Vivid Marketing

Chrysanthi Halkiotis

Unleashed Potential

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Vivid Marketing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I found everything I wanted in the working world and more at Vivid Marketing. I have made some of the best friends, I've received unconditional support from the management team, and have developed life long skills that cross over into all parts of life. My personal values of hard work, positivity, and integrity match the platform Vivid Marketing is build upon.

Cons

Its a 9 hour work day rather than an 8 hour work day

The office atmosphere is more fun than any other place I've ever worked. The training is so hands on that people really learn and feel comfortable to ask questions. The way you teach first and then apply is extremely beneficial.

Dec 4, 2014President

So nice to hear that the company culture and atmosphere are among your favorite aspects of our company. We want to ensure that everyone feels welcomed and comfortable, and has fun doing what they ... More

Awesome Experience with Motivated People!

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Vivid Marketing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company culture is second to none. It is a team-oriented atmosphere that provides performance-based advancement. I have never met so many people that are truly willing to help others get to where they want to be. Vivid Marketing, Inc. fosters a positive, fun atmosphere while providing hands-on experience. The environment is perfect for recent college grads! The coolest aspect of the job is the travel opportunities. I have traveled to Orlando, San Antonio, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Chicago, Phoenix, Dallas, and the Bahamas for work! In addition to unbelievable travel opportunities, I love that I get to meet new people every day, and often change peoples' lives by offering them an exciting new career. I could not love my job more.

Cons

Vivid Marketing, Inc. is not for the lazy and unmotivated. Hard work, a positive attitude, and relentless focus are required! This is a career, not a job. Self-motivation may be difficult for some, but it is the only way to get what you want out of life. The juice is worth the squeeze at Vivid Marketing, Inc.!

Keep up the good work!

Dec 4, 2014President

WOW! We love to hear from our current team members about their candid thoughts of Vivid Marketing. Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your personal experiences with us! -CH

Leadership and entrepreneurial experience, funded by direct sales

Current Employee - Sales Representative (Leader) to Manager in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Representative (Leader) to Manager in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Vivid Marketing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Tons of potential with the new client and program they are working on. The managers have a ton of energy; and based on the numerous relatively young, college (and some grad school) educated, and motivated employees they have I would say the company is trending upward in terms of growth and expansion. The training program is very detailed, and each entry level person is assigned a company mentor - which I really needed for not only direction but support when I was brand new.

Cons

The morning meetings are relatively short. I understand the emphasis is on team goals and creating energy but I really found the meetings to be educational and wished they were a little longer.

Continue doing 1:1 meetings with your employees. I really enjoyed hearing about my performance and what areas I could improve on.

Dec 16, 2014President

Thanks for your feedback! We'll definitely work on making some of our meetings a little longer. However, while we are very focused on group learning, we've learned that it's the individual time that ... More

Helped me jump start my career

Former Employee - Account Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Vivid Marketing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone was really nice and fun at the office. The job helped me throw a few big brand names and some sales experience on my resume. It was def a good start to my career as it was my first job out of college. I got a lot of valuable training and made around 40k in the year or so I was there. It definitely helped me get the job I have now.

Cons

The hours were tough and the job wasn't always smooth sailing. I don't know if that's totally avoidable at any job, but just being honest. There isn't a lot of time off options, but you get what you put in when it comes to sales / marketing. I'm finding that's the case at where I'm at now.

Keep up the good work! I miss you guys and am very grateful for the chance you all gave me. Go O's!

Dec 4, 2014President

It's nice to see that the experience you gained at Vivid Marketing, Inc. is helping in your current career choice. We know that, in the long term, this career choice is not suited for everyone, but ... More

A great learning experience and great fast track to sales.

Former Employee - Field Sales in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Field Sales in Columbia, MD

I worked at Vivid Marketing (less than an year)

Pros

I really liked the training as you were in the field. You would break down your days and what you could improve on regularly. There is no better sales experience than B2B sales. I was able to meet with over 2400 face to face impulse meetings. You really learn what to do and what not to do as you go through the weeks. Also Chrysanthi is awesome!

Cons

-Hours were kind of long but that's any sales job.
    -I enjoyed being outside and walking besides when it was cold.
    -If you are not good at dealing with adversity, you shouldn't work here. No is a usual

Chrysanthi does what she can to the best of her ability and I think the cons really don't deal with her. She would be a great boss/president/owner anywhere. They need to let her do much structuring.

Dec 4, 2014President

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! We really appreciate the feedback, since we're are constantly looking to improve our weaknesses and focus on our strengths!

It seems as though

This job is a joke

I worked at Vivid Marketing

Pros

People were nice enough

Cons

I feel like this is a scam. Y'all are not the "marketing" I studied in college, it's door to door sales. I lasted a total of 3 weeks and got a check in the mail for $7. Thought it was a joke. Doesn't cover gas $$ even though you're in the car ALL day. Going over business strategies felt like I was in high school and took up too much time. Honestly if you've recently graduated and are looking for work,you're much better off taking an unpaid internship and working at a restaurant or something of that nature to make cash.

Pay people while they are training. $200 for the entire training period isn't even remotely minimum wage. Or pay them more than $7 in my case. Also advertise yourselves as sales and not a "marketing & advertising firm"

Dec 4, 2014President

Hi, I'm not sure when you worked with us, but there are a couple things I'd like to address.

-Our previous pay structure WAS commissions only, meaning it was pay based on performance, however, in
    ... More

Long hours, low pay, possibly even no pay.

I worked at Vivid Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very slim chance of moving up in the ranks to a decent wage.

Cons

Expected to work at least 9 hours a day, usually more.

Pay your employees a base salary.

Mar 19, 2014President

Hi there. I'm sorry this was your impression of our company. We absolutely believe in work hard, play hard. Our "work hours" are Monday - Friday 8:00 - 5:00; however it is not uncommon to find our ... More

Good for a recent grad who has no bills to worry about

Former Employee - Account Representative in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Columbia, MD

I worked at Vivid Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The office is full of outgoing twenty-somethings who made going to work semi fun. It is also real world experience that is good to get your foot in the door

Cons

Everyone was required to be at the office by 8 but strongly encouraged to set up meetings starting at 7:15. The first two hours of the day we going over "business strategies" and hearing the same theories over and over again. From 10 until 5, you were out in the field going door to door selling office supplies. Any expense that happened during the day was out of the representative pocket and they are encouraged to keep every receipt to write off at the end of the year. After going door to door for about 6 hours, you were required to come back to the office to settle up your day and report your sales and numbers. After a long day, there were team and crew nights where attendance was optional but highly looked down upon if you didn't go them.

To make a long story even shorter, I made little money working long hours, longer if you included the events at night. Some days I was gone 12 hours and made no money. This is fine if you live at home and just need the experience

Mar 19, 2014President

We do offer hands-on, real world training in the sales & marketing industry; and I'm glad to hear you thought that was the most beneficial takeaway of your time here with us. To reiterate your ... More

Lasted one day.

Former Employee - Sales in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Sales in Columbia, MD

I worked at Vivid Marketing part-time (less than an year)

Pros

None. They make you work and don't pay.

Cons

This company pays for 'performance'. Which means, won't pay you or pay you very little.

Stop your deceiving practices.

Mar 19, 2014President

I'm sorry this position wasn't the best fit for you.

We pay our employees for completing training; which would have required you to complete your first 5 days. We are correct with our payment
    ... More

Feels like I was Cheated.

Current Employee - Account Representative in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Vivid Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun people to work with. Good place to keep busy till you find a real job.

Cons

Job is actually going door to door selling office supplies instead of the marketing job that it was advertised as. Opportunity driven is the motto but it is all about building teams under you. On interview it was shown to be a "fast track" to management if you worked "hard." It was shown to be a year to management. So far no one I met in the office has accomplished that task. You have to build teams under you in order to get the chance at promotion. Only select few are given chances to build teams even though it is supposed to be a fair environment based on performance and not favoritism. Favoritism is definitely a strong characteristic of the office. IF the manager likes you then you grow otherwise you are just doing a door to door job everyday selling for the office. The pay is 100% commission which is interesting but not predictable. Some paychecks may be large and others may be small. It averages to around $200-400 a week, and that is for consistent "stronger" reps. Gas to go from the field (the area where you go door to door) to the office is not covered. The rep is responsible for gas, food, and they have to use their own phone. Nothing is covered by the company. Reps must drive in to the office every morning then go to the field then come back to the office then go back home. Its like driving to work and back almost twice a day. Some reps have to travel 25-30 miles one way to the field and then again use their vehicles to get around to sell door to door. Thus in total they may drive up to 55-70 miles a day and thats not including the commute to the office and back home. Territories are "randomly" assigned by the manager. Again favoritism can be a factor because territory can be given that is far or near to the office greatly affecting cost for rep to work each day as well as how fast they can begin their day trying to make money. On days when a rep sells NOTHING they make NOTHING! There are also no benefits offered. There are also very long hours. Reps have to be in at 8:00AM to the office and then usually leave the office around 5:30-6:00PM. On days that you make money its not bad but on days that you make $0.00 and pay for gas and food and go in the negative it is a terrible feeling. All in all its a fun place to learn "real sales" but its nothing more than that. Its a good job place holder on your resume till you find a better job.

Be more honest with new hires and be more fair.