Vitamix Reviews

Jodi Berg

1. Sales Demonstrator

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative Demonstrator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative Demonstrator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Vitamix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No one breathing down you neck! Unlimited earning Highly valued product

Cons

Lots of weekends, but that's where the money is 100% commission

Advice to Management

Give reps the same benefits that other Vitamix employees have. Without us other employees wouldn't have a job

2. They give you what they say.

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Vitamix part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Vitamix is a product that customers are satisfied with, which is helpful because most of the time this product is being sold in a show or demonstration format. There are a lot of existing customers out there who are eager to give a positive testimonial. The days are long, but this job really will hone your sales skills

Cons

Hours are unbelievably long and the work week runs 17 days in some instances. Insurance and retirement are up to you so make friends with an insurance agent and a stock broker before you work for Vitamix.

Advice to Management

QVC is hurting the road sales...a lot. Should consider giving road show reps a base for slow stores, and I'm sure those stats would be easy to come by.

Demonstrator

I have been working at Vitamix full-time

Pros

Absolute best product, you will make a lot of money, very kind managers and employees, on for 5-10 days off for 5-10 days gives you a lot of free time, no direct manager supervision

Cons

No reimbursement for hotel gas car cell nada. You work for 12 hours a day and have no time when you are on a show. Very labor intensive. You will be dealing with a lot of disgruntled warehouseman who want you to move boxes around instead instead of working. All these complaints would be very minimal if you have a spouse or partner to work with you, offer you relief days, be an emergency contact when you forget something far from home and ladies do not i repeat do not start this position unless you have a man who can help you move around your booth and supplies all those machines get heavy too when you are moving 50 of them at a time. This is a very labor intensive job.

Advice to Management

Please, on the job listing, put absolutely must be able to bring in spouse partner in to either offer you heavy lifting support or actually demonstrate and work with you.

Definitely an experience I will not go through again.

Former Employee - Traveling Sales Demonstrator in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Traveling Sales Demonstrator in Chicago, IL

Pros

Potential to make money. Meet some great people. Help people through education of nutrition with a great product.

Cons

Physically demanding on the body standing for extremely long periods in the same spot, 10 hours 5 days, 8 hours 2 days straight. Shows are 2 weeks and now they even up'ed the show times. Unless you have a partner or spouse that works with you where you can take shifts; it is not easy on the body. Away from home very often. Have to pay for your hotel. Meet some not so great people. They don't want you talking about nutrition.

6. Great Products, Amazing Growth

Former Employee - Marketing in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Marketing in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Vitamix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great growth, good solid longer-term employees, unparallelled quality of products, company heritage and pride

Cons

Many newer employees, young and lower level of experience

Advice to Management

Keep up the momentum, make products more attractive design to match premium prices

Great income for self-motivated individuals

I have been working at Vitamix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay, self-managed in many ways, flexible schedule if needed

Cons

Long, laborious hours in Costco and other roadshows

Advice to Management

Tighten up the accounting side of things so pay is more accurate.

8. Pretty good place to work

Former Employee - Interactive Designer in North Olmsted, OH
    Former Employee - Interactive Designer in North Olmsted, OH

I worked at Vitamix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary, profit sharing, 401k, medical, dental.

Cons

Things can often move at a large corporation pace.

9. Vitamix is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Vitamix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I feel incredibly fortunate to be a part of Vitamix. The family culture is something I have never experienced thus far in my career. The environment fosters growth and empowerment, while being surrounded by positive, passionate colleagues who respect your opinion and insights. Vitamix goes above and beyond to recognize employees, and the generous perks and benefits are unsurpassed. I am grateful to be a part of the Vitamix family.

Cons

Vitamix is a growing company which can be exciting but an adjustment for some...as there are opportunities to build structure with more formalized process and procedures.

10. Bright future and great people

I have been working at Vitamix (More than a year)

Pros

- Culture at Vitamix is one of teamwork and collaboration. For the most part, employees are friendly, fun and care about each other - Amazing benefits (100% paid healthcare, gym, profit sharing, etc.) - Bright future ahead of it. Sales growth has been dramatic in the past 4-5 years with continued opportunity for even more growth - Nice facility - Company is generous with its perks and celebrates with its employees (gift cards, lunches etc.)

Cons

- With growth skyrocketing, things can be disorganized. There is a lack of structure/process that can be frustrating. - Things move quickly here, so it can be fast-paced and high demand sometimes

Advice to Management

- Focus on the big picture and our strategic future. Employees love how much you care about them personally, but they need the leadership team to step up and focus on how we are going to sustain our growth vs. focusing on non-valued added things (i.e. dinners, gift cards, etc.)

11. Rewarding Work

Current Contractor - Sales Demonstrator in San Francisco, CA
    Current Contractor - Sales Demonstrator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Vitamix as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I have the opportunity to have a direct impact on the health of our customers by selling a kitchen appliance that can prepare food that is fast, tasty and nutritious.

Cons

Little opportunity for growth withing current sales position.

RSS Feed </> Embed