VivaKi

www.vivaki.com

VivaKi Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014
VivaKi – New York – “Team meeting with the Facebook team”

VivaKi – New York – “Team meeting with the Facebook team”

Not yet rated.

Frank Voris

Great people, limited vision

Pros*Hardworking, fun people
    *Lots of opportunities to develop a wide variety of skills
    *Good stepping stone for more junior members

Cons*Lack of cohesive and well communicated mission/vision leads to a lot of wasted work
    *limited career growth for non-junior staff

I've lost my passion for advertising

Campaign Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsAllows you to learn about industry trends across multiple channels.

ConsLack of direction, high turnover rates recently, lack of mentorship, and loss of competitive edge. 40% of our work is dictated by vendors, which then allows them to take away business. Lack of growth opportunities outside being a trained media minion. If you want to feel like you contributed to something positive at the end of the day, this is not the place. It is truly business work after business work.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet leaders to focus more on personal growth aka think long term with your employees.

Amazing people but lack of innovation, leadership, and experience

Client Services Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsLooks good on the resume. Amazing opportunity to learn programmatic from the experts and forge relationships with agencies.

ConsVivaki has the entire industry fooled into thinking that they're a hub for innovation. Most of the people who work there come from media agencies so there is a lack of understanding on how to compete with vendors. Doing good work isn't appreciated here and you will not be encouraged to learn outside of your job role. They want monkeys to fall into line. A majority of the VPs are useless don't understand programmatic and just pass their work onto more junior people. Promotions are given on biases as there are no true job descriptions, qualifications, and determining factors for whether or not you're doing a good job. Even if you do work, it's no guarentee that you'll get promoted- they prefer to dangle carrots. The average age here is 26, so don't come here thinking that you'll be mentored by people who actually know anything. Lastly, Vivaki thinks that they pay competitively....They don't.. Most people who leave here end up getting 20%-40% increases in salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep up and get involved.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Political - Negative attitudes

Prosbeer on tap
    one in 6 people are really talented - they are carrying all the load though

ConsNegative attitudes
    Lack of communication, leadership, mission/goal, did I say lack of leadership.
    Leadership who is there don't like each other and undermine each other.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually talk to your people to gauge their capabilities provide people the opportunity to excel
    Provide a unified goal/direction
    get rid of managers/senior staff who undermine others
    Actually run the company and stop sitting around waiting for the buyout payday that is not coming
    Cross train product and tech staff

Start-up mindset, with enterprise stability.

Director (Current Employee)

Pros- You can find a lot of opportunity for growth and fast promotion if you're talented and willing to work for it.
    - You also get great experience/exposure at the heart of digital advertising.
    - You'll get to work with (and become) some of the brightest people in the industry.
    - It's an exciting, fast-paced environment that feels like working in a start-up, but with all the benefits and stability of working for a huge organization like Publicis.

Cons- Salaries are not on par with the industry and there is no bonus structure. So people move on quickly.
    - Leadership are sometimes slow to react to challenges - they are mostly ex-finance or ex-consulting with big firm backgrounds, not representative of the VivaKi culture or future.
    - New ideas are not shared and the tech/innovation roadmap is disconnected from the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementShake up the old "nerve center" org chart, compensate well to retain talent, and don't separate/hide new projects and innovation from the day to day business teams.

Helping to build an agency unlike any other in the industry

Associate Director (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsVivaKi offers employees an extremely collaborative work environment and the opportunity to help shape the technology that will drive our industry in the years to come. In my experience, the management team has been quite accessible to hearing from people at all levels. The agency has great benefits, weekly Happy Hours and a true focus on work/life balance.

ConsThe agency is still growing and finding its footing in some respects, so employees can often find themselves changing course mid-project to turn their attention elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe biggest piece of advice I'd offer is continue engaging with employees and being transparent in communications. It's working.

Generally very positive but lacking in some places.

ProsChallenging, interesting, generally savvy environment

ConsLack of focus from executive team

What is Vivaki?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people: some of the smartest, nicest, and personable people you'll ever meet. Exposure: you'll have the opportunity to work with some of the biggest brands on the Publicis roster and learn a ton. You'll learn more in one week at Vivaki than you will in quarter anywhere else.

ConsNo qualified mid-level leadership. There's a huge gap between Senior Leadership and those on the front lines. That results in constantly-changing priorities, loosely defined goals, and roles, and...well...chaos.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote qualified leaders. Set realistic long term goals and stick with them. Don't reset the board every month.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Interesting work, fragmented culture

ProsExposure to digital media buying, good benefits

ConsInexperienced managers, political, the office is mostly all glass so you hear everything going on, negative attitudes, a lack of real focus, high attrition rate

Advice to Senior ManagementThe problem is much larger than compensation. It's about the negative political atmosphere.

Great strategy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInitial focus on scale and digital in '08 led industry. Esp partnership with Google.

ConsAs brand agencies built expertise in digital, challenge to continue sole leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementWorking as a team always wins

Worked for VivaKi? Contribute to the Community!