Vistex

Updated December 18, 2014
3.1

Sanjay Shah

Great place to work

I have been working at Vistex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Always stretched and challenged

Cons

Sometimes long hours during busy times.

Reward employees for their efforts

Great Industry Experience!!!

I worked at Vistex full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I loved working at Vistex, the people were great and very knowledgeable in there area. I always felt challenged which was a breath of fresh air. The environment was very fast pace and my day always flew by. The company is growing which is a great!!! All my colleagues were friendly and the environment was fun to work in.

Cons

I can't think of a negative thing to say about Vistex.

Don't work here

Current Employee - SAP Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - SAP Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Vistex as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Check again later, thank you.

Cons

Everything you could think of, thank you.

meh

Huge Dissappointment!!!

Former Employee - SAP Consultant in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Former Employee - SAP Consultant in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at Vistex full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get a paycheck every two weeks and you get medical and dental benefits. It should be looked at as a layover to a real job.

Cons

Where would i start. Low Pay, overworked like crazy, Management is clueless especially the IT department. Systems constantly crashing, Managers with ZERO training running the show, because they do the owners bidding. HR is a joke to say the least. The owner rubs nickels together hoping that they will produce a dollar. Low pay for employees while the owner jet's around the globe. The employee base is primarily indian which is fine, but you do not base a company off of H-1 Visa's. This is most definately the most boring place i've ever worked. The management has the owners ear and can do no wrong. If he only knew how badly management has been screwing up he would probably fire the lot of them.

My advise to management is to get some training and act professional to your employee's. Whilst you think you walk on water you are easily replaceable and are one major failure away from getting knocked from your perch (which i personally think is coming round the corner). There is no growth unless you consider growth being overworked to the bone and not getting any thanks for it. Management needs to recognize the employees whose shoulders they constantly ride on..otherwise my feeling is employees will set them up purposely for failure to jettison them from the company. Only when management (specifically IT) is removed will you see some positive changes and maybe the IT dept will not look like a revolving door at Macy's.

High growth company

Current Employee - Consultant in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Hoffman Estates, IL

I have been working at Vistex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

highly competitive, great vision, growing concern and great leadership. Product is great and accepted. More on the way.

Cons

May have to work really hard to reap the benefits and for that work life balancing could be difficult.

Poor culture and bad compensation

I worked at Vistex

Pros

Not much to say here. There are some good co-workers as well as some good managers.

Cons

People are overworked and underplayed. This place is a joke.

Pay people and get a new HR department

Good Mid-Managers and Co-Workers but Unprofessional Senior Leadership and Bad pay.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at Vistex full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My time at Vistex was very unique and short. I felt that there were a select few employees who were outstanding. They definitely hire very skilled and intelligent people as a company. Great health benefits, great co-workers who are very knowledgeable in their field. Middle level managment is exceptional. They (middle management) genuinely care about their employees.

Cons

The pay is pathetic for an IT company. When I left, I started making double what I made there - no exaggeration; exactly double.

More alarming than the bad money was the unprofessionalism of some of the upper level managment. On my last day of employment, someone on the Sr. Manangement level very clearly said, "You do not bring anything to the table for this company." That was alarming given that they were so unorganized that they, at times, had nothing for us to do. Not to mention the fact that I was making close to what I could have made continuing at my college job.

Oh, and they look down on using your personal/vacation days that you earn.

Value your employees. Never say "you bring no value to the table." Fact is, that every one of your employees bring something to the table if you open your eyes, especially at Vistex. Pay is one of the things that you can do to show your employees that they are valued, pay them what they are worth. Get a new HR department and promote your mid-level manager who bust their butts to keep things moving smoothly.

Great growing company

I have been working at Vistex full-time

Pros

Vistex is a growing company with great opportunities for well performing employees. While there were not many growth opportunities a few years ago, this has definitely changed as the company has grown. Managers genuinely care about the growth of their employees.

Cons

To be successful at Vistex you have to be prepared for the fast pace. Sometimes this can mean long hours. There are some growing pains as Vistex expands its workforce.

Growing company that is having growing pains in creating growth opportunities.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

I have been working at Vistex

Pros

Vistex is a growing organization with a lot of room to grow in the industry. They're a leader at what they do and have the tools and people in the right places to make it a good learning opportunity for somewhat experienced individuals.

Cons

What they have in growth organizationally, they lack internally for employees. There are not enough levels of management to make a difference in promoting from within and people are generally stuck to their role without any room to advance without becoming a Director, which are positions that are currently occupied.

Good Company to start your Carrier

Current Employee - SAP Developer
    Current Employee - SAP Developer

I have been working at Vistex full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you want to learn more at your initial stage then you can consider this company as good platform.
    1. SAP Profile
    2.Flexible timing
    3.Good Trainers
    4.Supportive staff

Cons

Vistex don't have good policies to retain their employees.
    1. Less salary compared to other Companies
    2. Lack of good HR management
    3. Lack of good policies to keep employees satisfied

Improve their management skill.
    Management must have look on work culture of other companies.
    Increase Salary of freshers so that they will work harder for you.

Vistex Photos