Visual Aids Electronics

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jack C. Cassell

Excellent audiovisual company

ProsGood commission and salary structure. Great business skills are acquired when working here. Family like culture that is great for support and work environment.

ConsLong hours, as to be expected when working in hospitality driven businesses. Commission structure is based on the bottom line, which takes a hit from free events given to the hotel.

VAE has provided me with opportunity, job security, and support as a well run, employee centered organization.

Director of Audio Visual Services (Current Employee) Monterey, CA

ProsVAE keeps it's promise of opportunity to grow in the company and management is approachable and very supportive

ConsSmaller company size means less resource, though I have never felt without to tools I need to succeed

Advice to Senior ManagementThank You!

Mostly good, depending on regional support.

Director of AV (Former Employee)

ProsPay was adequate, but not amazing. They have a fantastic benefits and vacation package. Company is still owned by one man, which gives it a smaller feel.

ConsToo many life long employees, running around as regional managers or VPs. They will tell you they are all about you, till you do one thing thats against their wishes, then you are burned. The pay could be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementDont expect your directors to do the job of a technician. Because that is what happens. And while viable for a time, it creates burn out amongst your managers, and they can become disgruntled and possibly leave. Dont let the regional managers run around like Nazi's and put down their team. Micromanaging your directors is not an effective way to lead.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for,

Assistant Director (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThere is a lot of room for advancement. Great people to work with. The equipment you have to work with is great.

ConsClogged at the upper end of Management.

Advice to Senior Managementloved working for you and would come back I a heart beat!!

Worked for Visual Aids Electronics? Contribute to the Community!