Vital Findings

www.vitalfindings.com

Vital Findings Reviews

4.0

Jason Kramer

It's more than a job! Comes with super fun and smart coworkers, motivating work environment, homey office and more!

I have been working at Vital Findings full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Amazing team work spirit and you will never feel left out or alone
    Really witty, smart and diligent co-worker makes going to office an enjoyable moment every morning.
    Everyone is devoted to making our works better without the interference of unnecessary bureaucracy or crazy office politics. We are driven to do better and be the best.
    Get to work on projects from various industries.

Cons

Long hours/weekend work during busy times, but fortunately VF has a great compensation system that make sure you get the rest you deserve.

Not many healthy restaurants within walking distance.

A company made up of intelligent, driven, and creative researchers striving to deliver beautiful, actionable insights.

I have been working at Vital Findings full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Vital Findings brings together top researchers in a collaborative and creative environment unlike any other company I’ve seen. Senior leadership is always open to suggestions from junior members and everyone’s contributions are given equal weight. Decisions are rarely made without team discussion. Vital findings is also a great place to grow one’s career because of this. Frequent and active discussion with senior team members helps junior members to grow in the market research field.

The projects at Vital Findings are challenging. Many projects entail custom methodologies and entire studies are created from scratch. It’s very exciting as a research to carry a custom project all the way through, though it can lead to late nights. Employees are all motivated to produce high quality, actionable research for clients and don’t let the time stop them from finishing. Vital Findings also has a diverse collection of clients. Because of this, I think one of the best parts about working here is the diversity of your projects. Only researching one thing will become boring, but here my projects span a wide variety of areas, which prevents me from growing bored of one thing.

Unlike at larger companies, junior members are given tasks outside of their comfort zone. This hands-on learning is unique to Vital Findings, and something I am very grateful for. While it can be challenging it is also extremely rewarding to be able to look back at your accomplishments. I am also interacting with clients more than I could have ever imagined when I began working here. Vital Findings trusts all team members to interact with clients, whether it be through email or in person. This client interaction is invaluable experience that I will take with me through the rest of my career.

Cons

Intense projects and many projects going at once can lead to late nights. However, dedication to projects pays off at Vital Findings.

Continue to hire people that fit the Vital Findings culture so we do not lose our small company feel as we continue to grow.

Intellectually driven, fast-paced, innovative custom market research company

Current Employee - Associate Analyst in Culver City, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Analyst in Culver City, CA

I have been working at Vital Findings full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Vital Findings offers a unique commitment to collaborative, forward-thinking market research. The small and nimble organizational structure allows Vital Findings to take on challenging consultative market research projects. As a result, employees are constantly encouraged to develop their skill sets and move beyond their comfort zones. Vital Findings is a place of rapid employee development and high ambitions.

Further, the company's stubborn commitment to quality, academically-rigorous research instills a confidence in one's research skill set. Though the company's values are still developing, the core research values of Vital Findings make for an excellent education in professional market research.

Peers at Vital Findings are top-notch market research thinkers. The company has drawn in intelligent minds from various academic backgrounds.

But, perhaps the most valuable quality of Vital Findings is the kind, fun-loving people. Come for the market research, stay for the people. Vital Findings is committed to building a research family, as opposed to cold research operation. The company has employed a peer recognition program in which employees leave "Caught in the act" thank you note cards for peers that have gone above and beyond the call of duty in their work effort. These cards each carry a dollar amount to be redeemed at the end of each quarter! (Awesome Program! Treat yourself!)

Vital Findings is poised to become a major force in the custom market research world. With it's strong commitment to innovative, fun, and fast-paced research, Vital Findings seems like THE place to be in the market research community.

Cons

Vital Findings' ambitious projects will often require long hours of hard work. Work/Life balance can suffer as a consequence. (Though, hard work is always met with both high-praise and tangible rewards/compensation from management.)

The smaller size of the company will often require work outside of one's comfort zone/skill-set. There is a double-edged sword here. You will be required to step-up your game to meet challenges. There is vey little room to hide from challenging work.

A Talented and Ambitious Company That Offers Amazing Opportunities to Those Motivated to Succeed

I have been working at Vital Findings full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Vital Findings is a company that caters to motivated individuals. Give, and you shall undoubtedly receive, in ways that other companies would never even consider. VF offers opportunities to advance your career like no other.

The company is run by a true visionary, one of the smartest and hardest-working people I've ever met. He's a guy who will stop at nothing to deliver the finest, most actionable research possible. And beyond this, he's very kind and generous. He expects you to work hard, and truth be told, you will absolutely have to to make it here. But if you do, I can promise, you shall reap the benefits.

I also have nothing but high praise to say about the rest of the staff either. They are truly outstanding individuals, both in their personal demeanor as well as their intelligence. I'm very lucky to have crossed paths with them in life.

In my ~2 years of employment at this company, I can say with utmost certainty that I've never grown more as an individual.

Cons

Occasional long hours/weekend work, but other than that, I have no qualms with this company. Employees must be dedicated and hard working.

Continue to be supportive of your staff, while allowing them to exit their comfort zone

Not worth your time, find something better

I worked at Vital Findings full-time

Pros

Gave me a sense of the industry
    Relaxed office environment
    Good location

Cons

Company has a bad reputation
    A lot of better options out there
    Founder takes people who don't know any better because it's their first job

Exceptional Place to work - consultative, collaborative and FUN!

Current Employee - Vice President in Culver City, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Culver City, CA

I have been working at Vital Findings full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pros: amazing leadership, exciting projects, team atmosphere, regular parties/happy hours, personal achievement and job fulfillment.

Vital Findings is an exceptional place to work. The people are amazing - each hand picked to collaborate well as a team and to be able to function well autonomously. VF does very high level, consultative research engagements with clients. Senior management makes it clear that VF doesn't take just any type of project for the sake of revenue. Hence, the company actually vets the type and kinds of projects and clients it pursues. It's all about building relationships, externally and internally. And that's why VF is in demand.

A lot of resources are utilized to ensure that the staff is properly engaged and motivated at VF. Regular in-depth performance reviews reveal clearly what employees must do to move to the next level. Continuous recognition and reinforcement programs (peer to peer) mean terrific incentives for every day successes. The culture at VF is all about true teamwork - from the top down. Project teams collaborate and participate in brain storms regularly. People are not pigeon-holed into one client or methodology. There are daily staff meetings to align projects with resources and ensure that staff utilization is appropriate.

The work is intense, at times, but extremely fulfilling. Some days are long, but all days are rewarding. This is a company that has top people, amazing clients, a team-based culture of quality and a commitment to work-life balance. It is financially solid as a rock and enjoys amazing leadership. The managing director of this company "walks the talk" - he works as hard as anyone at VF and he is the first to pitch in when a hand is needed. He is also a superb, visionary leader with great plans to continue the growth of this company. My personal motto at VF - Work hard, have fun, and GROW!

Cons

Cons: like any other excellent research firm, days on deadline can be long, Vital Findings is growing fast but is extremely selective when choosing new personnel

As the company grows, keep the same unique culture. The skies the limit for Vital Findings!

Smart, hardworking employees, great mentorship and commitment to individual growth.

I worked at Vital Findings full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Vital Findings is a great company to work for and I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking to apply or has been offered a position.

The atmosphere of the office is creative, hardworking, smart and fun. You start to feel like a family as you work here and Jason (the owner) is committed to making the market research industry better. The team is very supportive of individual market research goals and everyone has a strong commitment to great research that is high quality and actionable. Jason has a long history with market research and enjoys teaching from his experience and being involved in the projects. If you are tired of doing templated market research and want to add some problem solving and creativity to your work, Vital Findings is a great company to work for!

Cons

There are some late evenings, but this comes with the territory of working in market research. Vital Findings is not shy about the fact that the market research industry is not a 9-5 job, yet the management also takes work/life balance strongly into consideration. Since I’ve been here, the managers have done everything they can to even out the workload through hiring freelancers and even slowing down sales outreach (I’ve never heard of this in any other company I’ve ever worked with) during really busy times.

The Caught in the Act program is great, keep it up!

Run--Don't walk

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

I worked at Vital Findings full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Many of the people that work there are nice. The pay is alright--though there are some huge discrepancies within the pay bands for each title.

Cons

This company is trying to box well above its weight and it simply fails to accomplish its goals. Unfortunately, a lot prospective employees are fooled into believing that this company is something that it is not. The website and even the meeting room in which they interview candidates share photos and graphics of exciting research projects (done years ago and largely outsourced)--types of projects and research they don't do anymore.

Plain and simple: It's all just...smoke.

The Practicals:
    The management has a condescending attitude and often puts employees down.
    Workloads are poorly managed.
    Turnover is extraordinarily high.
    There is very little difference in the skill/experience levels between the upper management employees and the lower level employees, so the reporting structure is a joke

Take a look at other start-ups. See how they organize and treat their employees with respect.

Great perks but no growth opportunities and management style is dictatorial

I have been working at Vital Findings full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have worked at other market research companies and the hours are long. Not so at Vital Findings. Schedules are flexible and lunches are free. Cool location in Culver City so you are close to great movie theaters, restaurants and with short hours, every night is an opportunity for happy hour at a Culver City watering hole.

Cons

Management is dictatorial-style and unfriendly. There has been a lot of turnover since I started here. More people have left than actually work here. The daily office atmosphere is very tense which makes escaping to happy hour all the more necessary. I think the hours are short because there are not as many clients as management states there are on the website.

Learn to trust your employees and stop being so oppressive and imperious in the way you manage. It's no fun going to work and worrying all day if you are going to be humiliated in front of your co-workers.

A Young, Constantly-Evolving Company; Lots of Opportunity

I have been working at Vital Findings full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Nice office
    - Young company powered by smart young people
    - Lots of opportunity for growth and new experiences
    - Dedication to training and to educating employees
    - Being a small company can be a bad thing at times socially

Cons

- Being a small company can be a bad thing at times socially
    - Manager has big ego
    - Promotions seem unfairly focused on amount of time in a job role

Promote those who are deserving faster.