Vital Signs Reviews

Reset
3.5
Alex J. Chanin

1. Good but gone

Pros

Many benefits of the company. You got to learn a lot of different parts of the company at a very fast pace. If you worked in the quality department from a few year ago, you would be able to learn documentation, CAPA, complaints, QA, QC parts of engineering and projects.

Cons

The company changed dramatically and lost what they were known for once GE purchased them. After 5 years with GE, GE sold them to Carefusion who decided to close the company down 5 months after they purchased them. The assets were shipped down to Mexico for manufacturing purposes.

2. collection

Former Employee - Collections in Totowa, NJ
    Former Employee - Collections in Totowa, NJ

Pros

able to move up in the company

Cons

not given all the tools to do my job

Slowly Dying a Sad Death

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Totowa, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Totowa, NJ

I have been working at Vital Signs full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This was a great company; it was small enough that everyone knew what was going on and how it affected each and every area. Lots of responsibility and hours, the the reward was worth it.

Cons

GE placed the first nail in the coffin by putting systems into place that were inappropriate, excessive, and costly thereby taking a very profitable company into a limping one. CareFusion acquired company in January 2014 and placed the final nails. Operations in Totowa and Colorado are closing with manufacturing moving to Mexico. Currently there is a skeleton crew (contractors) and the organization is sliding in quality, quantity, and international presence. CareFusion executive managment is blind to what their staff is doing as well as their lack of expertise and experience with running this type of organization and product line. They will be done by December 2014; only the brain dead are left.

Advice to Management

Recognize the talent and experience that is in place and find out what your "three year old" experienced staff are doing to the new acquisitions. There is absolutely no integrity, ethics, or morals. They bit off way more than they can handle and will cost them the international presence as well as customer loyalty.

5. I have 18 yr experience in taking care of elderly

Pros

The best reason to work here is to take care of elderly

Cons

Making sure they have there every need

6. Territory Manager

Former Employee - Territory Representative in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Territory Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Vital Signs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sold quality products to Hospitals, made strong and lasting relations

Cons

Was bought out by GE and job was duplicated

Advice to Management

Do not sell company

7. The most fun I've ever had at work

Current Employee - Graphic Artist/Installer in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Current Employee - Graphic Artist/Installer in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I have been working at Vital Signs full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Customer service was unlike any other sign shop I have ever been to or worked for. They went above and beyond to make sure the customer got exactly what they wanted.

Cons

Before they stopped smoking inside, the smoke was pretty overbearing

8. Awesome

Former Employee - Calibration Technician
    Former Employee - Calibration Technician

Pros

Awesome benefits. Pay either met or exceeded my expectations. The collaboration with my co-employees, engineering, and management was awesome! I felt part of a family in the work place.

Cons

I don't really have any CONS regarding Vital Signs. If you do your job you are hired to do, you are faced with less cons. The only con I can think of was leaving Vital Signs to join the military which brings me to the point that my position lacked growth but getting a more education can spawn from the position as a calibration tech to growing into engineering or even maintenance.

Advice to Management

It was awesome working for Vital Signs. If I could return to Colorado, I would request back my employment with Vital Signs.

RSS Feed </> Embed