Vitalize Consulting Solutions

Dan Allison

My experience with VCS

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Kingman, AZ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Kingman, AZ

Pros

Great leadership, small but very professional, they took care of their customers, the consultants and the companies we supported.

Cons

Acquired by a competitor therefore future is in question.

Treat your customers fairly and you will be successful

VCS took great care of their consultants and the leaders shared the profit. Service quality was very good

Pros

Talented Senior consultants; reasonable rates; profitable; empowered management to make decisions; no micro-management except by one Senior VP who was partial to certain people and unfair to others

Cons

It no longer exists since it was purchased by SAIC. They destroyed the culture and eliminated the people

None since they no longer run the company

A good opportunity that never got going

Current Employee - Epic Consultant
    Current Employee - Epic Consultant

Pros

Competitive compensation, signing bonus and okay benefits. The recruiting process was easy, they did not request an in person interview.

Cons

Limited communication from managers, little visibility into the staffing process, virtual company spread out over the country allows for fewer networking opportunities.

Allow more visibility into the staffing opportunities, empower consultants to be more active in participating in their own staffing.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to Work

Pros

Pays great, supportive management team, great continuing education resources, great internal knowledge base to rely on when you don't have all the answers on a project. Great travel benefits! Wonderful work environment and place to work!!!

Cons

Only downside is 80-100% as a consultant, but that's why we get paid well.

Allow consultants to grow into higher level positions within organization. Also, possibly develop a formal mentoring program for those high quality consultants that have experience and exibit leadership qualitites.

If you're looking for high compensation and not a lot of hassle, Vitalize is for you

Current Employee - EpicCare Ambulatory Analyst  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - EpicCare Ambulatory Analyst in New York, NY

Pros

Overall, my experience with Vitalize has been a great one. I have the opportunity to work for a high-profile client in one of the greatest cities in the world. I'm more than happy with my compensation and think (for their size)Vitalize does a great job. They don't hassle you or micro-manage and have been responsive when I've had a question. I had a choice when it came to clients to interview with, I can live where I want and fly around the country on the weekends, I can take time off as needed and have more control over the type of work I'm doing. They've eased any concerns I had about leaving a salaried position for an hourly one, and I'm 100% happy with my decision.

Cons

Large company so it's hard to have that "personal connection" that is felt with smaller firms
    No bonus for hourly employees
    401K match is not great
    Travel to client site Sunday evening and home on Thursday

I think there should be more help to hourly employees upon starting to navigate benefits and other territories that are probably relatively new (if coming off of a salaried position). This could be accomplished by having a HR resource assigned to new employees and reaching out to see about setting up a phone call to answer any questions that have come-up throughout the process. A more tailored orientation would also be good.

Good aspects outweigh the bad...most of the time

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

if you prefer a "small company" atmosphere this is the place to be, it seems everything the leadership does strives to maintain that. Most of the managers are more than competent and reasonable and flexible. Managers/Leadership welcome feedback

Cons

most managers are work-a-holics and though they try to maintain the attitude of having a work/life balance there is some unspoken expectations of work over most other things.

be more open to enabling employees to work flexible hours (ie: 4 day work weeks, 7am-3pm days) right now an employee could do that if they really wanted to but they would get flack.

Great Company

Pros

I have worked at Vitalize for nearly two years. I've had positive experiences with nearly every department in the company. Just about every person I come in contact with seems willing and able to help. Their yearly conferences are probably my favorite thing! Since the company is mostly virtual, it's great to be able to get together and associate faces with the names you've been working with. The locations are always great, too. Can't wait for the next one!

Cons

I wish there were more options and slightly better benefits now that Vitalize is part of a larger corporation, SAIC.

The upper management and leadership team is open and willing to new ideas, even from younger employees.

Excellent Place to work

Pros

Has a small company touch, despite rapid growing. My coworkers are some of the most caring people I have worked with. Management is receptive to personal needs when family issues arise.

Cons

Health benefits could be better for a company this size. No other cons.

Too much growth, have become completely disorganized and uncaring

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

Pros

-Have a large sales force, who for the most part are very knowledgable about healthcare.
    -HR department is very responsive
    -We get SAIC employee discounts- nice perk

Cons

-Management is (best case scenario) overwhelmed and unresponsive.
    -Personally i was literally at the end of my contract and found myself a job with a vitalize client, vitalize arrnaged only one interview during my last 6 weeks as my contract was ending, and I never heard back on it
    -Have made some effort to collect skillset information over the last few months, but still there are mass emails to the group asking for consultants familiar with content. Why do we update résumés?
    -Benefits could be better (somewhat convoluted process for healthcare claims), since being bought out by SAIC would have expected some improvement in this area over the last year but no changes
    -Culture has changed so much over the last year, it's not what it used to be. I no longer feel like anyone knows my name.

Great place to work

Pros

Flexible and people oriented. Yearly company meetings are a lot of fun.

Cons

Benefits aren't great, but that's about it.

N/A

Worked for Vitalize Consulting Solutions? Contribute to the Community!