, I was expected to work 7 days a week, 12 hours a day to meet impossible deadlines that I did not set or agree to. Management just cut and cut resources and expected people to work, for free, to make up the balance. As one of the good engineers, I left.

Advice to Senior ManagementNote to management. When I left, you had no clear plan. You treated your engineers like slaves. You paid too little. Demand too many hours. It was a great chance to see what not to do. I've heard it's gotten better, so hopefully someone has learned. But there's a good reason they went bankrupt and they have trouble hiring good engineers. Because we know better.

Lead Chassis Engineer

Lead Chassis Engineer (Former Employee)
    Dearborn, MI

ProsGood products but carrying to much debt

ConsSingle source, tied to much to Ford Motor need to diversify customer base.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-structure your debt, and diversify your customer base.

Too much Upper-'Management' and not enough focus on Staff employees actually executing work plans.

Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee)
    Plymouth, MI

ProsAble to buy time off-if that makes any sense.

ConsUpper Management/Management in general always focused on the short-term, no long-term vision for success. Extremely long hours-weekends were expected to be worked-w/o compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementEliminate all of the 'Associate'-Directors, Senior Managers, and all the top-heavy, non-value-added talking heads and invest in your workforce at the Staff levels.

Good company gone bad

Van Buren Township, MI

ProsGood people at the working level

ConsGreedy upper management, no investment outside of US, care only about Asia

Advice to Senior ManagementGlobal mean NA too.

Long time employee

Systems Engineer (Current Employee)
    Van Buren Township, MI

ProsGreat people (most of them)
    Good work/life balance
    Salary/Bonus top notch

ConsNot enough people to get everything done
    Not enough direction
    Fuzzy goals

Advice to Senior ManagementMake us profitable, then hire more workers.

Worked for Visteon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Visteon reviews and ratings in Detroit, MI — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Visteon CEO Timothy D. Leuliette. All 40 reviews posted anonymously by Visteon employees.