Vitamin T Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.6
CEO

Pros
  • Good work-life balance, so long as you prioritize that for yourself (in 8 reviews)

• Great training, processes, unlimited vacation/sick time, and (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • They'll say that work/life balance is important but it's not (in 3 reviews)

• commission structure is poor and too many meetings (in 4 reviews)

Best place I've ever worked!

Current Employee - VT Talent Agent in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - VT Talent Agent in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-PTO policy is the best of the best. Get your work done and you can take off whenever you need to. Clearly, this requires communication with your team, but I've never had to stress about taking time off!
    -Great, positive team of leaders! Seriously- these people are so passionate about what they do. When you work for a company that cares about the work they do and the kind of things they put out into the world, great things happen. It's easy to catch a vision for what the team is trying to accomplish and people genuinely want to help others get jobs and achieve success. They are also super hands-on. I was interviewed by the President before I started. I've never heard of any other company that does that!
    -Open communication- Obviously regional and local teams all differ, but my experience has been that my team is just that- a TEAM. We have each others backs, there's no drama and when things don't turn out the best, we work together to make it better. Any negative reviews on here about this company can probably go back to personal experiences and people handling situations differently. But by and large, people at Vitamin T LOVE their jobs... I've literally never heard another employee complain about the company itself.
    -You get to meet awesome local talent. Who doesn't love making new friends? I'm on the agent side and I've never met more people in one year! My network has grown tenfold and I feel like I'm making a difference in people's lives. What's better than that!?
    -Pay is great! Depending on what market you work in, your bonuses could be pretty high. We are primarily salaried, but getting that quarterly check is always a great reminded of why we do what we do. They don't try and lowball you here... and raises are generous depending on your work.
    -HONESTY- I also love that we dont have to be cut throat to make a living in recruiting. The company is looking out for the talent and the clients at all times. Business is business, but we always try to do the right thing... no matter what. I've never felt that the company has cut corners in order to make money.
    -Continuous learning is valued here! VT offers almost $10k a year in continuous learning! If you want to grow personally and professionally, this is a great company to work for.

Cons

Like every job, you're going to have ups and downs. But having worked for a lot of different companies, I can tell you that VT does it the right way. They care about others, are transparent in their communications, value learning and growth and pay people what they're worth. HIGHLY recommend working with them either internally or on the talent side.

Great Experience

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Vitamin T

Pros

Vitamin Talent connected me to the highest paying job of my career and found me countless contract opportunities. They really seem to care about connecting the right person with the job and not just filling an empty position, and they back you up if there are ever any issues.

Cons

I can't think of any cons. I guess the only con would be working through a staffing agency, but I prefer it to "regular" job seeking because it gives contractors the time to see if it's a good fit with the employer and vice versa.

innovative, open to trying new things, great PTO policy, flexible with schedule/work hours/need to work remote

I have been working at Vitamin T

Pros

open environment, innovative company (open to new ideas, values employee's opinions), room to grow, flexible with work hours/need to work remote ocasionally

Cons

low pay unless you're in management

Poorly run company

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Vitamin T (Less than a year)

Pros

Good introduction to several companies if you are new in the field.

Cons

They do not look out for the worker's interests. I worked for them under their previous two company names -- MacTemps and Aquent. Somehow I was placed on a "Do Not Hire" list even though many of the companies I worked for requested me by name. When I tried multiple times to get an explanation from their main office and left many voice mail messages, the HR department refuses to return my calls.

Unfortunate outcome

I worked at Vitamin T

Pros

nice co-workers. The president means well.

Cons

TERRIBLE handling of transition and turn over. Lie about expectations and upper management does not handle stress or issues well. ALWAYS be on your guard and be prepare to just be let go if they feel like it.

Advice to Management

Don't make decisions based on feelings. Really think about the outcome of the team. Don't lie about expectations and always be transparent. Don't patronize.

Room for Improvement and Growth

Current Employee - Director of Business Development
    Current Employee - Director of Business Development

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-outstanding president who seems to truly care about her employees
    -continuing education benefits that are very accessible for people eager to grow and develop individually

Cons

-continuous and rough transitions due to turnover are not addressed and then individuals who are performing well are penalized without annual salary increases because of poor upper management and lack of office growth
    -upper management seems disinterested in the real problems and just want fake and perky all the time
    -very political in trying to move around internally. opportunities are blocked for top performers to keep them where they are at
    -high turnover on sales side because the bonus structure in quite low and upper management does not care to listen to any concerns
    -new hires in certain offices can be very unproductive and lazy but upper management plays favorites and ignores core issues and instead ignores the top performers
    -claims to want "everyone's feedback" but rarely asks the important questions that you would think a staffing company of this depth wants to know--are you happy? are you job hunting?
    -very horizontal structure so little to zero room for growth aside from the small quarterly bonuses that take almost a year to achieve anything substantial

Advice to Management

-ask employees the real questions about office culture and listen
    -hold all agents and sales to the SAME expectations
    -upper management should set the example for productivity. not being unavailable on "remote" days, not responding to emails and calls, making staff feel belittled and ignored

Happy for a long, long time...

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with the Aquent organization for most of my adult work life. This organization has afforded me growth and learning experiences that I don't believe I would have ever received anywhere else. There are SO many tenured employees here - way more than in any other staffing organization I've ever come across. That should speak volumes for the opportunities that exist. If you're successful, you can create your own path. I've seen it happen time and time again (and I've lived it). This is definitely an environment with a solid work life balance. You have to work hard, but there's a lot of respect for a person's outside life.

Cons

I'm pretty happy to say that I don't have really any cons to discuss - if I did, I wouldn't have lasted as long as I have at this organization.

Almost-but not there

I have been working at Vitamin T

Pros

Good president and people who work n the offices

Cons

Unrealistic expectations and too many hands in the pot

Advice to Management

Find some consistancy

Amazing company to work for!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training, processes, unlimited vacation/sick time, and $ every year for extended learning.

Cons

Too many documents, and meetings, but not a big deal.

Advice to Management

Don't micromanage

Innovative and Creative Staffing Agency

I worked at Vitamin T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Full Benefits
    -Great Clients
    -Annual tuition and conference reimbursement
    -Solid and comprehendible initial week-long training
    -All Apple/Mac everything, and every employee gets an apple laptop
    -Friendly Culture and less turnover than most other staffing agencies
    -Smart and approachable upper management
    -Genuinely understands the importance of the creative/digital space and succeeds in keeping up with current industry trends
    -Company beach houses in FL and HI available to employees
    -Good work/life balance
    -Unlimited PTO
    -Always opportunities for leadership and training
    -Entrepreneurial almost start-up mentality means things change more often than they might at other agencies - if you see this as a con, than it may not be the right place for you!

Cons

-The base salary is higher than average, but the commission structure is lower and it can be difficult to make the substantial amount you might working for a competitor

RSS Feed </> Embed