Vistex

Updated November 10, 2014
2.9

Sanjay Shah

Great Industry Experience!!!

I worked at Vistex full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I loved working at Vistex, the people were great and very knowledgeable in there area. I always felt challenged which was a breath of fresh air. The environment was very fast pace and my day always flew by. The company is growing which is a great!!! All my colleagues were friendly and the environment was fun to work in.

Cons

I can't think of a negative thing to say about Vistex.

Don't work here

Current Employee - SAP Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - SAP Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Vistex as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Check again later, thank you.

Cons

Everything you could think of, thank you.

meh

Huge Dissappointment!!!

Former Employee - SAP Consultant in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Former Employee - SAP Consultant in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at Vistex full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get a paycheck every two weeks and you get medical and dental benefits. It should be looked at as a layover to a real job.

Cons

Where would i start. Low Pay, overworked like crazy, Management is clueless especially the IT department. Systems constantly crashing, Managers with ZERO training running the show, because they do the owners bidding. HR is a joke to say the least. The owner rubs nickels together hoping that they will produce a dollar. Low pay for employees while the owner jet's around the globe. The employee base is primarily indian which is fine, but you do not base a company off of H-1 Visa's. This is most definately the most boring place i've ever worked. The management has the owners ear and can do no wrong. If he only knew how badly management has been screwing up he would probably fire the lot of them.

My advise to management is to get some training and act professional to your employee's. Whilst you think you walk on water you are easily replaceable and are one major failure away from getting knocked from your perch (which i personally think is coming round the corner). There is no growth unless you consider growth being overworked to the bone and not getting any thanks for it. Management needs to recognize the employees whose shoulders they constantly ride on..otherwise my feeling is employees will set them up purposely for failure to jettison them from the company. Only when management (specifically IT) is removed will you see some positive changes and maybe the IT dept will not look like a revolving door at Macy's.

High growth company

Current Employee - Consultant in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Hoffman Estates, IL

I have been working at Vistex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

highly competitive, great vision, growing concern and great leadership. Product is great and accepted. More on the way.

Cons

May have to work really hard to reap the benefits and for that work life balancing could be difficult.

Poor culture and bad compensation

I worked at Vistex

Pros

Not much to say here. There are some good co-workers as well as some good managers.

Cons

People are overworked and underplayed. This place is a joke.

Pay people and get a new HR department

Good Mid-Managers and Co-Workers but Unprofessional Senior Leadership and Bad pay.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at Vistex full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My time at Vistex was very unique and short. I felt that there were a select few employees who were outstanding. They definitely hire very skilled and intelligent people as a company. Great health benefits, great co-workers who are very knowledgeable in their field. Middle level managment is exceptional. They (middle management) genuinely care about their employees.

Cons

The pay is pathetic for an IT company. When I left, I started making double what I made there - no exaggeration; exactly double.

More alarming than the bad money was the unprofessionalism of some of the upper level managment. On my last day of employment, someone on the Sr. Manangement level very clearly said, "You do not bring anything to the table for this company." That was alarming given that they were so unorganized that they, at times, had nothing for us to do. Not to mention the fact that I was making close to what I could have made continuing at my college job.

Oh, and they look down on using your personal/vacation days that you earn.

Value your employees. Never say "you bring no value to the table." Fact is, that every one of your employees bring something to the table if you open your eyes, especially at Vistex. Pay is one of the things that you can do to show your employees that they are valued, pay them what they are worth. Get a new HR department and promote your mid-level manager who bust their butts to keep things moving smoothly.

Great growing company

I have been working at Vistex full-time

Pros

Vistex is a growing company with great opportunities for well performing employees. While there were not many growth opportunities a few years ago, this has definitely changed as the company has grown. Managers genuinely care about the growth of their employees.

Cons

To be successful at Vistex you have to be prepared for the fast pace. Sometimes this can mean long hours. There are some growing pains as Vistex expands its workforce.

Growing company that is having growing pains in creating growth opportunities.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

I have been working at Vistex

Pros

Vistex is a growing organization with a lot of room to grow in the industry. They're a leader at what they do and have the tools and people in the right places to make it a good learning opportunity for somewhat experienced individuals.

Cons

What they have in growth organizationally, they lack internally for employees. There are not enough levels of management to make a difference in promoting from within and people are generally stuck to their role without any room to advance without becoming a Director, which are positions that are currently occupied.

good company

I have been working at Vistex full-time

Pros

this is a total sap based company...great company to complete an internship with.Good pay and relocation assistance.

Cons

projects seemed limited.and it could boring fairly quickly.

take more people...

Working with Vistex EMEA is a great, international and challenging experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walldorf, Baden-W├╝rttemberg (Germany)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walldorf, Baden-W├╝rttemberg (Germany)

I have been working at Vistex full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You're working with fantastic colleagues and the Vistex GmbH has still a kind of Startup character. We are 20 different nationalities all over Europe and this also creates a great atmosphere to work in. Your daily tasks are challenging and not boring, salary and benefit package is equitable. You get the feeling to grow with the company and the European management shows the employees how they appreciate the hard work – they are open minds, include the opinion of employees in their decisions and their door is always open for their employee’s needs. It is no nine to five job, but you enjoy going to work.

Cons

From time to time the communication with headquarter e.g. for getting approvals on something can be long and complicated, mostly caused of distance between Europe and Headquarter in Walldorf and sometimes you get the feeling of being extremely dependent. Also since the company is growing rapidly the structure does not follow fast enough and so working here can be a little bit chaotic.

Share positive feedback not only in yearly review interviews but also in between the year – people need praise and appreciation (EMEA management starts doing that already). Let your employees act self-dependent; not everything needs approval and control.

Vistex Photos