Vivint Reviews

Updated September 10, 2014
3.9

Vivint CEO Todd Pedersen
Todd Pedersen

Pros
  • The only pros were the co-workers and the fact they do give you free lunch everyday (in 24 reviews)

• This company is growing so fast and if you are talented and can create real value you just found the right company (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Bad sales reps can give a great sales rep a bad name (in 10 reviews)

• Almost the entirety of this company's profits come from door-to-door sales (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Growing company with the customer in mind.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I have been working at Vivint full-time for more than a year

Pros

Being a growing company there is a lot of opportunity for growth. They are bringing in a solid Senior Management team that will effectively sustain Vivint's growth far into the future.

Cons

The benefits are great, but for young families, the insurance is higher than what I have experienced in other companies.

Although there are a lot of opportunities for growth, they tend to bend their hiring rules for friends. There is a lot of who you know vs. what you know.

Good career path

I have been working at Vivint full-time

Pros

Lax environment, great benefits, culture

Cons

Aggressive sales and support thereof, young crowd only

Increase professionalism

Put me through school.

Current Employee - Billing/Collections  in  Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Billing/Collections in Provo, UT

I have been working at Vivint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flex with my sched, good pay, not extremely difficult position.

Cons

deal with crappy customers all day.

penalize sales reps for shittly accounts.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Loved it.

Current Employee - Technician  in  El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Technician in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Vivint full-time for more than a year

Pros

people
    pay
    I love helping people
    Fun work environment

Cons

Long hours
    Slow times
    moving around
    heavy lifting
    Hard work

Questionable ethics, favoritism, ethnic racial discrimination shrouded in a start-up like environment.

I worked at Vivint

Pros

Cool projects and technology with good access to tools, equipment and software. Pretty lax work environment which probably needs to change.

Cons

Where do I start. Management is arrogant yet clueless and lots of empire building. Heavy discrimination if you are NOT Mormon. Very questionable ethics, just google them. Very poor planning leads to hectic fire drills often which could be prevented. If you don't mind sacrificing your own personal business values work for them! Otherwise RUN.

Look at what you are actually doing. Listen to customers and employees and stop wasting venture capital dollars like it's yours. Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves!

Awful, felt unorganized and sloppy.

Former Employee - Customer Retention Representative  in  Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Retention Representative in Provo, UT

I worked at Vivint full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, free meals with full time employment, perks for performing above average, great activities while at work.

Cons

The biggest challenge was trying to stay awake through 2 week training. The trainer didn't seem like they knew what they were doing, we only went over something once then moved on, spent a lot of time talking about non-work related topics, felt like there was no progress from day 1 to day 10. They also spent a lot of time talking about how the other departments are incompetent.

When moved to the actual call floor, still dazed and confused from training, received hardly any help from my supervisor or team lead. Reprimanded my first day on the floor for not keeping up with everyone else's stats--being on after call time too long, not reading correct verbatim scripts(when they were not yet available to me). Overall an incredibly sad experience. 4 of my team members left after the first day. They hype you up by telling you all about the perks and benefits so you won't leave, but now I realize why they give so many--it's a joke trying to get people to stay after their pathetic training course.

Extensive training courses and reliable resources that are willing to solve the issue with you, instead of telling you how to do it, then moving on to something else.

7 years, started as an installer in the summer program, hired into field service, promoted to management. internal advan

Current Employee - Regional Manager Field Service  in  Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Regional Manager Field Service in Provo, UT

I have been working at Vivint full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I really appreciate the opportunities that are presented to get my ideas implemented to positively effect my team and customers. As I do work remotely Work life balance is completely up to me, its the benefits of being self employed without the risks.

Cons

You better like change and innovation. Vivint is growing and pushing limits, if change is uncomfortable for you, keep looking.

Keep listening to the front lines, you're doing great. Keep spending time with them.

Considering Vivint for your future?

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Miami, FL

I have been working at Vivint full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Awesome opportunity, offering the best products superior to that of its competitors. Great atmosphere!
    - A very charitable company.
    - Make six figures with the right work ethic.
    - Amazing rep support.

Cons

- Takes a lot of focus.
    - Commission only

Wouldn't change anything the management is doing.

Great culture, great opportunities

I have been working at Vivint

Pros

Fun culture with plenty of opportunities for advancement. The company is growing so quickly that often times more spots are opening than there are people to fill them.

Cons

Low salaries compared to the national average. Poor health insurance plan and limited on other benefits.

I love the opportunity that Vivint has given me.

Current Employee - Field Service Professional
    Current Employee - Field Service Professional

I have been working at Vivint full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hourly pay with a guaranteed 70 hours of pay if, you work or not. An open door policy. Great all around company with individuals that love to help one another. First class company with some health benefits and financial plans.

Cons

FSP need more flexibilty with distribution of products and services.

Keep developing the role of the Fied Service Professional by placing more control on how products and service are sold to customers. If, a FSP is trusted, honest, and loyal. Give him or her more flexibilty with selling products and sevices, so to increase their revenue.

Worked for Vivint? Contribute to the Community!