Vivid Marketing Reviews

3.5
Vivid Marketing President Chrysanthi Halkiotis
Chrysanthi Halkiotis

1. Great People, Great Environment, Not for the Lazy

I have been working at Vivid Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've had a few jobs and it is hard to find one where the people you work with are happy to come to work and enjoy what they do. That is absolutely the case at Vivid and that makes coming to work every day exciting, not dreadful.

If you have a positive attitude and a great work ethic you can absolutely succeed here, and better still, everyone here WANTS you to succeed and will do anything they can to help you do so.

There are weekly team nights for team members to get together and unwind as well as get to know each other (they are geared towards fun and being inexpensive).

Everyone here wants to succeed, but they also want to see their teammates do the same. This is NOT at all cut-throat, but we do encourage friendly in-house competition (with rewards like tickets to a ball game). Team members and management are supportive and very approachable and incredibly up-front and open if you have any questions or concerns.

Its great that account reps are not paid commission only and there are cool travel opportunities throughout the year.

For me, having the chance to do a job I love with great people is irreplaceable and very important. It's also great that there is no door-to-door sales or telemarketing.

The culture is amazing; we celebrate birthdays, and regularly applaud and cheer on the accomplishments of teammates -- it's great to work with such sincere, kind, fun people who share your "work-hard but have fun" mentality.

If you're willing to work hard to create your own opportunity, you'll definitely succeed here, and have the entire team's support throughout the process!

Cons

None of these are necessarily "cons" but are all things to bear in mind!

There are non-traditional benefits; so if you are looking for a 401k and health-insurance as must-haves for your next position, this won't be for you.

The hours for account reps are 10:30-7 for 5 days a week, and generally include weekends, which isn't for everyone.

Account reps need to be able to drive so they can get from the office to their site for the day (but you do get paid while you're driving to your site!)

Account reps are paid hourly + bonuses and commissions. So your whole paycheck isn't reliant on commission but obviously the better you do the more you make! So in a way you completely own your ability to earn whatever amount you want to earn; the potential is absolutely there.

Advice to Management

Stay excellent!

Cool co-workers. Not so cool job

Former Employee - Account Representative
    Former Employee - Account Representative

I worked at Vivid Marketing

Pros

Good co-workers, training (even though it can get confusing at times), daily games

Cons

Door-to-door selling, terrible compensation, CH wasn't always the friendliest

Advice to Management

Please be more clear about what the company actually does.

Exactly what I was looking for - Training & Advancement

Current Employee - Account Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Vivid Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Being a decently new graduate, it's tough to get a job right out of college - You either find great jobs that require experience, or not so great jobs that you have to be at for at least a year or so to gain the knowledge & experience to put on your resume for those jobs that require 1-2 years experience. This job has a great balance of everything I was looking for!

I knew when I started I wasn't going to be going straight into an executive role, but that I could start out Entry-Level, and receive the coaching and training I needed with ONE company in order to move up quickly. The pay is fair, offering a base AND commissions, the environment is relaxed and fun, yet professional, and the growth opportunities are exceptional.

Cons

I honestly can't say there are any. This company and opportunity are exactly what I was looking for.

Advice to Management

I really appreciate the fact that you guys are so hands-on and personable. You know each and every employee, and get to know them beyond the professional environment. It makes it that much easier to ask questions and for additional help and coaching.

Feb 24, 2015President

Wow - Thank you so much for your review of Vivid Marketing! We make sure to be as hands-on and personable as possible with every team member in order to give everyone the same opportunities to ... More

Great place if you want to own a business.

Former Employee - Sales Representative (Leader) in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Representative (Leader) in Columbia, MD

I worked at Vivid Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Worked here for several months, and the culture was amazing. Team nights every week, delightfully unconventional office environment, great opportunity for advancement. People were very friendly and training was thorough. They'll teach you just how to be a sales person, even if you have no prior experience. If you hope of owning your own business someday, this is the job for you!

Cons

Start every day in the office, but actual sales occur in the field, where you pitch the product (in my case Verizon Fios) within the walls of a Big Box retailer (in my case, Walmart). Often need to drive upwards of forty minutes from office to get to the field. At least one day, I ended up driving over 3 hours for a 7.5 hour workday. Forced to work on weekends, so overall not a great setup for people with families. Only for people truly interested in climbing the corporate ladder.

Advice to Management

None; they have the perfect system set up, IF you've got what it takes.

Feb 24, 2015President

We really appreciate your honest and open opinion to your experience here at Vivid Marketing! We're glad you enjoyed the atmosphere, and appreciated the hands-on training and development that we ... More

Account rep

I worked at Vivid Marketing

Pros

If you dont have a degree and you wanna start at the bottom you might have a good opportunity of success

Cons

You have to drive your car, the pay isn't good at start

Feb 10, 2015President

Although there isn't much detail or reason for such a low score in this review, other than the thought that you felt it wasn't the best fit for you, thank you for taking the time to review our ... More

great work experience

I worked at Vivid Marketing

Pros

love the atmosphere
    good work environment

Cons

The benefits could be better

Unleashed Potential

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Vivid Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I found everything I wanted in the working world and more at Vivid Marketing. I have made some of the best friends, I've received unconditional support from the management team, and have developed life long skills that cross over into all parts of life. My personal values of hard work, positivity, and integrity match the platform Vivid Marketing is build upon.

Cons

Its a 9 hour work day rather than an 8 hour work day

Advice to Management

The office atmosphere is more fun than any other place I've ever worked. The training is so hands on that people really learn and feel comfortable to ask questions. The way you teach first and then apply is extremely beneficial.

Dec 4, 2014President

So nice to hear that the company culture and atmosphere are among your favorite aspects of our company. We want to ensure that everyone feels welcomed and comfortable, and has fun doing what they ... More

Awesome Experience with Motivated People!

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Vivid Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company culture is second to none. It is a team-oriented atmosphere that provides performance-based advancement. I have never met so many people that are truly willing to help others get to where they want to be. Vivid Marketing, Inc. fosters a positive, fun atmosphere while providing hands-on experience. The environment is perfect for recent college grads! The coolest aspect of the job is the travel opportunities. I have traveled to Orlando, San Antonio, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Chicago, Phoenix, Dallas, and the Bahamas for work! In addition to unbelievable travel opportunities, I love that I get to meet new people every day, and often change peoples' lives by offering them an exciting new career. I could not love my job more.

Cons

Vivid Marketing, Inc. is not for the lazy and unmotivated. Hard work, a positive attitude, and relentless focus are required! This is a career, not a job. Self-motivation may be difficult for some, but it is the only way to get what you want out of life. The juice is worth the squeeze at Vivid Marketing, Inc.!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Dec 4, 2014President

WOW! We love to hear from our current team members about their candid thoughts of Vivid Marketing. Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your personal experiences with us! -CH

Leadership and entrepreneurial experience, funded by direct sales

Current Employee - Sales Representative (Leader) to Manager in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Representative (Leader) to Manager in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Vivid Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tons of potential with the new client and program they are working on. The managers have a ton of energy; and based on the numerous relatively young, college (and some grad school) educated, and motivated employees they have I would say the company is trending upward in terms of growth and expansion. The training program is very detailed, and each entry level person is assigned a company mentor - which I really needed for not only direction but support when I was brand new.

Cons

The morning meetings are relatively short. I understand the emphasis is on team goals and creating energy but I really found the meetings to be educational and wished they were a little longer.

Advice to Management

Continue doing 1:1 meetings with your employees. I really enjoyed hearing about my performance and what areas I could improve on.

Dec 16, 2014President

Thanks for your feedback! We'll definitely work on making some of our meetings a little longer. However, while we are very focused on group learning, we've learned that it's the individual time that ... More

Helped me jump start my career

Former Employee - Account Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Vivid Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone was really nice and fun at the office. The job helped me throw a few big brand names and some sales experience on my resume. It was def a good start to my career as it was my first job out of college. I got a lot of valuable training and made around 40k in the year or so I was there. It definitely helped me get the job I have now.

Cons

The hours were tough and the job wasn't always smooth sailing. I don't know if that's totally avoidable at any job, but just being honest. There isn't a lot of time off options, but you get what you put in when it comes to sales / marketing. I'm finding that's the case at where I'm at now.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! I miss you guys and am very grateful for the chance you all gave me. Go O's!

Dec 4, 2014President

It's nice to see that the experience you gained at Vivid Marketing, Inc. is helping in your current career choice. We know that, in the long term, this career choice is not suited for everyone, but ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed