Vita Coco

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael Kirban

Vita Coco

Brand Educator (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

I worked at Vita Coco part-time for more than a year

ProsGood work flexibility, competitive pay,

Conssomewhat disorganized, sometimes requires using own vehicle with no reimbursement

Fun but disorganized.

I have been working at Vita Coco

ProsFree Vita Coco!! Outdoor work.

ConsDisorganized management. Mostly weekend work.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire someone with a plan.

Everyone is sales & target driven to developed & maintain accounts.

Sales (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Vita Coco as a contractor for more than a year

ProsThe people are friendly & they have an awesome team atmosphere. The people at Vita Coco are as loyal to the brand as the consumers.

ConsNetworking with distributors are improving as new techniques arise. The incentives have come along way for all employees to enjoy.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is not one 'right' way to manage. Set clear expectations, give rationale & understanding, & give positive or constructive feedback.

fun brand, interesting management.

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at Vita Coco full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWorking for the #1 coconut water brand in the country - I was (still am) very passionate for this product -- it really is a great brand.

ConsI experienced a lot of change in management -- not sure what it is like now, I do know it is very much like working for red bull.

Advice to Senior Managementrespect your employees.

Wonderful Company

I have been working at Vita Coco

ProsEasy going, trusting, don't micro manage, always motivating us to do better, wonderful structure, great management, understanding bosses, fun, laid back, driven

ConsNone. Working for this company has been a wonderful experience. I honestly have no complaints on the company and how it's ran.

Brand Educator

I have been working at Vita Coco

ProsVery flexible work schedule, wonderful staff

Consmanagement's lack of concern for educators

I wouldn't suggest it...Much better opportunities out there.

I have been working at Vita Coco full-time

ProsSeems like a place to grow your career, but that ship has sailed. The company's growth is limited because coconut water is simply a phase. Remember pomegranate juice? Remember Acai?

ConsThe most unorganized company I've ever worked for. Constant problems
 regarding sales, and shipments, and even administrative tasks. If you're
 willing to work 45+ hours a week for 35-45K, then I guess take it for
 the experience. Turnover is extremely high because of the low pay and
 micromanagement.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your talent... Employee turnover hurts a company.

Rewarding entry-level experience

Brand Educator (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Vita Coco part-time for more than a year

ProsIf you are dedicated and hard-working, you can make a name for yourself on your team and in your market. This is the perfect job for when you are in college: they work around your schedule, and the pay is great. If you are interested in marketing, events, sales, or development after college, you can gain valuable experience executing a grassroots marketing campaign with Vita Coco as a Brand Educator.

ConsLocal event managers can be disorganized, it depends. You might lucky out and get a good one . Also, some team members (other college kids, usually) can be lazy and take advantage of the minimal supervision.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop better oversight techniques to foster stronger relationships among BEs and MAMs/DMMs.

Brand Ambassador

Brand Ambassador (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Vita Coco part-time for less than a year

ProsAwesome place to work, everyone is really friendly and helpful. The girls are all amazing and the line of work is interesting. We get to go to a lot of fun concert, music festival events and celebrity events to pass out Vita Coco. Really fun stuff.

ConsThe schedule is hectic and very busy environment, it kind of feels like you are working all the time by responding to emails and what not.

Vita Coco Boston needs a serious revamp in Team Management

Brand Educator (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

ProsFree cases of Vita Coco product
Good pay for what you do
You get to help change people's buying / drinking habits
Help individuals become more healthy and give up CocaCola / Pepsi products
Get to sell to everybody and anybody, infants to seniors; everybody is a potential customer!

ConsPromises from 'upper management' are never followed through with
Verbal abuse from boss over the phone regularly, hang ups from bosses (how professional ?)
Poor communication, no organization, essentially felt like I was working for high school kids
Promotions were given to friends and buddies over employees out performing in sales
No growth, no fairness, complete ignorance from senior employees
No loyalty to the product, half the people in upper management dont even drink or believe in Vita Coco, only in their paychecks from corporate
Disrespectful bosses treat employees horribly when really we are the face and salespeople of this company

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need a serious remodeling of the type of company culture you create. Boston's team is poisoning the brand identity inside out. Just because you have awesome, outgoing, energetic Brand Educators doesn't mean your company has a right to treat them however they like. I have heard about management across the country and it seems to vary by state, but the Boston Metro marketing team is a dirty player. It was despicable working under this management, and now although I still love Vita Coco more than life itself, it will forever sit as a mean, rude, betraying company to me.

Worked for Vita Coco? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vita Coco reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Vita Coco CEO Michael Kirban. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Vita Coco employees.