Vivint

Updated February 28, 2015
3.5

Vivint CEO Todd Pedersen
Todd Pedersen

Pros
  • They provide a free lunch per every 8 hours that you work (in 28 reviews)

• The company is growing so quickly that often times more spots are opening than there are people to fill them (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Almost the entirety of this company's profits come from door-to-door sales (in 7 reviews)

• Sketchy sales reps who say anything to get it installed (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Constantly frustrated with other departments doing their jobs wrong

Former Employee - Technical Support Professional in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Technical Support Professional in Provo, UT

I worked at Vivint full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They are very flexible with your schedule. If you have to change your hours, they do their best to accommodate. They provide many training opportunities and incentives to improve the customer experience.

Cons

I got a lot of phone calls from angry people. Some of these couldn't be avoided, but if the sales reps were more honest with customers about the terms of their contracts, we wouldn't have to deal with so many angry customers. Also, they were always pushing us to upsell our customers even when they were not happy with us or our services. When we didn't try to upsell, our calls were marked down even in tense phone situations.

Be more selective in hiring summer sales representatives. Maybe they should balance out a normal wage and commission so they don't deceive customers in order to get a sale. There would be a lower turnover rate in the customer service department for sure.

Poor pay and benefits

I have been working at Vivint

Pros

Great culture
    Innovative products
    Cares for customers

Cons

No employer contribution to 401 (k)
    Salaries below many industry standards
    Medical benefits are the worst I've seen
    Upper management can't lead

Good people, great facilities, very tedious work

Former Employee - Monitoring Representative in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Monitoring Representative in Provo, UT

I worked at Vivint

Pros

The facilities are great, location is great, many different options for schedules, and MOST of the people are friendly. Just avoid the classic Provo all-star "Vivint bros" that think they are God's gift to us all because they can sell a home automation system.

Cons

It is extremely boring and tedious. They will make it sound like you'll be "saving lives" but in reality you'll spend all day calling people who's cat set off their alarm and often times you'll be sending police or fire departments to these people's houses because they weren't able to answer their phones to say its a false alarm. Which in turn results in you dealing with pissed off customers who now have to deal with police/ems/fire are their home when everyone and their dog knows its a false alarm. better safe than sorry but it makes the monitoring job pretty unpleasant. If you want to clock in, sit on your butt all day and bring home a mediocre pay check for mundane work, this job is for you. it's easy and takes no skill.

All of the "senior reps" are only senior reps because they've been there longer. good for them for having no ambition. All the senior reps spent more time surfing the internet and having crap attitudes when questions are asked. Quit promoting people and paying them more to do half the work.

I really enjoyed working for Vivint!

I worked at Vivint

Pros

Vivint is really good at taking care of their employers! They even feed you lunch or dinner at their awesome cafe and are very understanding about all of the things that happen in life. They also help you learn your field as well as possible and the culture is very upbeat and positive.

Cons

The only challenges i found in working for Vivint was having quite the load of work to do, and the occasional rift between other co workers.

Be open and friendly towards all of your employee's and their ideas for how to improve things.

Decent pay, stifling environment

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Provo, UT

I worked at Vivint part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pay is good in customer care considering other entry level Provo UT jobs

Cons

Some of the supervisors are downright inept. They promote you based on your stats, not whether you have management skills.

Train your supervisors. Teach them that managing is different than micromanaging

What an internship at Vivint consists of

Former Employee - Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Vivint

Pros

Meeting new people and improving your sales skills if your interested in that. Very interactive job and you will generally get back what you put into the job. The ability to improve your communication skills is there and this can be a profitable opportunity depending on the type of person you are.

Cons

Some of the sale tactics you learn are underhanded. The work-life balance is horrible as you only get Sundays off. This is a door to door sales job and do not let any fool you that its not. This job might not be for the introverted people or someone not willing to deceive someone into signing a contract. Because its door to door, you will meet rude people all the time.

Sales Representative

I worked at Vivint

Pros

Good pay but long hours in the summer
    culture
    people
    solid company

Cons

lifestyle
    hours
    pay is lower than other door to door sales

Working for Vivint has given me valuable experiences and a great working culture.

Current Employee - Senior Field Service Technician
    Current Employee - Senior Field Service Technician

I have been working at Vivint full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Self manage, work with diverse populations, innovators within their industry, promote teamwork

Cons

has become cheap towards their field employees - trying to grow too fast due to investors,

Great company culture

Former Intern - Innovation Fellow in Lehi, UT
    Former Intern - Innovation Fellow in Lehi, UT

I worked at Vivint as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic people to work with. Everyone in the innovation lab is very friendly and cooperative. It is an exciting new and upcoming tech company that has potential to have a very large impact

Cons

Sometimes thing move a little slower than you want them to because of the culture being almost too friendly. There is a cafeteria that is good, but not great if you want to eat healthy

Focus on bold innovation

Its an ok place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Vivint full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The pay is ok. People are nice.

Cons

Bad benefits. No growth potential without going directly into management

not sure