Vitamin Shoppe Reviews

1. Keyholder

Former Employee - Keyholder
    Former Employee - Keyholder

I worked at Vitamin Shoppe

Pros

Recognized for hard work, promoted quickly, district manager was great, overall good job

Cons

Bored to death much of the time, did pointless health fairs once a month that bombed

Advice to Management

Get rid of pointless programs like monthly health fairs. Not many local companies want to come and set up when they don't get much benefit. Store was so slow it was torture to work an 8 hour shift. Something needs to be done to change the traffic flow because goal was never met. Make sure employees are actually trained on the products. Most were pretty ignorant unless it came to workout products.

2. Great place to work

Current Employee - Key Holder in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Key Holder in Portland, OR

I have been working at Vitamin Shoppe full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great store manager made the job great. Corporate has a lot of procedures, but none of them are idiotic like you find at a lot of other retail places.

Cons

Just isn't enough money per hour, unfortunately. It's hard to make ends meet on the salary of an entry level management position even working full time.

Advice to Management

I don't really have any advice for management. I suppose they could increase employee pay, but I doubt that would be a feasible course of action given how thin the margins are.

3. Horrible Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Vitamin Shoppe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easiest physical job. Learn a lot about health and wellness. Decent discount. Lots of samples. Full time with benefits.

Cons

Upper management was terrible. Constantly gossiping about employees using profanity. HR did absolutely nothing to help with management. Many employees stole, and management constantly left work early or left building while on the clock. High turnover. Once someone was in a management position, they almost never leave unless they finally get sick of the DM.

Advice to Management

Get people who actually care about their job and their employees to run your stores.

5. The best!

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Vitamin Shoppe full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Those higher up don't keep us in the dark and take our opinions and suggestions in order to turn them into reality. It is nice to have a leadership team that cares about their field teams.

Cons

Rate of pay for part time employees - it varies from area to area and sometimes is just above minimum wage.

asst manager

I have been working at Vitamin Shoppe full-time

Pros

Love learning everyday. Customers who return and look for me is awsome.the team I work with is great been with company for 71/2 years

Cons

When a employee gets promoted to store manager they become lazy The only people who get promoted are ones the DM likes. I do so much at work more then anyone and I can make great sales but can never get promoted WHY???.

7. Great Company

I have been working at Vitamin Shoppe full-time

Pros

great growth opportunities great training bonus incentives company cares about its employees and customers great benefits

Cons

over projected sales goals limited payroll hours to keep employee retention high

Advice to Management

reduce sales goals provide different education reimbursement incentives

8. Key holder

I have been working at Vitamin Shoppe full-time

Pros

-Relaxed enviroment -Supplement knowledge -Very flexible with schedule

Cons

-No organization -Training slow -Moving up is not simple -Minimal hours even though your full time

Advice to Management

Check stores, customer interactions more often and have more oppoetunities available to all associates.

Wasn't the best but, it had its enjoyable times and I very much enjoyed the experiences I've shared with the customers.

Former Employee - Health Enthusiast in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Health Enthusiast in New York, NY

I worked at Vitamin Shoppe part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Constantly being of help to customers, to help bridge the gap in product knowledge and ways it can effectively be applied for improved health and/or fitness goals.

Cons

The pay was mediocre for the skills and knowledge required to perform optimally. To be significantly great at your job you had to love it and breezy daily, which I loved. The customers will see you through your eyes the passion held but the not so great amount of hours and base pay grew disheartening and fueled my leaving. Ultimately, pushing the lengthening of the customers' item lists for the store's gain and management's bonus got me sick.

Advice to Management

Do better in the incentives that are provided. Raises by $.25 an hour is an insult. Find ways to increase customer service quality and less focused on pushing numbers. Again, make customer experience the primary and make it feel less as though they need to buy several items to accomplish their goals especially when self-discipline and knowledge is what is lacking, not the spending of more money for the stores and staff's gain.

10. Great Company

Former Employee - Geico in Macon, GA
    Former Employee - Geico in Macon, GA

I worked at Vitamin Shoppe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

if your a manager the pay is great, nice people to work with

Cons

have favorites and key holders are considered full time at 30 hours....which means you really cant make a living on it.

11. Above average experience

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Shrewsbury, MA
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Shrewsbury, MA

I have been working at Vitamin Shoppe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere, awesome co-workers, love helping customers find supplements to meet their needs.

Cons

Pay is average at best. Incentive or bonus is nearly impossible to reach on any sort of regular basis.

Advice to Management

Stores making comp should receive bonus plan is too high often.

RSS Feed </> Embed